Fantasy Hockey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
League will be up on Thursday. PM me for an invite. Please pay as soon as you sign up, if at all possible. Obviously willing to work with people on it a little bit, but the sooner the better.

Reactions: RayP

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I would like to play again but I would really like some sort of cap on games played. Without that there is really no point in drafting defenseman outside of the elite.

I don't see a cap setting for games played except for a "minimum played" for goalies... It doesn't look like there's a "games played" cap in this scoring style for forwards/D. I still don't quite understand what your issue is with this, honestly. And you seem to be the only one who has an issue with it. Why does drafting D outside the elite make no sense without a cap on games played? You're at a distinct disadvantage if you don't play the max amount of D every day, as it is 4 active roster slots every day... What do you see an issue with by not having a cap on games played for players?

And again, I don't even see a setting for it to change it in the scoring style we use/used last season.

Edit: Just looked, and max games played is only applicable in rotisserie and points leagues. Not in head to head leagues... This literally does not make any difference in head to head leagues, or there would be an option to change it in the settings for that type of league.

Last edited:

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
You’re better off having those D slots empty and having your team filled with forwards to maximize the forward slots on days with only a handful of games scheduled because D don’t put up numbers.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
You’re better off having those D slots empty and having your team filled with forwards to maximize the forward slots on days with only a handful of games scheduled because D don’t put up numbers.

You can do that with your bench roster space alone. You can do a lot of different things to try to win. I’d like my chances with an entire elite scoring D-core if everyone went after forwards. There are different ways to win.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ploppsdman

Don't stand for the Blackhawks. Stand for Kyle.
Feb 5, 2004
As mentioned before...what’s the purpose of a 30 point D when there are always 50 point forwards on waivers? I think I played 1 or 2 D for most of the playoffs...
I remember someone dropping their D specifically bc the forwards they picked up played 3-4 games that week so they had max forwards playing every single day. That is WAY more valuable than a 30 point D playing twice.

I think it also vastly reduces trades..I’m not sure there was a single trade last year.

If there is no option to cap games played..oh well...I guess I’ll play...but I feel something should be done. An in league requirement to have 4 D on your roster?

I’ll roll with whatever but I think some tweaks would be helpful.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
As mentioned before...what’s the purpose of a 30 point D when there are always 50 point forwards on waivers? I think I played 1 or 2 D for most of the playoffs...
I remember someone dropping their D specifically bc the forwards they picked up played 3-4 games that week so they had max forwards playing every single day. That is WAY more valuable than a 30 point D playing twice.

I think it also vastly reduces trades..I’m not sure there was a single trade last year.

If there is no option to cap games played..oh well...I guess I’ll play...but I feel something should be done. An in league requirement to have 4 D on your roster?

I’ll roll with whatever but I think some tweaks would be helpful.

Why don't we only start 2 D? I understand what you're getting at now and it makes sense.

I set positions to the following:

2c
2rw
2lw
2f
2d
2g
2ir
5bn

I believe.

Converting to cash league tomorrow and invites will go out.

Last edited:

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
League is active. Invites sent. Anyone interested PM me if you haven't already.

Draft time is just the default. We can discuss that in here.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
upload_2018-9-6_9-4-12.gif

PAID

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
I would but I'm a broke college student and $40 is out of my price range unfortunately lol. Also I would probably be the guy who doesnt keep track after a month into the season and spoils some of the fun for the other people.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I would but I'm a broke college student and $40 is out of my price range unfortunately lol. Also I would probably be the guy who doesnt keep track after a month into the season and spoils some of the fun for the other people.

Go give some plasma and join. If you win, that’s 100% profit and a free cookie.

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Go give some plasma and join. If you win, that’s 100% profit and a free cookie.
It's actually funny you say that because I dont work during the school year and need some type of income and my friends recommended donating plasma haha. Anyway, I'll most likely join in the next couple days, I have 2 checks coming so I just want to make sure the money situation is good.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It's actually funny you say that because I dont work during the school year and need some type of income and my friends recommended donating plasma haha. Anyway, I'll most likely join in the next couple days, I have 2 checks coming so I just want to make sure the money situation is good.

You're planning on getting in the league?

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Why don't we only start 2 D? I understand what you're getting at now and it makes sense.

I set positions to the following:

2c
2rw
2lw
2f
2d
2g
2ir
5bn

I believe.

Converting to cash league tomorrow and invites will go out.

My only suggestion would be maybe add one more D a lot.

But if I’m in the minority there then disregard that opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad