Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Barkov with a 5A night. Crazy, dudes on fire at the right time.

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
Doesn’t seem like my year. Gotta have luck and Pasta out and now Voracek suspended? Johnny hockey and Monahan have been average lately...we’ll see, I guess.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Doesn’t seem like my year. Gotta have luck and Pasta out and now Voracek suspended? Johnny hockey and Monahan have been average lately...we’ll see, I guess.

We’re all banged up at this point. This is from the Sharks board on E. Kane:

Put together the Kane-gate timeline:
Boston Game 02/26
Not at practice 02/28
PDB says, “came up with something unexpected” 03/01
At wine sampling event 03/05
Kane practiced and skated extra and was reported as “possible” for tomorrow (vs. MTL) 03/06
DNP vs. Montreal 03/07
Not at practice or team picture 03/08
PDB says he wasn’t at pics for personal reasons and is DTD 03/09

What the hell is a middle body injury?

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Something torso related. Abdominal muscle, pectoral muscle?? Hip injury?

Probably hip I guess. Really sucks. I guess Chara did something to him. Was hoping 2 weeks would be enough recovery time.

Looks like he’s healthy but now dealing with a personal matter, out for now. Oh well, shit happens, hope he comes back later in the week.

Sharks board is hilarious with this stuff.

42A70294-8871-43D2-97C4-A6D5D92A8291.png

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
glad I checked in at lunch to see as usual the guy I play against has a ridiculous night with Gaudreau yet again torching me with 6 points...and his buddy Monahan getting in the fun..lol, can't make this shit up - they did the same exactly to me a few months ago..if you are in doubt of your player and you are going to play me, have faith the Good Lord will make sure they scorch the f***ing Earth against my team of heathens hahahaha.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Out of playoff teams are supposed to be locked, why are you pulling guys from the free agent pool?

and yeah was going to pick Strome only to see that - teams have to be locked.

No one is eliminated right now. There's a consolation bracket going too... Every team is playing right now. Next week, anyone who is eliminated will be locked. That's how it always works in Yahoo.

Go look at the settings. Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
No one is eliminated right now. There's a consolation bracket going too... Every team is playing right now. Next week, anyone who is eliminated will be locked. That's how it always works in Yahoo.

Go look at the settings. Lock Eliminated Teams: Yes.
thats not how it works - if you don't make the playoffs you are out - you don't get to pick up players fighting over who finishes 11th or 12th...that is why you even had a playoff set up...if not then you should have just done points overall.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
thats not how it works - if you don't make the playoffs you are out - you don't get to pick up players fighting over who finishes 11th or 12th...

That's how Yahoo works. The teams are locked if they're eliminated. The only "locked teams" setting there is in Yahoo is set to Yes. Yahoo wouldn't let me pick up players if my roster was locked. Until a team is eliminated, they're not locked. Do you think I used my commissioner privileges to add those guys or something? The only thing that may be is Yahoo is f***ed up? IDK. But it let me add them in the standard way.

It's kind of weird. I've always thought that when you were not in the playoffs your roster locked as soon as that happened. Maybe it's different because there are 8 teams in the POs and a consolation bracket? IDK.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
it is your league hoss, once you are out of the playoffs there is no point in making adds- the season is over just like in real life. I am going to lose regardless this week, but picking up players when you are in last place doesn't make sense does it?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
it is your league hoss, once you are out of the playoffs there is no point in making adds- the season is over just like in real life. I am going to lose regardless this week, but picking up players when you are in last place doesn't make sense does it?

Just because people don't pick them up sooner? I mean, we can talk etiquette, but I'm goofing around with the consolation bracket, and if it lets me pick up guys, then it lets me pick up guys. I think Yahoo functions this way because there are still things that can be determined by consolation bracket. And some leagues offer prizes to the winner of the consolation bracket, also. I'm in a football league where your final position determines draft order the next year, so it gives incentive to keep playing even when you're just in the consolation bracket.

And it's not playing for last place, it's playing for 7th and 8th, I believe, if I were to win this week, which factors into your final scores for Yahoo records, and Yahoo "Level" as well.(Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc.)

The point is, Yahoo is allowing it, so knowing that, you guys in the playoffs should be picking up guys earlier. The rosters are locked according to Yahoo's settings for the league, so if I'm able to pick guys up, it's either because the consolation bracket is still running, as are the regular playoffs, or Yahoo is f***ed up.(and I'm pretty sure Yahoo isn't f***ed up).

Playing spoiler is fun too. ;)

I mean... the Hawks may get eliminated from the playoffs at some point... but aren't they still going to try and f*** it up for other teams? If the Hawks had to win a game to keep say... St. Louis from making the playoffs, you can bet your ass that they're going to try and win to keep St. Louis out.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Just because people don't pick them up sooner? I mean, we can talk etiquette, but I'm goofing around with the consolation bracket, and if it lets me pick up guys, then it lets me pick up guys. I think Yahoo functions this way because there are still things that can be determined by consolation bracket. And some leagues offer prizes to the winner of the consolation bracket, also. I'm in a football league where your final position determines draft order the next year, so it gives incentive to keep playing even when you're just in the consolation bracket.

And it's not playing for last place, it's playing for 7th and 8th, I believe, if I were to win this week, which factors into your final scores for Yahoo records, and Yahoo "Level" as well.(Gold, Silver, Bronze, etc.)

The point is, Yahoo is allowing it, so knowing that, you guys in the playoffs should be picking up guys earlier. The rosters are locked according to Yahoo's settings for the league, so if I'm able to pick guys up, it's either because the consolation bracket is still running, as are the regular playoffs, or Yahoo is ****ed up.(and I'm pretty sure Yahoo isn't ****ed up).

Playing spoiler is fun too. ;)

I mean... the Hawks may get eliminated from the playoffs at some point... but aren't they still going to try and **** it up for other teams? If the Hawks had to win a game to keep say... St. Louis from making the playoffs, you can bet your ass that they're going to try and win to keep St. Louis out.
I disagree, when you miss the playoffs you are out, you had your chance to play spoiler and your team couldn't make it to that stage. others can chime in if they want, I said my piece on it- it is your league brother.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, with AD on this one. If you want to play spoiler, that’s a regular season thing. Ray stopped setting his lineup the last week to let Jim win and knock me out of a bye. It blew up in his face when I won my match and I gave him shit for it in the thread. That’s how it’s done.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Buncha complainers. :laugh:

Tried to lock rosters of those not in the money. Can't do it.

"In a cash league, you cannot lock a team from Trades, Add/Drop Players, or Roster Changes. Please contact Customer Care if you need to lock a team from one of these actions."

So it's setup how Yahoo allows it to be setup. Once you're eliminated, you get locked, but since there's a consolation bracket, no one is eliminated as of now. Next week, any team that lost this week, won't be allowed to make moves. At least AFAIK.

Went to move the players back to free agency, and you can't do it after the playoffs start. Doesn't allow me to edit the rosters. So I guess I just won't make any other moves, but if you wanted Strome or Keith for this week or next, you're SOL until tomorrow, when I drop them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad