Fate of the Universe on the line, who takes the final shot?

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
If its a breakaway then Mcdavid not even close

Outside of a breakaway if we are assuming that an alient goalie is league average I dont think any player scores o them unless odd man rush chance

All elite shooters usually score b/c they have multiple options on the ice, there is puck movement and quick passing

If its a set shot whether a one timer, wrist shot, snap down the wing, the only threat is the shot.

A league average goalie should be able to make that save no matter who the scorer is as the shooter is limited and doesnt have full creativity (non breakaway or odd man rush scenerio)

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
You talking to me about statistics is laughable considering what I do for a living and how successful I’ve been doing it. And if YOU knew anything about statistics you would know that a larger sample size is not inherently better depending on what you’re trying to achieve (so long as the minimum required sample size is reached for the desired confidence level), and that a larger window equates to a larger lag (in other words, the further you go back in creating your moving average the slower it will be to pick up on trend changes…such as Point’s clear and growing advantage over Draisaitl in shooting percentage in recent years.)

And you are the one who went back to ancient history and cherry-picked statistics in a transparent and utterly failed attempt to make Draisaitl look like the better shooter today. You aren’t fooling anybody.

Thanks for the laugh though. There’s little funnier than the unearned and unwarranted arrogance of someone who has no clue what he’s talking about, towards somebody who actually does.
Seeing as how you are an ultra successful stats and all around cool guy you should be able to understand sample size. :laugh:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Seeing as how you are an ultra successful stats and all around cool guy you should be able to understand sample size. :laugh:
I do; you clearly don’t as you assume that a larger sample size is inherently superior in all situations - something someone with even a high school-level understanding of the topic would know is untrue. I attempted to explain this to you but apparently it went well over your head - as do most things, I’m sure.

But thanks for once again proving your complete ignorance of the subject and inability to intelligently respond to the thorough dismantling of your thesis by someone who actually knows what he’s talking about. Apparently all you’re capable of is mocking your betters and laughing like an idiot when your shortcomings are exposed for all to see. And as toying with those as deficient as yourself has ceased to be entertaining to me, I must bid you adieu. Good luck going through life with that attitude - I’m sure you’ll go far.

• Haha
Reactions: Rafafouille

mcdingdong

Mar 21, 2019
You talking to me about statistics is laughable considering what I do for a living and how successful I’ve been doing it. And if YOU knew anything about statistics you would know that a larger sample size is not inherently better depending on what you’re trying to achieve (so long as the minimum required sample size is reached for the desired confidence level), and that a larger window equates to a larger lag (in other words, the further you go back in creating your moving average the slower it will be to pick up on trend changes…such as Point’s clear and growing advantage over Draisaitl in shooting percentage in recent years.)

And you are the one who went back to ancient history and cherry-picked statistics in a transparent and utterly failed attempt to make Draisaitl look like the better shooter today. You aren’t fooling anybody.

Thanks for the laugh though. There’s little funnier than the unearned and unwarranted arrogance of someone who has no clue what he’s talking about, towards somebody who actually does.
Not including "ancient history"

Ok, playoffs last 2 years, who is the playoff choker?

Player A: 15GP 4g 5a -9
Player B: 28GP 20g 30a +3

See what happens when both sides are disingenuous to try to sound super cool online? I mean this thread is based on a wild and wacky hypothetical and people like yourself get hilariously bent out of shape. Relax pal.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Hockey? TGO

Basketball - MJ
This is post #123 in this thread and I'm the first person to say WAYNE GRETZKY!

Be better, HF.
As you can see above I had typed it out...then thought...I didn't feel like arguing. Fate of the universe ; obvi a high pressure playoff like atmosphere...times infinity...TGO and Hull are tied for most playoff winning goals. You think to yourself...who has ice water running through their veins?

Gretz for sure. Who is money when the chips are down? Hull? Kane? Sakic? I don't do "prime" X player because that is worthless. Career-wise...who do you want...gonna stick with TGO.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
I do; you clearly don’t as you assume that a larger sample size is inherently superior in all situations - something someone with even a high school-level understanding of the topic would know is untrue. I attempted to explain this to you but apparently it went well over your head - as do most things, I’m sure.

But thanks for once again proving your complete ignorance of the subject and inability to intelligently respond to the thorough dismantling of your thesis by someone who actually knows what he’s talking about. Apparently all you’re capable of is mocking your betters and laughing like an idiot when your shortcomings are exposed for all to see. And as toying with those as deficient as yourself has ceased to be entertaining to me, I must bid you adieu. Good luck going through life with that attitude - I’m sure you’ll go far.
Maybe you need some therapy? You are a pretty angry guy. Cheer up. :thumbu:

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Not including "ancient history"

Ok, playoffs last 2 years, who is the playoff choker?

Player A: 15GP 4g 5a -9
Player B: 28GP 20g 30a +3

See what happens when both sides are disingenuous to try to sound super cool online? I mean this thread is based on a wild and wacky hypothetical and people like yourself get hilariously bent out of shape. Relax pal.
Since it’s apparently necessary for me to give out remedial lessons in basic statistical inference, here’s lesson #2: context matters and must be taken into account when drawing conclusions from data. For instance, the fact that Point was injured both of the last two postseasons clearly negates any implication that he was a choker based on the numbers alone.

And nothing I said was disingenuous - to the contrary, I called out the disingenuousness in someone else, showed how his argument was flawed and reliant on cherry-picked statistics, and disproved his thesis using more recent and therefore appropriate numbers. Do you have anything intelligent to contribute to the discussion, or is unnecessary snark the limit of your capability as well?

It is funny though that you think someone like you matters enough to get me bent out of shape, or indeed to have any impact on my life whatsoever beyond wasting my time reading your nonsense. Fortunately that is easily remedied.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad