Fantasy Mock Redemption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
There's another pretty damn good defenseman available that I considered but the PP threat between Wheeler-Werenski-Pettersson is too much to pass up. One timer options from all three. Very happy with that one.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
There's another pretty damn good defenseman available that I considered but the PP threat between Wheeler-Werenski-Pettersson is too much to pass up. One timer options from all three. Very happy with that one.

Yeah, Karlsson was an extremely tough choice for me. Werenski, _____, and ______ were also on the table. Still some great D available.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
Might be a hot take, but it does worry me a little that Werenski gets so many offensive zone starts and doesn't tilt the ice his way as much as I'd like. I don't watch him a lot, and I don't doubt the offensive talent, I just wonder if he's ready to be a #1D

Totally willing to be proved wrong but that's what turned me off of him

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Might be a hot take, but it does worry me a little that Werenski gets so many offensive zone starts and doesn't tilt the ice his way as much as I'd like. I don't watch him a lot, and I don't doubt the offensive talent, I just wonder if he's ready to be a #1D

I mean, I have him at #107.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008

He plays a pretty mistake free game and puts up big numbers. I don't view him as a high end #1 or anything, but I think he's on the cusp. I don't think you need a legitimate #1, just a solid back end.

Reactions: hockeynorth

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
He plays a pretty mistake free game and puts up big numbers. I don't view him as a high end #1 or anything, but I think he's on the cusp. I don't think you need a legitimate #1, just a solid back end.
Good pick Joey, he's solid

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016

Thank you for picking Werenski passing him would have made me sad.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
oh boy I have just two guys high left on my list and 7 picks to go.

Ready for disappointment.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Hall / Karlsson is the key to my heart, ugh.

Yay.

to 2017, yeah

You always seem to think my players are outdated lol.

Karlsson had one down year, and he was still on pace for 60 points. He was better than Burns and Vlasic, for what its worth, on a struggling Sharks team.

He voted the #2 defensemen on HF at the start of this year. The recency bias here is insane.

And Hall is still performing at his career average. His Hart year was a fluke, but he's still a consistent 70 point scorer.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Hall with Bergeron is a good combo. I feel like the problem with Hall's game has always been that he's a bit all over the place and there's not much structure when he is on the ice. Bergeron would be a very good compliment to him to play his game a bit more. I was hoping someone took Karlsson before me because I wasn't sure if I wanted him or not. There's name value, but everyone knows he leaks scoring chances and the cap hit is tough. I had two D above him, including Werenski.

Llamamoto

Sep 5, 2018
Hall with Bergeron is a good combo. I feel like the problem with Hall's game has always been that he's a bit all over the place and there's not much structure when he is on the ice. Bergeron would be a very good compliment to him to play his game a bit more. I was hoping someone took Karlsson before me because I wasn't sure if I wanted him or not. There's name value, but everyone knows he leaks scoring chances and the cap hit is tough. I had two D above him, including Werenski.

The cap hit was definitely the issue for me. Luckily Bergeron + Hall combined is ~12 million, so I have a bit of wriggle room.

Although he's a lot better defensively than a lot of people give him credit for. His defensive lapses are very noticeable, but when he's on his game he's relatively solid. I think the key is finding a shutdown-type LHD who can let him play his game, sort of like a Bergeron to a Hall.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
If Karlsson is on his game--which hasn't happened in a while now due to a spate of injuries and, possibly, a shift in priorities with the birth of his child after what happened to him and his wife before--then he has fantastic stickwork. :)

Reactions: Nucker101
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad