Post-Game Talk: Farmboy Strikes Again! Jets Win 2-1

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
I thought that after a rough first Myers was pretty strong in the 2nd and 3rd (penalty notwithstanding).

He was moving his feet, moving the puck well and generating some offense. Hope he does more of that.

That's why I like Kulikov with him - he stabilizes that pair. The two struggle at times regaining control of the puck in their zone, but as a 3rd pair I think they are pretty good.

I agree. Kuli is (depending on injury) a very good skater, with good anticipation and awareness, a sort of Morrissey-lite, who makes generally safer plays with fewer howlers, and is -- crucially, I think -- far more predictable for forwards. I sometimes have to double-check to make sense of Myers skating past one of his own forwards to make a play. I like his creativity, especially when he works, but I feel like his forwards end up covering for him in a way that is less consequential when Kuli rather than Morrow is backstopping him.

I also think Niku is much better than navigating the corners and getting pucks free and out than anyone not names JMo, Trouba or Buff presently playing for the Jets. Underrated part of his game, I think.

Reactions: Ducky10

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Yea my day job has actually become a real job lately so I have been allot busier as well.

I think one of the byproducts of success with the Jets is the bar has now been set away higher. I get that with 114 points, a final 4 appearance, and allot more talent comes heightened expectations and we have always had posters that had their pet players they have been all in on but I guess I was just hoping winning would be a bit more joyful. Either way I will dust myself off and get back in the fight.

Please do, the bright side of the road is getting lonelier by the day.

And now, a musical interlude.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
There will always be complaining. Doesn't mean people aren't happy or the team isn't good. No one can argue with the results and the Jets f**king rock!

But as dedicated fans that spend a lot of time following the team there will always be things we disagree with. If a hockey message board isn't the place to vent those frustrations than I'm not really sure why it exists in the first place...

Such a very good post here by the eloquent Dane--and indeed, oh so true. I think this forum and the comments within it, shows the amount of passion that this City has for their hockey club--be they negative or positive posts.

Deep down, all Jet's fans are very proud of this team, and would love to see them get better --they are all well intentioned--well at least most of them.;)

Everyone wants to be a hero, and come up with the magical solution.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014

I don't think you can say something like this without it being substantiated ?? We have a 2nd line that Maurice does not trust to play against other team's 2 nd lines, because of their shortcomings-mostly defensively. Their also young and inexperienced.

Wheeler did a great job at center for 5-6 weeks last year when Scheiffle was injured. Right now we have a " very limited" second line, and something can be done to improve it. Trying Wheeler or Roslovic would be where I would start. Wheeler would be my 1st choice because he's played center, has speed and could make opportunities for Laine and Ehlers.
Great job? I guess that's a matter of perspective. I didn't see it that way. The Jets are far better with him on the wing.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Great job? I guess that's a matter of perspective. I didn't see it that way. The Jets are far better with him on the wing.

Well, we all have our own views Ducky 10, and I respect yours. You can clearly see there is a lot of discontent on how that 2nd line is put together, and being deployed. I offered my suggestions as to alternatives, and I don't expect everyone to agree. To each their own. :)

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville

Hey PS241 - I can see by your post, your getting aggravated with all the negativity, and as you say you can't tell if we won or lost by reading the PGT. Maybe it is time to rent that big bus, and repopulate the Forum with some dumber but happier posters. Not to bad of an idea.

Really and truly, I don't see it that way, I see it more as a hobby for some posters, that would like interesting topics on how to improve the Jet's team. Sometimes you have to be negative.

Generally though--I think deep down the people of Winnipeg and Jet's fans know we have a very talented club, and are proud of the way they represent our city. It's just that you wouldn't know that sometimes by reading these forums. I only take them with a grain of salt, so they don't bother me - if anything they amuse me.:)

I do see where your coming from though, as your one of the wisest and most knowledgeable posters on here, with usually only "positive" things to say.
I guess the problem is that if all we focussed on is the positives, we might just be like some of the local lapdog media types. Reporting or focussing only on the positives really doesn't do anybody justice.

I see these forums as a place to see where growth is possible & should be explored. We all recognize and frequently acknowledge how good of a team we have here. We have tons of talent, and most of us mention that fact very regularly. When we feel our talent is not being used properly, rightly or wrongly, this is the place to bounce those ideas off of other fans. Doesn't make us negative, just always seeking better options to make this team even better.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Is there any C's rumored to be available? Doesn't need to be a 1C. Just a middle 6 playmaker type that can handle the defensive side of the puck.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Is there any C's rumored to be available? Doesn't need to be a 1C. Just a middle 6 playmaker type that can handle the defensive side of the puck.

Duchene might be but would cost too much and we don't have the cap space for him currently.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I guess the problem is that if all we focussed on is the positives, we might just be like some of the local lapdog media types. Reporting or focussing only on the positives really doesn't do anybody justice.

I see these forums as a place to see where growth is possible & should be explored. We all recognize and frequently acknowledge how good of a team we have here. We have tons of talent, and most of us mention that fact very regularly. When we feel our talent is not being used properly, rightly or wrongly, this is the place to bounce those ideas off of other fans. Doesn't make us negative, just always seeking better options to make this team even better.

Good post. I also don't think this GOT has been negative. Lots of positivity and a good discussion on some aspects of the team and coaching that can still improve.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Duchene might be but would cost too much and we don't have the cap space for him currently.

I don't think Duchene is the right guy for the Jets--seems to be "trouble" wherever he goes.

I'd propose a "blockbuster trade"-- like Ehlers or Connor for Mathew Barzal !!!

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I hear Roslovic may be available. ;)

Hes just not ready for that much responsibility. He looks great on the offensive side of the puck for sure but he is still learning the reads of an NHL center against low end competition. I think he may get lost matching up to the Tavares, Malkin, Turris and Carters of the world that will be trying to hone in on him when he plays on the road.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018

Sounds like Copp. Who did great with Ehlers and Laine.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Myers has been so awful this year but Morrow has been worse IMO. No way that guy should be on this roster over Niku.
I see it the opposite. I think Myers has been really bad, and Morrow has been okay, considering that Myers is his partner.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Hes just not ready for that much responsibility. He looks great on the offensive side of the puck for sure but he is still learning the reads of an NHL center against low end competition. I think he may get lost matching up to the Tavares, Malkin, Turris and Carters of the world that will be trying to hone in on him when he plays on the road.
So we overpay to get a C who might not be as good in a year. I imagine you give Roslo the chance he rises to the challenge like Barzal did.

Reactions: GNP

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I see it the opposite. I think Myers has been really bad, and Morrow has been okay, considering that Myers is his partner.

At least Myers has some idea on who to cover. Morrow skates around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Daximus

Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
So we overpay to get a C who might not be as good in a year. I imagine you give Roslo the chance he rises to the challenge like Barzal did.

Barzal is a pretty damn good player, who creates a boat load of offence no matter what his playing time or who hes with. I'm not saying you pay anything you just have to check it out and see what's out there.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Barzal is a pretty damn good player, who creates a boat load of offence no matter what his playing time or who hes with. I'm not saying you pay anything you just have to check it out and see what's out there.
Yep and Roslo has been pretty great. His end to end rush against the Kings was a thing of beauty. He set Perrault up multiple times. Roslo didn't get much playing time but what he did he has been pretty great.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad