Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
McDavid
McKinnon
Barzal
Ehlers
Point
Hall (everyone forget about this guy??)

Plus a few more but those are the top guys IMO.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
He's so dangerous with the puck. I almost have a heart attack whenever the Leafs and Avs play and Mackinnon flies through the neutral zone.

1. McDavid
2. Mackinnon

What impresses me with Mackinnon when watching him is his hands at that speed. It's hard to describe, but there is this quickness and true elite level handling of the puck when he is reaching those speeds. When he has the puck and is working through the neutral zone...you just know the likelihood of it ending well for your team isn't high :laugh:

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Have a sample where he goes faster than that? Use the lines as measurement and have them side-by-side.

I have dozens of McDavid samples, none are this fast. Or are you just saying?

This is "fastest skater", not "most agile skater" or "best stickhandler".

That's, 1.55 seconds blue to blue. McDavid's never hit 1.6 in my samples, maybe 1.67.

Bla bla bla....

Take these samples and throw it in the trash.

They are your samples and the equipment u use for these samples have error rates through the roof and have no validity.

McDavid would eat Byron alive with the puck.

A simple eye test would be enough to determine that. Thanks for trying.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Red Line

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
On Montreal, its Paul Byron and Max Domi. Those are two guys that seem to be able to carry pucks at their top speeds.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
And also, I want to nominate Paul Byron too.
One of the fastest hockey player I have seen.

Slitty

Oct 23, 2005
Historically - Bure would explode toward the opposing net when he got the puck and just kept on building distance between himself and all the players attempting to chase him. I'm surprised that he wasn't among the first retired players mentioned.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Historically - Bure would explode toward the opposing net when he got the puck and just kept on building distance between himself and all the players attempting to chase him. I'm surprised that he wasn't among the first retired players mentioned.
bure didn't skate...he ran!

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
Have a sample where he goes faster than that? Use the lines as measurement and have them side-by-side.

I have dozens of McDavid samples, none are this fast. Or are you just saying?

This is "fastest skater", not "most agile skater" or "best stickhandler".

That's, 1.55 seconds blue to blue. McDavid's never hit 1.6 in my samples, maybe 1.67.

I mean he started full speed from behind his net and had a straight line path with nobody in his way. He couldn’t even beat Martinook, McDavid could’ve in 2 strides.

Reactions: McFlash97

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019
What impresses me with Mackinnon when watching him is his hands at that speed. It's hard to describe, but there is this quickness and true elite level handling of the puck when he is reaching those speeds. When he has the puck and is working through the neutral zone...you just know the likelihood of it ending well for your team isn't high :laugh:

What's funny is, I feel like he overhandles the puck sometimes though, when carrying it through the neutral zone and even when he's surveying things from the wall on the PP. He will cradle the puck and get his hands going 100 MPH even when he's not really making a move or deceiving a defender.

A bum like me probably isn't one to critique one of the best players in the league but I've always thought he could clean some of that up from his game.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
The guy might not have the best data, but he's literally just telling you the results of a concerted effort to collect data on exactly this, who are you to tell him he's wrong? Or have you hacked his computer and found a mistake in whatever spreadsheet this information exists?

Reactions: binop7

jbobell98

Dec 14, 2017

In this video Sportsnet clocks Mcdavid at over 40kmh. If your blueline to blueline time of 1.55 is correct, Byron reaches a max speed of 35.4 km/h (15.24m/1.55s = 9.83m/s). Which is slower than Mcdavid.[/QUOTE]

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
Pre-Cooke EK65 was flat out more explosive than his peers with the puck.

I recall a few games in 2013 post Norris win and pre Cooke that were just unfair the way he'd slice through entire defenses like they were standing still.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Pre-Cooke EK65 was flat out more explosive than his peers with the puck.

I recall a few games in 2013 post Norris win and pre Cooke that were just unfair the way he'd slice through entire defenses like they were standing still.

I think he was the best skater with the puck besides McDavid.

FDBluth

Jul 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
In this video Sportsnet clocks Mcdavid at over 40kmh. If your blueline to blueline time of 1.55 is correct, Byron reaches a max speed of 35.4 km/h (15.24m/1.55s = 9.83m/s). Which is slower than Mcdavid.
That's not his max speed, that's his average speed. But I think it's still safe to assume that his max speed is nowhere close to 40 km/h in that clip.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad