Fantasy Mock Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yeah great Dubois pick!

I think there was a shot to win in the latter half of the draft - but I could question some of the strategies executed, including my own!

I also think it's way too early - you might have a nice combo now, but if the rest of your roster is trash, I don't really care.

You're completely right, I have no clue what some of the people picking late were doing there were just some really questionable looks though maybe it works out later on

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Disagree. Yeah having McDavid is great but if I were to pick players that don't compliment him and I don't build my team properly, then the 31st pick can easily pass me. It's not a guarantee you'll do well at 1st (well it is with me but that's not the point :sarcasm: )
If the players are all equal in skill, then the best teams will correspond to people who had the best first round picks. There is a tier of roughly ten to twelve franchise players to draft, and then another sixty or so players. After the first seventy some players, there is a drop off in quality into next tier.

We have players then who have an array like this:
* Star #1C
* 1D
* Low-end 1C or star winger

Since I pick 23/40/85, I will have:
* Good #1C
* 1D

And one of the following three:
* a first-line winger who is not a star
* a defenceman who is arguably a #2
* a good #2C

If I'm to win, I have to considerably outperform in the later rounds.

Reactions: Nucker101

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
I originally had 14th pick and could have had a franchise player, but moving back in the draft is more challenging and therefore fun.

Plus I love stirring pots.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Just realized that 9 of my targets for this pick are still available and I'm 8 picks away

giphy.gif

Reactions: Panda Bear
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad