Patriots/NFL Farewell, Tom Brady - It's Official: TB12 to TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
What started all this rift was Brady’s workout guru Alex (Yoko Ono) Guerrero
Brady wanted to him to be basically be part of the the staff and Belichick wanted his own trainers

No what started this rift was Brady falsely assumed 20 years of winning super bowls would have garnered him some credit and leeway. He was wrong.

Reactions: CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Well shit man, that's all you had to say. Gator Mike went back and watched like 60% of the throws he made in college and gave it a thumbs up. I'm all in now...:naughty:

Baker Mayfield had some nice throws in college but havent seen that translate to anything significant. I assume if you're drafted as an NFL qb you've made some nice throws along the way to be drafted

Reactions: LSCII

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Baker Mayfield had some nice throws in college but havent seen that translate to anything significant. I assume if you're drafted as an NFL qb you've made some nice throws along the way to be drafted
Every QB in the NFL was unproven at one point or another. You've got to start somewhere, right?

Until they prove it at the highest level, you can always say, "Yeah, he looked good in college throwing against defensive backs who are now accountants and dentists, but who knows how he'll do in the NFL?" Or, "Let's see him do it against starters rather than backups in the preseason."

Stidham's got a lot of arm talent... he played well last preseason... his teammates and coaches say he's done well in practice... his coaches say he's picked up the system quickly. When there's no longer anyone ahead of him on the depth chart, that's the kind of kid you give a shot to. My guess is that the coaching staff has a rough idea of how ready he is and where he is in his development in comparison to guys like Garoppolo and Brissett. And I think the fact that they felt comfortable enough with him to elevate him to #2 on the depth chart last year, and that they haven't run out and signed anyone to play ahead of him this year speaks volumes as to how they feel about him.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Every QB in the NFL was unproven at one point or another. You've got to start somewhere, right?

Until they prove it at the highest level, you can always say, "Yeah, he looked good in college throwing against defensive backs who are now accountants and dentists, but who knows how he'll do in the NFL?" Or, "Let's see him do it against starters rather than backups in the preseason."

Stidham's got a lot of arm talent... he played well last preseason... his teammates and coaches say he's done well in practice... his coaches say he's picked up the system quickly. When there's no longer anyone ahead of him on the depth chart, that's the kind of kid you give a shot to. My guess is that the coaching staff has a rough idea of how ready he is and where he is in his development in comparison to guys like Garoppolo and Brissett. And I think the fact that they felt comfortable enough with him to elevate him to #2 on the depth chart last year, and that they haven't run out and signed anyone to play ahead of him this year speaks volumes as to how they feel about him.

You know who else looked good in the preseason? Michael Bishop. Rohan Davey, Ryan Mallett, Hoyer during one of his runs here, and a slew of other JAGs that don't end up being shit in the league.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

maybe he'll be a decent placeholder but IMO they need to be searching for the next elite QB who can compete with Mahomes in a playoff game.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I believe a turnover or two helped evaporate that lead.

I also find it hard to criticize the defense going on the road and shutting the chiefs down for 3 quarters.

I love Tom and wish he was still here, but all the anti Belichick crap is ridiculous- he’s a massive part of this dynasty and thinking he just was ridding Brady’s coattails is nonsense.
You have to keep my post in context as I'm certainly not diminishing BB's coaching ability. I was just pointing out to another poster who suggested BB carried TB to his Superbowls. Both BB and TB were great and complimented each other for 20 years.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I believe a turnover or two helped evaporate that lead.

I also find it hard to criticize the defense going on the road and shutting the chiefs down for 3 quarters.

I love Tom and wish he was still here, but all the anti Belichick crap is ridiculous- he’s a massive part of this dynasty and thinking he just was ridding Brady’s coattails is nonsense.
delete

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
I can think of a lot of big plays over the years, to take credit away from those players and just give Tom all the credit is such a disservice.

he’s absolutely the goat, but he sure as shit didn’t do it by himself.
Who is taking credit away from other players??? When a great player like the Gronk retires or when David Andrews missed the season every knowledgeable fan hoped the team would overcome those huge losses. At the same time any Pats fan knows that Brady was the key player to all their success.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Who is taking credit away from other players??? When a great player like the Gronk retires or when David Andrews missed the season every knowledgeable fan hoped the team would overcome those huge losses. At the same time any Pats fan knows that Brady was the key player to all their success.

when fans just want to heap praise on Brady and discredit what role BB plays, by extension it’s not giving the other players credit IMO.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
You have to keep my post in context as I'm certainly not diminishing BB's coaching ability. I was just pointing out to another poster who suggested BB carried TB to his Superbowls. Both BB and TB were great and complimented each other for 20 years.

Belichick is responsible for all the playoff games we've played in the last 19 seasons but Brady is the one who needs to be credited with us NEVER getting our ass kicked in any of them. Lamar Jackson has already been pantsed 10x worse in his only playoff game than Brady ever was.

The timing was perfect to move on. I doubt he finishes his career here unless its due to injury. We just didn't let the world see a bad Brady season.

And fans need to check themselves. Do people realize that week 7/8 of this season we were collectively hoping for 19-0 while being super negative and hating saying 'this team kinda sucks.' Its preposterous really.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

Belichick is responsible for all the playoff games we've played in the last 19 seasons but Brady is the one who needs to be credited with us NEVER getting our ass kicked in any of them. Lamar Jackson has already been pantsed 10x worse in his only playoff game than Brady ever was in 50 of them.

The timing was perfect to move on. I doubt he finishes his career here unless its due to injury. We just didn't let the world see a bad Brady season.

And fans need to check themselves. Do people realize that week 7/8 of this season we were collectively hoping for 19-0 while being super negative and hating saying 'this team kinda sucks.' Its preposterous really.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
You know who else looked good in the preseason? Michael Bishop. Rohan Davey, Ryan Mallett, Hoyer during one of his runs here, and a slew of other JAGs that don't end up being shit in the league.

How dare you besmirch Michael Bishop's name! We'll always have that one Hail Mary in 2000.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

except they went 14-6 without him....

Huge part of winning 6 Super Bowls. Their most important player, without question. But they can be a good team without him. They’ve done it before.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
except they went 14-6 without him....

Huge part of winning 6 Super Bowls. Their most important player, without question. But they can be a good team without him. They’ve done it before.

why not include 5-13 record under Bledsoe before brady, Brady took over that 2001 team to go 14-3 as a starter winning his first superbowl

Last edited:

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
why not include 5-13 record under Bledsoe before brady

Because I’m saying that the weapons Brady would have had if he wasn’t hurt/suspended went 14-6 without him. I’m talking about our dynasty era, which is what is relevant here.

you want me to go back and include the 1992 team while I’m at it?

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Awful comparison Trubisky is clearly a poor QB on a top team and teams don’t stay good for long. By the time he moves on their window will be shut and it was wasted on Trubisky. We have huge cap issues and have to subtract. We are one of the very few NFL franchises not paying a QB 20 mil plus. Others include KC, Buffalo, Houston, Baltimore etc.

Chances are we did this a year too early and wanted one more year of TB12 but it would have been with a worse team around him. Stidham vs signing an overrated vet to stay in cap hell isnt a mistake at all.
So some of us don’t get, sarcasm.......noted.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Because I’m saying that the weapons Brady would have had if he wasn’t hurt/suspended went 14-6 without him. I’m talking about our dynasty era, which is what is relevant here.

Belichick years in Cleveland and early NE when he was without a franchise QB are still relevant when talking about his success without brady

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Belichick years in Cleveland and early NE when he was without a franchise QB are still relevant when talking about his success without brady.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Belichick years in Cleveland and early NE when he was without a franchise QB are still relevant when talking about his success without brady

I mean if you think he hasn’t grown as a coach in 30 years then sure

You can argue however you want against his 70% winning percentage without Brady since the dynasty started but you have an agenda against him and that’s ok.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I mean if you think he hasn’t grown as a coach in 30 years then sure

You can argue however you want against his 70% winning percentage without Brady since the dynasty started but you have an agenda against him and that’s ok.

all I asked you is why you didnt include the record with Bledsoe. If you don't think it's relevant that he didnt have much success before brady thats fine

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Something to consider with Cleveland: Belichick was doing a full rebuild for them. He went from 6-10 in his first year to 7-9 in his 2nd and 3rd years, and then jumped up to 11-5, making the playoffs, in his 4th season. Things went horribly in the last year largely due to the announcement that the team was moving.

I'm saying this because his time in Cleveland gets slammed a lot more than it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad