Fantasy Mock Draft Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
I like Orlov and McAvoy a lot. Imo if you choose to wait on top 4 defense in these drafts, it's better to go with dmen who have a good defensive rep but are limited offensively instead of vice-versa.

People dock you less for having defensive dmen who don't put up points instead of offensive dmen who have a rep for being bad defensively. Especially if you have the offense up front to make up for the lack of offense from the back end.

Just my 2 cents
Yep, I've realized the same. This is my first mock draft this year so it's a learning curve.

I'm hoping for a specific defenseman or two to fall to my next pick that will allow me to bump Gardiner down to the 3rd pairing.

Reactions: Nucker101

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
You obviously need defenseman who can put up points from the backend, but someone who is just solid and reliable in their own end should always be valued higher. Tire fire defenseman need to be sheltered. Even a guy like Yandle is a good example of this. He's a 3rd pairing defenseman in Florida with PP minutes.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
Gourde's a great pick. He was snakebitten this year but he's still a good ~40ish point player.

He was the other player I was considering when I took Kassian.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
You obviously need defenseman who can put up points from the backend, but someone who is just solid and reliable in their own end should always be valued higher. Tire fire defenseman need to be sheltered. Even a guy like Yandle is a good example of this. He's a 3rd pairing defenseman in Florida with PP minutes.
yeah, but when you hold out to finish filling your top 4 defensemen and load up with forwards, you're not gonna get the best of both worlds. You'll be left with guys who are decent defensively and struggle to put up points or guys who can put up points but struggle defensively.

It makes more sense to lean toward the defensive guys for roster balance and less of a "that defense will get lit up" view from voters.

It's all subjective though.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Gourde's a great pick. He was snakebitten this year but he's still a good ~40ish point player.

He was the other player I was considering when I took Kassian.
Really solid pick, I had him on my radar if he somehow fell until the next round. I figured maybe his cap hit would allow him to fall lol

Reactions: Llamamoto49

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
just power through it.

Henrique pick may have screwed me too. I think theres time to recover.
Oh I'm still pretty happy with my team so far. There are definitely picks I would change with hindsight but I think I'll still have a top-10 team by the end of is.

Panda Bear

Apr 2, 2010
Yandle may be buttersoft, but he's underrated when it comes to breaking up plays PLUS if you pair him with someone who's great at pinning the puck against the boards, he's excellent at receiving kickpasses or scooping up the loose puck and passing it out with control

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I love picking Grub to be backup while there isn't enough starters to go around lol.
I now approve of it after picking Igor Shestersomething

I mainly made that pick since I realized that there's like 7 teams between my picks that still need a goalie.

Reactions: Joey Moss
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad