Patriots/NFL Farewell, Tom Brady - It's Official: TB12 to TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The other way you could look at it is that they went 11-5 with Cassel in 2008, and then he left and Brady went 10-6 in 2009.
He's not the only one who left. Seymour, Bruschi, Harrison and Vrabel also did as well. That had a "minor" impact on their 2009 season.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
They beat a playoff team with their 3rd string QB a couple years ago 27-0

everybody else said what I wanted to say in response to “context” BS about his 11-5 season. Yes people are honestly trying to say winning 11 games with Matt Cassel is unimpressive because the seeding system was f***ed up. All because they want to discredit Belichick. Capital P Pathetic

ITS MATT f***ING CASSEL

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
upload_2020-3-26_22-37-10.jpeg

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
They beat a playoff team with their 3rd string QB a couple years ago 27-0

everybody else said what I wanted to say in response to “context” BS about his 11-5 season. Yes people are honestly trying to say winning 11 games with Matt Cassel is unimpressive because the seeding system was f***ed up. All because they want to discredit Belichick. Capital P Pathetic

ITS MATT f***ING CASSEL

The amount of discrediting Belichick is surprising I’m this thread and ridiculous. And it’s peoples bias that are clouding a lot of their positions which is also crazy.

Reactions: CDJ and McGarnagle

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
The amount of discrediting Belichick is surprising I’m this thread and ridiculous. And it’s peoples bias that are clouding a lot of their positions which is also crazy.

Nah. The propping up of Stidhams preseason success and an 11-5 season 12 years ago with a stacked roster as evidence of great success just does sell with skeptics of this current roster. This isn't the 2008 team. Belichick didn’t want Brady to be his qb anymore. Its his choice to put his record and legacy up for debate bc before this move is was never really questioned by anyone locally. If he does well he’ll be praised but if he struggles you’ll see the steeler colts jets critics of the world question it along with local critics.

Last edited:
Reactions: LouJersey

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Desperate is trying to make any argument that belichick isn’t a great coach.

THATS desperate. And it’s sad. And it lacks in objectivity.

Who's making the argument..u just want to scream at everyone who doesnt agree with you as usual. Scream and insult away

Last edited:
Reactions: DueDiligence

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Well what argument are you trying to make when you repeatedly bitch and moan in this thread trying to discredit his accomplishments? That he’s one of the best? Hard to believe you’re saying that bud!

and again, it’s just tiresome. We get it. We don’t need you crying about every little thing in here because they didn’t keep your favorite player when everybody else is acting like an adult (when also losing probably their favorite player). Everything they did is because of Brady and Brady alone even though they’ve won 70% of the time without him since he was named starting QB. We get it.

We had arguably the two greatest individuals in their respective positions for 2 decades. There is no need to tear down one to prop up the other

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well what argument are you trying to make when you repeatedly bitch and moan in this thread trying to discredit his accomplishments? That he’s one of the best? Hard to believe you’re saying that bud!

and again, it’s just tiresome. We get it. We don’t need you crying about every little thing in here because they didn’t keep your favorite player when everybody else is acting like an adult (when also losing probably their favorite player)

Well you seem like you’re full of rage at 2am.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
This guy probably owns one of those cringeworthy Ray Bourque half-and-half jerseys, or swore off the Red Sox when they traded Nomar.

We root for the team, no matter what. The logo is more important than the name on the back of the jersey. Brady was a great Patriot and we appreciate everything for the last twenty years, but he didn't want to be a Patriot anymore, so f*** it. Get over it and move on, and if you don't get over it, then go to the Lightning board and join their Bucs thread, if they even have one with their 17 fans, or if they have internet in that backwater retirement home they call a city. There's no sense in poisoning the Patriots thread with this jilted lover bullshit because your favorite player didn't get a contract offer that would've destroyed our cap space and long-term roster management.

We have the best coach in the league, the best owner in sports, a great defense even with some of the FAs leaving, young talent on offense, and some room still to improve in the draft and free agency. New year, new challenges for this franchise, let's see what they can do. And who gives a shit about the rest of the league? Go Patriots.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
This guy probably owns one of those cringeworthy Ray Bourque half-and-half jerseys, or swore off the Red Sox when they traded Nomar.

We root for the team, no matter what. The logo is more important than the name on the back of the jersey. Brady was a great Patriot and we appreciate everything for the last twenty years, but he didn't want to be a Patriot anymore, so f*** it. Get over it and move on, and if you don't get over it, then go to the Lightning board and join their Bucs thread, if they even have one with their 17 fans, or if they have internet in that backwater retirement home they call a city. There's no sense in poisoning the Patriots thread with this jilted lover bullshit because your favorite player didn't get a contract offer that would've destroyed our cap space and long-term roster management.

We have the best coach in the league, the best owner in sports, a great defense even with some of the FAs leaving, young talent on offense, and some room still to improve in the draft and free agency. New year, new challenges for this franchise, let's see what they can do. And who gives a shit about the rest of the league? Go Patriots.

Lol hilarious youre saying Pats fans cant discuss Brady. You can post whatever you want I don’t care, If I didn’t want to read your posts I have the ignore poster option which I reccomend you use for me . Did you notice the topic of the thread is still Brady? Nobody is even discussing Brady but rather the 2008 team if you didn't notice before your rant. If you cant handle belichick taking criticism you clearly haven't watched Pats football for long. It’s also March and this is an active topic to discus, if you want to write 50 posts on what the uniforms look like have fun, you won’t get a complaint from me

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Brady was a great Patriot and we appreciate everything for the last twenty years, but he didn't want to be a Patriot anymore, so f*** it.

Curious what you guys think....if belichick retired back in January, does brady reach fa or does he sign an extension with the pats? Is it really that he didn't want to be a patriot or is it that he just didn't want to deal with bill any longer?

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Curious what you guys think....if belichick retired back in January, does brady reach fa or does he sign an extension with the pats? Is it really that he didn't want to be a patriot or is it that he just didn't want to deal with bill any longer?
I'm not sure.

They were the oldest team in the league last year, and I think they've started to trend down. If Brady had signed an extension, I'm not sure McCourty or Thuney would be on the roster. Personally, I think they would have struggled to hold off Buffalo and others this year even if they did manage to find a way to bring him back. If you think you've got something in Stidham, then isn't the smart play to bite the bullet in 2020, fix your cap issues, focus on bringing in younger players, and head into 2021 with a younger, more athletic roster and probably $90 million in cap space?

I think at this point, Brady wants to compete for a Super Bowl every year - and I don't blame him, because who knows how many more years he's got?

The more I think about it, the more I think it was just time for Brady to go. The team and the player are headed in two different directions at the moment.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It’s not longer here so it’s worth repeating-

Dismissing his 11-5 Matt Cassel season as unimpressive and discrediting him as a coach because the roster was so talented is a LOL funny argument. He built the f***ing roster :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm not sure.

They were the oldest team in the league last year, and I think they've started to trend down. If Brady had signed an extension, I'm not sure McCourty or Thuney would be on the roster. Personally, I think they would have struggled to hold off Buffalo and others this year even if they did manage to find a way to bring him back. If you think you've got something in Stidham, then isn't the smart play to bite the bullet in 2020, fix your cap issues, focus on bringing in younger players, and head into 2021 with a younger, more athletic roster and probably $90 million in cap space?

I think at this point, Brady wants to compete for a Super Bowl every year - and I don't blame him, because who knows how many more years he's got?

The more I think about it, the more I think it was just time for Brady to go. The team and the player are headed in two different directions at the moment.

I think we probably underestimate the possibility that Brady just thinks Tampa gives him a better chance to win a Super Bowl this year, or at least the best chance of the teams that were interested in him. I know that sounds kind of crazy, but I think Brady saw that the Patriots were getting old and trending down, and Tampa is a team that consistently killed itself with turnovers, and Brady has been better in that area than just about anybody. We'll see if he made the right decision.

I don't think that was the main reason he decided to leave, but I think it was certainly a part of it.

Reactions: Gator Mike and CDJ

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

We have no cap room.

If bringing him back AND upgrading the offense was an option it happens we won 12 games last year. But he didn't want to take a paycut and even if he did we still wouldn't have had enough cap space to give him the teammates he wanted. You can only kick the can so many times with regards to restructuring deals and pushing back cap hits.

Its 1 year too early but I think thats better than 1 year too late.

I want to be able to root for Brady in Tampa but the storylines are going to be so nauseating that it'll be hard. I think hes still better than noodle arm Brees. I am also SOOOOOO over old quarterbacks in general. All that crap about guys who never get hit defying time over and over again is maddening Vinateiri never gets hit either and he single handedly lost the Colts how many games and got Jacoby replaced with another old QB?

Reactions: CDJ

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
We have no cap room.

If bringing him back AND upgrading the offense was an option it happens we won 12 games last year. But he didn't want to take a paycut and even if he did we still wouldn't have had enough cap space to give him the teammates he wanted. You can only kick the can so many times with regards to restructuring deals and pushing back cap hits.

Its 1 year too early but I think thats better than 1 year too late.

I want to be able to root for Brady in Tampa but the storylines are going to be so nauseating that it'll be hard. I think hes still better than noodle arm Brees. I am also SOOOOOO over old quarterbacks in general. All that crap about guys who never get hit defying time over and over again is maddening Vinateiri never gets hit either and he single handedly lost the Colts how many games and got Jacoby replaced with another old QB?

A big part of the cap issues are because of brady leaving and counting $13 mil in dead money against the cap. They would've only needed to free up a few mil more to keep him and get him what he wanted. Signing thuney to a long-term deal or trading him does that easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad