Fantasy Mock Draft Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
So there’s positive name value for being good at one point and negative value for having an ugly name. Damn

Reactions: Nucker101

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
I considered Johnson with one of my picks, but his production has fallen over the past few seasons. Went with Smith, who's more of a shooter and the better two way guy.

Johnson's a tweener to me. Not good enough to play a top 6 role on a legit team and not the ideal fit for most bottom 6 roles plus on top of that he's got a $5M cap hit.

Reactions: m0pe

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
I think Johnson is a solid pick at this point. His best days are likely behind him, but I wouldn’t be shocked to see him put up 45 points in the right situation

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Johnson's a tweener to me. Not good enough to play a top 6 role on a legit team and not the ideal fit for most bottom 6 roles plus on top of that he's got a $5M cap hit.
I think he probably is good enough to play a top 6 role it’s just hard to do in Tampa.

Reactions: hockeynorth

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Smith's underrated, this is going to sound ridiculous but I feel like his boring name is part of the reason why lol(along with not getting consistent top 6 minutes). He's a top end RW3 and a pretty decent RW2.

Whenever Nashville gives him consistent top 6 minutes, he's a lock for 20+ goals with solid 2-way play. But he seems to get bumped up and down between the 2nd and 3rd line for them.
Nashville's a weird team. They're loaded with talented guys. But their system with Lavi obviously wasn't maximizing their offensive potential.

They're a team I could see rebounding with minimal roster moves.

Reactions: Nucker101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Nashville's a weird team. They're loaded with talented guys. But their system with Lavi obviously wasn't maximizing their offensive potential.

Agreed. Another team that I think could take off with a coach like Gallant.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014

Lots of guys right in that prime age as well. They are a rival team so I hope they continue to suck, but a bounce back after a long layoff would not surprise me

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Lots of guys right in that prime age as well. They are a rival team so I hope they continue to suck, but a bounce back after a long layoff would not surprise me
Poile really dodged a bullet by unloading Subban when he did.

It's wild how Weber turns 35 in a few months and is a way better dman than Subban who just turned 31.

I never would've guessed it.

Reactions: AveryStar4Eva

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
I was debating between Andreas Johnsson and Martin Necas. (I even asked Averstar's opinion lol).

I was initially leaning towards Necas, but I decided my top-6 winger need outweighed my 3rd line center need.

(Now I'm finding out Necas can play the wing though)

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
So from the PM and this reply, the best player available is Lucic.

In case you need more assurance:

images

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad