Fantasy GM Thread | The One Where We Inch Closer to the TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
Fantasy!

NJD trade for Hughes AND Boeser w/retention + 2024 3rd

For

Wood, Bahl, Mukhamadullin, Holtz, 2023 1st, 2025 1rst and Mercer.

Canucks then trade Horvat to Columbus

For

Jirieck, Sillinger/Johnsson and their 2025 1rst

Miller traded to Washington

For

Mantha and 2023 2nd rnd pick

Garland with retention to Minnesota

For

Greenway
That Columbus trade....just c'mon man.

I just want this over with so we can stop seeing bogus stuff like that.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Are you acquiring Johnsson for Abby? Right now the Devils don't even consider him NHL worthy. He's being paid $3.4Mil to play out his contract in Utica much like Vancouver did with Baertschi. He's been nearly a PPG in Utica with 7/16/23 in 27 GP. He's played a meager 2 games with NJ. If you want a player that will try his best, but still be NHL tank material he would be a good bet, but if you want him to fill an NHL gap for you, unh-uh.

Acquiring Johnsson with a pick so NJ has more room to make a bigger move. It’s all about the contract and not the player.

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Fantasy!

NJD trade for Hughes AND Boeser w/retention + 2024 3rd

For

Wood, Bahl, Mukhamadullin, Holtz, 2023 1st, 2025 1rst and Mercer.

Canucks then trade Horvat to Columbus

For

Jirieck, Sillinger/Johnsson and their 2025 1rst

Miller traded to Washington

For

Mantha and 2023 2nd rnd pick

Garland with retention to Minnesota

For

Greenway
Extremely unlikely
Jiricek or Johnson for Horvat would be pretty sick and the additional 1st is the high end of what we are gonna get. Doubtful it’s gonna be 3 of those
I’d dod Jiricek straight up

Reactions: theguardianII

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
I agree with @pitseleh that it’s unlikely there is a player with both high potential and low bust rate available. I’m am thinking someone like Wyatt Johnson in Dallas. Otherwise you are looking at a more average NHLer with lower potential, or a bluechip prospect (but probably not Shane Wright level) or mid to late first round pick.

To expand on the point, contending teams are not looking to trade already contributing players. Like, the net effect of upgrading from Johnson to Horvat just isn’t going to be anywhere as enticing as trading pure futures for a deadline pickup. You could target a worse player than Horvat and end with a better net effect by just trading futures, and you’d be better off in the long run. So it’s not surprising that the early 20 productive players, with potential, don’t get traded at the trade deadline.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
Take with a pinch of salt but krufrank on twitter is charging NJD & the Vancouver Canucks are talking trade

Right now its Holtz for Boeser w/ 30% retained. Hold up is the Vancouver Canucks want a pick for retention

Personally that sounds far fetched but who knows

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Take with a pinch of salt but krufrank on twitter is charging NJD & the Vancouver Canucks are talking trade

Right now its Holtz for Boeser w/ 30% retained. Hold up is the Vancouver Canucks want a pick for retention

Works for me. I’m not sure what type of pick we’d get, but any mid pick works. Saves us 4mil per year in cap space over the next two years, and we get a younger potential replacement.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria

The deal would be done if that were true I think. Dumping 4.65MM over 2 years of Boeser's deal and getting a legit prospect who stepped into the AHL last year and was a star player down there. Uhhh yup.

Reactions: Vector

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
The deal would be done if that were true I think. Dumping 4.65MM over 2 years of Boeser's deal and getting a legit prospect who stepped into the AHL last year and was a star player down there. Uhhh yup.
Agreed, plus Holtz was 5th or 6th overall fairly recently so hard to imagine NJD adding for retention

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010

I hate the new stupid checkmark system on Twitter. Nobody would have paid the slightest attention to this guy a few months ago.

Not a dig at you; I saw the same Tweet and paused for a second because the checkmark still instinctively gives stuff authenticity.

Reactions: Vector

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Extremely unlikely
Jiricek or Johnson for Horvat would be pretty sick and the additional 1st is the high end of what we are gonna get. Doubtful it’s gonna be 3 of those
I’d dod Jiricek straight up
With out a second thought. Jiricek is better than Luke Hughes his stats in the AHL are phenomenal. Plus he is RHD.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Slightly more credible than a random Twitter blue subscriber, here’s “Canucks and Islanders have made a trade” David Pagnotta:

I received information that trade discussions involving Horvat have picked up a fair amount. One source even suggested a move is expected sooner than later.

Carolina, Colorado, Seattle, Vegas, Boston, Dallas and the New York Rangers have all expressed interest in Horvat, and there have been others. The price tag remains high, but it sounds like progress is being made and my spidey senses are tingling.

Lots of talk and reports about the New Jersey Devils. Yeah, we’ve contributed to that – but for good reason. Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald wants to add a winger, that much is clear. He’s in the Timo Meier race, and there have been talks with the Canucks about Brock Boeser.

More Vancouver talk!! If the team can’t trade Conor Garland by the start of buyout window in the summer, I believe he’s one of the players management considers buying out, as Jim Rutherford suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad