Fastest players with the puck on their sticks

DashingDane

Dutch boy
Dec 16, 2014
Los Angeles
There is a big difference in being a fast skater and being fast with the puck imo. McJesus is easily the poster boy for making moves at high speed while controlling the puck while someone like Brandon Tanev is super fast but needs to dump and chase in order to utilize his speed the best.

Who is the fastest player on your team while controlling the puck?

I'll kick it off with the Jets where I'd give Ehlers the edge with Roslovic behind him.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
The fastest sample I have of a player with the puck is Paul Byron from last night. Outperforming Miles Wood's samples, and faster than any sample of McDavid's.

This sample.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
Eichel when he wants to. He has a tendency to slow everything down and do his best Joe Thornton impression instead of attacking the net like MacKinnon.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
the only fast skater on the blues who can control the puck while blasting up the ice is parayko

robert thomas can sometimes, next year he should be the answer for this

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Nah. McDavid is faster.
Have a sample where he goes faster than that? Use the lines as measurement and have them side-by-side.

I have dozens of McDavid samples, none are this fast. Or are you just saying?

This is "fastest skater", not "most agile skater" or "best stickhandler".

That's, 1.55 seconds blue to blue. McDavid's never hit 1.6 in my samples, maybe 1.67.

Last edited:

ESH

Jun 19, 2011
Johnny Gaudreau doesn’t have the best top speed, but when he gets the puck, nobody touches him. It’s mostly his agility that makes him such a good skater, but in terms of handling the puck at top speed I don’t think there’s anyone better in the league besides McDavid.

Reactions: Sk8M8

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012
This is the one area where McDavid is far and away the best in the league. His speed and ability to carry the puck at speed is unrivalled. I would have Mackinnon at #2

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Not my team but AA always seems to blow by D-men with such ease that I'm constantly in awe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad