Fantasy Mock Draft Voting (STL Champion)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Rude.

I actually have it as Metro as the definite weakest.

I think both Western Division are going to be a blood bath...very little seperation between EVERY team imo
The Metro might be weaker overall but in my opinion the two worst teams are in the Atlantic. Not going to name anyone.

Yeah, not thrilled to be in the Central.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Does anyone not rank their own team first? Kinda curious about that

Last game (I await your comments!) I ranked Chicago 1st in the Central and their own GM didn't do that.

I was a lot higher than even himself on the Makar, Heiskanen, Sergachev, Gavrikov, DeAngelo D core.

Reactions: hockeynorth

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Yeah looking it over I have the bottom-6 or 7 teams in the East probably.

Would not want to be in that Central especially...oof

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

I have way less parity in the East, clear top and bottom while west is mostly close

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017
:jets
Evander Kane - Nathan MacKinnon - Jakub Voracek
Tanner Pearson - Elias Lindholm - Ilya Mikheyev
Nick Ritchie - Roope Hintz - Nolan Patrick
Zemgus Girgensons - Brad Richardson - Chris Wagner

L1: High skill level, compliments each other well, used Avs top line model to support MacKinnon (Kane similar to Landeskog stylistically, Voracek similar to Rantanen stylistically)
L2: This is a skilled matchup line, all solid defensively, offensive skills and upside
L3: High end skilled 3rd line, tough to matchup against, well rounded
L4: Special team contributors, grinds down opposition, tough to play against

Ivan Provorov - Brent Burns
Ian Cole - Damon Severson
Patrik Nemeth - Sean Walker

D1: Well complimented elite top pair, Burns can utilize offensive skills, Provorov has ability to cover defensively, will tilt the ice in their favour, 25ish minutes
D2: Can handle tough usage, moves puck effectively, contributes in both ends of the ice, 20ish minutes
D3: An elite third pairing, can eat up 3rd pairing competition, moves puck well, 15ish minutes

Pekka Rinne
Cal Petersen

G1: Well complimented by the style of the roster, 15th in the league in 5v5 high danger save percentage this season, struggled on PK but has an elite PK to support him, was a high end option one year ago (he’s still 1st in HDSV% from 2018-2020)
G2: Young future starter, can push for starts now, can learn from veteran counterpart

Special Teams:
PP1:
MacKinnon, Lindholm, E.Kane, Voracek, Burns
PP2: Hintz, Pearson, Patrick, Provorov, Severson
PK1: Richardson, Mikheyev, Provorov, Nemeth
PK2: E. Lindholm, Girgensons, Cole, Burns
Vote Jets!!
:jets

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
A vote for the :nucks is a vote for freedom, democracy, consensual partying with the opposite sex and just generally being cool. I mean, people said you were cool when they invited you to this party. Are you cool or like, one of those posers?

Sick winger depth? Check.
A million centres? Check.
A fourth line that will hit you into the Shadow Realm? Check.
A defence with a bunch of Corsi gods? Check.
Goalies that have above a .910 save percentage? Check.
Al Pacino as a head coach? OH CHECK YA.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017

Last Draft
Everyone: "man the Metro is a bloodbath, so hard to rank"

This Draft
Everyone: "would not want to be in the Central.. everyone is really good"

My luck isn't great when picking my divisions is it? :huh:

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
:coyotes

A forward unit built around a strong two-way game. Top three lines are complimented with high volume shooters. The top line would see a heavy workload at EV and primary PP. Second line would be tasked with a shutdown role at EV. Pacioretty would see primary PP, Coyle would be the primary PK C. Both would average out at around 17-18 minutes a night, not far off from their current workload. Third line would give teams fits on the forecheck and all three provide solid depth scoring. And combined with Grant on the fourth line, they'd have one hell of a PK forward combo.

Ekblad runs the defense. One of the few true #1s in the game paired with a guy who has a long resume of being a workhorse shutdown D. Here Vlasic's job would be to keep things simple and for the most part just come along for the ride. Second pairing is the real life pair on the Island. Pulock is an emerging offensive talent with an absolute cannon on the PP, Pelech a steady top-four defensive D. And the heavily-sheltered bottom pair is the uber-physical Gudbranson complimented by the young puck-moving Jones.

Goaltending is a sturdy, yet unimpressive tandem of Koskinen and Bernier. The latter who put up respectable numbers this year on the league's worst team, stealing the starters role from their longtime go-to, Jimmy Howard. Koskinen had a solid bounceback year when faced with a reduced workload.

Overall I see a reasonably solid possession team with good primary scoring punch and depth capable of producing by committee. Special teams would be strong, particularly on the PK.

Last edited:

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
:sharks
Zucker-McDavid-Palmieri
Gaudreau-E. Staal-Armia
Jenner-Lowry-Ferland
McGinn-Paquette-Clutterbuck

L1: Best player in the game with two elite snipers on either side
L2: Gaudreau is one of the best playmakers in the game and he has a great sniper and a fantastic two-way threat with him
L3: Physical, defensive line that will wear down the opposition and match up against anyone
L4: Similar idea to line 3

Girard-Hjalmarsson
Heiskanen-Fabbro
Ferraro-Coburn

P1: Obvious shutdown pair. Great two way D with a pure shutdown guy
P2: Obviously Heiskanen has shown to be an elite D in this league and Fabbro while not as flashy of a name is still a top 4 D
P3: Ferraro was one of the best D on a loaded Sharks defense and has shown to play best with a D that is very similar to Coburn

Khudobin
Howard

1A/1B situation here. Khudobin has been one of the best back ups in the NHL for the last few years. Obviously Howard had a down year and is getting up there but he would have a better back line than he's had in a while and would not be starting as many games.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I will make your roster changes when I get a chance unless a mod can do before me.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Vote :flyers

Solid depth at center with Aho, Horvat, Zacha and Bellemare. Great scoring wingers in Huberdeau, Kessel and Drouin, a capable top 4 defense of Schmidt, Keith, Ristolainen and Gavrikov and a solid, young goaltending tandem of Saros and Merzlikins.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Since we are going line by line.

:wings

Filip Forsberg-Leon Draisaitl-Tom Wilson
Adrian Kempe-Christian Dvorak-Denis Gurianov
Drake Caggiula-Adam Henrique-Owen Tippett
Cody Eakin-Frederik Gauthier-Melker Karlsson

L1: Is Leon the Hart front runner? This is a big skilled line that can play against anyone, at both ends, and can play different styles. Draisaitl sets up on the half-wall, Forsberg sets up coming off the left circle and Wilson stands in front. They should mesh.
L2: This will be underrated but this line would wreak havoc on the forecheck. They are all good skaters and Dvorak plays a great 200 foot game.
L3: More of an o-zone starts line. Henrique as the playmaker, Tippett as the shooter and Caggiula cleaning up the garbage.
L4: Shut down line and PKers.

Dumoulin-Parayko
Hanifin-Braun
Nutivaara-Jokiharju

P1: Big shut down pair. Parayko with bombs from the point.
P2: Two guys with loads of experience that can compliment eachothers game. Hanifin is still young and has the tools to be an above average top 4 D.
P3: Team Finland. Jokiharju adds offense and PP touch and Nutivaara is a solid modern defender.

Korpisalo
McElhinney

Korpisalo would run with it but I wanted a backup capable of handling 30+ games. McElhinney did that last year very well.

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I think my votes will be ready to be cast once it begins.

For me, there was a lot of parity except in one division where the gaps seemed more prevalent.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
we can't start tmw? :(

all my spreadsheets and charts and shit

I'm at a roadside rest area

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad