Patriots/NFL Farewell, Tom Brady - It's Official: TB12 to TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I don't even know why the discussion needs to happen.

Brady's great.

Belichick's great.

Put 'em together, and you get 20 years of dominance unlike anything the sport has ever seen.

It was coming to an end soon either way, and to be honest, it was probably time for the two parties to go their separate ways.

Best of luck, Tom.

Time to get to work building the next great Patriots team, Bill.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
zero playoff wins without Tom Brady. Works both ways, but Brady is 43, so it's up to Bill to show what a great genius he is.

well as a head coach BB had 1 playoff win against the Patriots when he was with Cleveland.

he also had some great defensive game plans as a DC for the giants as has the rings to prove it.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Basically the only argument the anti-belichick people could be making is that coaches don’t matter, otherwise they’re just morons for making the argument that he’s not a great coach.

and if the argument is that coaches don’t matter then that’s fair. Just spare me the “he can’t do anything without Brady” nonsense

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I don't even know why the discussion needs to happen.

Brady's great.

Belichick's great.

Put 'em together, and you get 20 years of dominance unlike anything the sport has ever seen.

It was coming to an end soon either way, and to be honest, it was probably time for the two parties to go their separate ways.

Best of luck, Tom.

Time to get to work building the next great Patriots team, Bill.

Nobody wanted this storyline but how Brady and belichick do apart next year will be discussed more than any other topic over the next year by every pundit

Reactions: rfournier103

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
zero playoff wins without Tom Brady. Works both ways, but Brady is 43, so it's up to Bill to show what a great genius he is.

He beat the Patriots without Brady in the playoffs. Tuck Rule game was BB's first playoff game as Pats coach.

I looked at our roster today and actually don't see much dead weight on the D. If the O Line bounces back and we beef up the TE spot and add another good WR we might be a lot better than people think.

Old quarterbacks are nauseating even going back to the 90s when it was Elway and Marino. I love Brady but hes not even content being a quarterback he has to promote his off field brand and hes clearly not going quietly when he retires buying a film studio. Take that shit to NYC Tom and Giselle. Back to football here in Foxboro. It was a great 20 year run and I'm glad we are moving on a year early rather than a year late considering how Pats haters are all eager to see us/TB12 suck.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Nobody wanted this storyline but how Brady and belichick do apart next year will be discussed more than any other topic over the next year by every pundit

We couldn't even lose the WC game and not be talked about throughout the playoffs. Lamar Jackson owes him for taking attention from his chokejob. Mahomes will be more popular than ever since hes not being shoved down peoples throats in the wake of that performance.

QBs are divas to begin with and get too much attention. TB12 has had 20 years of being a SB champ QB for the best team but its not enough he still craves more and more attention.

I'm glad that any Brady article I've seen from NBC Sports Boston or NESN has been blasted with our fans telling them to move to Tampa. The national media is going to be bad enough talking about him non stop noone wants to hear it from the local media and they should be heckled relentlessly anytime they cover the Bucs going forward.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Back to uniform talk, Zolak is teasing that we're going to see the 90s whites come back. He was really specific about it being the road white ones, so maybe this is like the time the Red Sox changed their roads to the old 80s ones while keeping the home ones the same.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Back to uniform talk, Zolak is teasing that we're going to see the 90s whites come back. He was really specific about it being the road white ones, so maybe this is like the time the Red Sox changed their roads to the old 80s ones while keeping the home ones the same.
I've seen multiple people claim the homes are going to be the navy color rush with the red and white striped shoulders they've used a few times.

Honestly I really like those, and have wanted them to change to them permanently.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
except they went 14-6 without him....

Huge part of winning 6 Super Bowls. Their most important player, without question. But they can be a good team without him. They’ve done it before.
Can we put that 14-6 record in context. They went 11-5 in 2008 1 year after going 16-0. Basically not having Brady that year cost them at least 3 wins and they didn't make the playoffs.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
The bitterness from the Brady bootlickers trying to declaim the entirety of Belichick's career and acting like the QB has singlehandedly carried otherwise perennial 5-11 teams to superbowls is infuriating.
You didn't like Brady and you are happy he is gone. Good for you.
Now can you cut out the gross exaggerations you keep making about the "pro" Brady statements. Name some posters who have said BB had little or no part of the team's success.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Can we put that 14-6 record in context. They went 11-5 in 2008 1 year after going 16-0. Basically not having Brady that year cost them at least 3 wins and they didn't make the playoffs.

You talk about how we need to put it in context and then criticize them for not making the playoffs in 2008 at 11-5?

Brady is better than Matt Cassell, understatement of the millennium. The key thing we're trying to say is that the system and the strength of the overall roster allowed them to pick up 11 wins from a QB as unimpressive as Cassell. And they only missed the playoffs because that happened to be the year the Dolphins started the wildcat crap and caught the league by surprise before opposing defenses figured it out the following year. and an 8-8 Chargers team made the playoffs that year when the Pats didn't.

Reactions: CDJ

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I had season tickets that year and I believe they had the best point differential in the NFL.

had they made the playoffs they could have run the table

One of my favorite teams in the run

Reactions: CDJ and McGarnagle

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I had season tickets that year and I believe they had the best point differential in the NFL.

had they made the playoffs they could have run the table

One of my favorite teams in the run
They were just hitting their peak in December too. They blew out the eventual NFC champion Cardinals in the snow in Foxboro that December.

I don't think they would've been favored over Pittsburgh, but I've always wondered what would've happened if they didn't get held out of the playoffs on a tiebreaker.

Favorite moment of that season was when Cassell hit Randy Moss on a diving toe-tapper catch in the back corner of the endzone on 4th down at the end of regulation against the Jets to tie it and send it to OT. Unfortunately the Jets won the toss and won in OT on a FG. If we pulled that win out though, they win the division. Oh well.

Reactions: CDJ and DKH

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The other way you could look at it is that they went 11-5 with Cassel in 2008, and then he left and Brady went 10-6 in 2009.

Reactions: CDJ

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
the 2008 team also had 2 x1000 yard receivers that set NFL records the year before, the offense on the current Pats team isn't at that level yet. Stidham will try an run the same offense they've always run but they need more playmakers to make it work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad