Fate of the Universe on the line, who takes the final shot?

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
It’s Matthews. Having a hard time thinking of where and how. Cause sometimes it’s wild to see that he scored a beauty one or “lucky” one from random different spots on the ice.

Five hole though, I’d say. Especially if the goalie has seen a steady supply of rubber around the ears.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
The fact that the best goal scorer on the planet is barely mentioned in this thread suggests that the universe may not be worth saving.

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
1000000064.jpg

In the battle to save the universe, the Leafs are Eddie "The Fire Blaster" Plant.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
I'm still wondering how a hockey player taking a shot saves the universe :laugh:Prime Danny Briere. Mr clutch in the playoffs

"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game, I’d choose Michael Jordan. If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life, I’d take Larry Bird."
- Pat Riley
Bird was amazing to watch. Had the pleasure of being a Celtics fan, watching hundreds of games in the 80s-90s, in his prime he was lights out. Our Tom Brady of basketball

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
Bird was amazing to watch. Had the pleasure of being a Celtics fan, watching hundreds of games in the 80s-90s, in his prime he was lights out. Our Tom Brady of basketball
He was the greatest all-around player in basketball history, and before he crippled his back building his mom’s driveway he was the greatest, period. Jordan was an amazing athlete and nearly as cold-blooded in the clutch as Bird, but he never elevated his teammates to the extent Bird did, nor could he dominate a game with his passing alone the way Bird could.

I’d happily build a team around any of Bird, Magic, or Jordan, but if you give me a choice I’m choosing Bird every time - and this is coming from someone who hates all things Boston. He was just that damn good.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
I'd pick myself easily. I either miss/save and go out with the universe like everyone else or make it and become the savior of the universe being written about for the remainder of human history.

• Wow
Reactions: Realgud

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
Anyone nominating Leafs players don't want the universe to exists anymore. We've seen them under pressure for many years and it ain't pretty

I'm going with Mario all time.

And McDavid for present.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad