Fantasy Sports: Fantasy Hockey Talk

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Hey guys. Real new to fantasy hockey so I am unsure of the value here. League is real basic, non-keeper and no cap. I have two "superstars" In kovalchuk and Gaborik but I was offered Alfredsson, Kovalev, and Nathan Horton. Obiously Kovalchuk and Gaborik are incredible players but it is tough to judge how Kovalev will be. Any opinions would be helpful. I am leaning towards no since both Gaborik and Kovalchuk have the ability to rack some major points.

Yeah, that guy is trying to rip you off.

mader856

Jan 22, 2013
So we've worked the trade around a little. I would give up Kovalchuk and Bob for Quick and Horton. Should I go for it?

Renzor

Dec 4, 2008
Sorry for the ignorant question...but does Schenn get moved off of the first line RW spot when Brier returns? v From my limited viewings of Flyers games coach Lav doesn't seem like much of a frequent line juggler...do you figure Schenn is safe in that spot for awhile? Also, how will his PP time look with Briere back in the lineup?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Sorry for the ignorant question...but does Schenn get moved off of the first line RW spot when Brier returns? v From my limited viewings of Flyers games coach Lav doesn't seem like much of a frequent line juggler...do you figure Schenn is safe in that spot for awhile? Also, how will his PP time look with Briere back in the lineup?

Lavi will mix up the lines when the team is struggling, until something clicks. It's very possible Briere might take over RW on Giroux's line. Those two played together in Germany so maybe they'll actually have some chemistry.

It's really hard to predict right now, this team is currently incredibly borked. I know I have no concrete idea what the lines will look like once things have gelled.

BackToTheBrierePatch

Nope not today.
Feb 19, 2003
Concord, New Hampshire

nothing has really worked yet so far. I am actually more concerned with special teams then 5 on 5 right now. Thats where the Flyers are getting killed.
I think Flyer fans will want to know what happens to Laughton more then anyone else when Briere comes back. I personally think they should send him back if they are only going to play him a handfull of minutes a night when Briere comes back

Jacques Oeuf

Oct 11, 2007
CA
Does Rinaldo have a regular, everyday spot in the lineup when healthy? Or do you expect he'll often be a healthy scratch?

Thanks!

Devilsfan2326

Oct 4, 2011
Just saw Matt Read as a FA in my 20-team league :O

I see he hasn't produced lately but he had a spectacular contribution in his old-rookie season last year. How has he been skating? Wheels moving, blood flowing? What will be his general role and line mates on the team? Expectations? Just concerned about points and to a small degree penalties in this league.

Probably going to drop one (or two) of Frolik/Hamrlik/Neuvirth. Switching out BE players.

What's going on with this guy? Does he look good?

I also have Coburn (as well as Timonen) on my team. Thinking of moving Coburn to have more diverse a set of teams. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

gitchie

Dec 8, 2011
I'm hoping to pickup some PIMs this weekend and Philly plays both days. Should I pickup Shelley or Sestito? Who will play now that Knuble is signed?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

I see he hasn't produced lately but he had a spectacular contribution in his old-rookie season last year. How has he been skating? Wheels moving, blood flowing? What will be his general role and line mates on the team? Expectations? Just concerned about points and to a small degree penalties in this league.

Probably going to drop one (or two) of Frolik/Hamrlik/Neuvirth. Switching out BE players.

I also have Coburn (as well as Timonen) on my team. Thinking of moving Coburn to have more diverse a set of teams. Any thoughts?

I'd personally grab him. He'll heat up at some point. He's been visible, just hasn't gotten bounces yet.

thelos

Bunk
Jul 19, 2011

Read is on a line with Giroux now with Hartnell out. They played well together yesterday. Should be a good combo. Definitely better than those you mentioned.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Is McGinn capable of putting up any valuable fantasy numbers til Simmonds gets back? Or is there another Waiver Wire guy you think might be on the first PP unit? Thanx!

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Is McGinn capable of putting up any valuable fantasy numbers til Simmonds gets back? Or is there another Waiver Wire guy you think might be on the first PP unit? Thanx!

It appears McGinn will be playing with Briere and Giroux for the foreseeable future but as soon as we have a bad game the lines will probably get jumbled up again. So who knows? For now its a solid pickup. If Read is available he is as well.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Need some fantasy advice here...

Currently in the lead in my league. I have an abundance of guys who can be slotted into the center position (Giroux, Bergeron, Backstrom, Steen, and J. Staal) and only a couple real options at RW that don't also have a center position available for them (Pominville and Kessel). I currently have Kari Lehtonen on IR and I need to drop someone, but my team is so good (I know, pat myself on the back) I don't want to drop anyone. I want to package one of my better players and a Defender for another real good player on the RW. Who do you think I should deal out of these players (one forward and one defender):

FORWARDS:
Backstrom
Bergeron
Staal
Pominville

DEFENDERS:
Carle
J-Bo
Souray
Yandle
Pitkanen

I'm thinking my best bet is Pominville + a defender. I have no real target set for who the player I am trading for, just an upgrade on offense. I have no problem overpaying because I am going to be forced to drop someone when Lehtonen gets off IR. Thoughts?

I could also trade or drop one of my goalies (I have Lehtonen, Nabby, and Niemi), though I am loathe to do so.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Need some fantasy advice here...

Currently in the lead in my league. I have an abundance of guys who can be slotted into the center position (Giroux, Bergeron, Backstrom, Steen, and J. Staal) and only a couple real options at RW that don't also have a center position available for them (Pominville and Kessel). I currently have Kari Lehtonen on IR and I need to drop someone, but my team is so good (I know, pat myself on the back) I don't want to drop anyone. I want to package one of my better players and a Defender for another real good player on the RW. Who do you think I should deal out of these players (one forward and one defender):

FORWARDS:
Backstrom
Bergeron
Staal
Pominville

DEFENDERS:
Carle
J-Bo
Souray
Yandle
Pitkanen

I'm thinking my best bet is Pominville + a defender. I have no real target set for who the player I am trading for, just an upgrade on offense. I have no problem overpaying because I am going to be forced to drop someone when Lehtonen gets off IR. Thoughts?

I could also trade or drop one of my goalies (I have Lehtonen, Nabby, and Niemi), though I am loathe to do so.

Thanks for the responses, dicks. I dealt Pominville and Souray for OV. I figure maybe he'll rebound. Maybe not.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad