Patriots/NFL Farewell, Tom Brady - It's Official: TB12 to TB

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
All sorts of athletes have donated $$$ yet Brady has remained silent.

He just bought a movie studio he likely could have scooped up for pennies on the dollar if he waited a few months. Gyms aren’t great investments either right now.

But I think it’s important all these guys make some sort of symbolic gesture. Has Aaron Rodgers done anything if TB12 had left a trip to South America too long and not known to GTFO when this was dropping and barely made it out by minutes he would be ripped to pieces. Same as if he abandoned his family like Rodgers has.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Who gives a shit if athletes, celebs, etc. donate. And if they do, it's not on them to publicly tell you how much they did.
Agreed.

The charity shaming is getting out of control. It's nice of successful people to donate and help others, but it's not their responsibility to do so and not anyone's business if they choose not to. Just because JJ Watt wants to be the center of attention and give away his money doesn't mean that everyone else is obligated to do the same and is a greedy piece of crap if they don't. It's their money, they have the right to do with it what they want.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

BruinsFTW

Jun 26, 2007
Boston, MA
Agreed.

The charity shaming is getting out of control. It's nice of successful people to donate and help others, but it's not their responsibility to do so and not anyone's business if they choose not to. Just because JJ Watt wants to be the center of attention and give away his money doesn't mean that everyone else is obligated to do the same and is a greedy piece of crap if they don't. It's their money, they have the right to do with it what they want.

Yeah and plus I'd imagine hundreds donated and you'd never know because they're humble and don't feel the need to brag on social media for some clout from people they never even met. Never understood why people sweat celebrities so much. Let them live their life, don't worry about what they do with their money. If you can afford to donate even 5$ did you? If not then especially leave it be. If so, great, but also doesnt mean you should be focusing on how celebrities or anybody else spends their own.

Blanket statement here, not calling anyone out.

Reactions: OneManIsNoMan

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
I just remembered Josh Gordon breaking infinity tackles for our first touchdown of the season and was convinced he was getting 1200 yards and 10 touchdowns

hurts

Reactions: N o o d l e s

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I just remembered Josh Gordon breaking infinity tackles for our first touchdown of the season and was convinced he was getting 1200 yards and 10 touchdowns

hurts

Remember the 24 hours where we thought we were going to have Edelman, Gordon, AB, Demaryius Thomas, and N'Keal Harry as receivers last year and the offense would basically be unstoppable? Good times.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Remember the 24 hours where we thought we were going to have Edelman, Gordon, AB, Demaryius Thomas, and N'Keal Harry as receivers last year and the offense would basically be unstoppable? Good times.

Well people did want to keep Meyers and Gunner.

Both of whom might hold down big roles next year.

I’m an optimist about next years team but somehow don’t see Sanu or Jules doing any heavy lifting. I guess as things stand it’s those 2 Harry Meyers Gunner and Byrd. Maybe we probably use a late third on a WR if someone we like slips.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
Matt Miller just published his 7 round mock and it looks nice for the Pats.

1 - Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn. St.
3 - Adam Trautman TE Dayton
3 - Lynn Bowden WR Kentucky
3 - Troy Dye LB Oregon
4 - Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin
5 - Lavert Hill CB Michigan
6 - Willie Gay LB Miss. St.
6 - Rico Dowdle RB South Carolina
6 - Jack Driscoll OT Auburn
6 - Jake Luton QB Oregon St.
7 - Quez Watkins WR So. Miss.
7 - Malcolm Roach DL Texas

I know it's just a mock but it's all I have right now :cry:

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Decent effort.

Not sure Dye is a fit as the Patriots tend to like bigger LBs. Gay is more of a fit.

Don't see the need to use picks at CB or RB. Also think they'll go DT earlier, as well. Also think they'll draft a kicker.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Kessler got released so I do think they snag a QB at some point, probably a day 2 or day 3 situation though

Wouldn’t mind seeing them load up in the trenches and grind wins out like they did in the early dynasty before Brady was an offensive dynamo

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Matt Miller just published his 7 round mock and it looks nice for the Pats.

1 - Yetur Gross-Matos DE Penn. St.
3 - Adam Trautman TE Dayton
3 - Lynn Bowden WR Kentucky
3 - Troy Dye LB Oregon
4 - Tyler Biadasz IOL Wisconsin
5 - Lavert Hill CB Michigan
6 - Willie Gay LB Miss. St.
6 - Rico Dowdle RB South Carolina
6 - Jack Driscoll OT Auburn
6 - Jake Luton QB Oregon St.
7 - Quez Watkins WR So. Miss.
7 - Malcolm Roach DL Texas

I know it's just a mock but it's all I have right now :cry:

I like to focus less on the exact players, and more on the positions. I feel like the four picks on Days 1 & 2 should be DL, LB, S, WR, and TE, in some order. Then, the 4th & 5th round picks will be whichever of those they didn't take plus an OL. Then, they'll grab a QB and K in the 6th, and the remaining picks don't really matter, considering they'd be unlikely to make the team. At least that's what I would do.

The only positions they absolutely shouldn't be taking higher than the 6th round are RB and CB. They already didn't have space for them last year, when they had 2nd & 3rd rd picks who barely played. I didn't necessarily have a problem with the value, but you start to think about where they might be if they had taken A.J. Brown/Irv Smith and Dawson Knox.

In terms of the 1st round, I've started focusing on the following:
LB: Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, and Zack Baun
DL: A.J. Epenesa and Yetur Gross-Matos
S: Xavier McKinney and Grant Delpit

All have a good chance of being there at 23. I'd be down to go for a WR, but I can't see them go that route for the second year in a row.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
They’re gonna trade their 1st for 2 2nds or something

I'd love to make this deal with the Colts:

23, 98, & 100 for 34 & 44

I also like the idea of turning 23 & 98 or 100 into a lower 1st and low 2nd.

My sneaky favorite idea would be to punt on this year, trade your 1st for a 1st next year, then if Stidham struggles and you end up with a top 10 pick, that would give you ammo to trade up for a QB without having to use as much of your future.

I do believe that they're not going to end up picking 23rd, whether that means a trade up, trade down, or trade out.

Reactions: CDJ

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
::Pats first round pick turn comes up at the draft::

Fans: That high ceiling super athletic WR that we've been crazy about is on the board, I'm pumped and can't wait to see him in a Pats jersey
Goodell: "We have a trade to announce....the Patriots have traded the pick to Houston for two seconds rounders"

::second round pick comes up::

Fans: I can't believe it, somehow the WR we've been targeting is still there! I can't believe Bill pulled this off and got an extra second! Slam dunk pick right here!
Goodell: With the 40th pick in the 2020 NFL draft, the New England Patriots select....from Rutgers, safety..."

Fans: "Nooooooooo"

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
I signed up for the draft network premium so I can make trades when I do a mock. I forgot I was married yesterday. I have a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad