Fantasy GM Thread | Off-Season has Begun Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmon

Jun 25, 2002
Visit site
Some say Mason Marchment's numbers are inflated because he played on a powerhouse.

One can argue the opposite, and say the fact he played behind offensive players like Barkov, Huberdeau etc that he got less opportunities to produce. ~ 14 mins a game
45 out of his 47 points all came on EV.

The main thing with Marchment is that he seems to have a hard time staying healthy - might be due to the fact he plays so aggressive/physical. But if he tones it down, then he becomes less effective.

Reactions: CanucksMJL

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
If Myers is traded (please be) then that means Miller is re-signed and the cheque book is open.

I’ve been saying this the whole offseason that’s the direction I would go. Trading Myers would have a minimal impact then losing 99 point Miller. I’d even argue OEL can carry another defencemen for cheap and have similar results to Myers.

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
If Myers is traded (please be) then that means Miller is re-signed and the cheque book is open.

I’ve been saying this the whole offseason that’s the direction I would go. Trading Myers would have a minimal impact then losing 99 point Miller. I’d even argue OEL can carry another defencemen for cheap and have similar results to Myers.

Signing a 30 year old for 6-8 years at $8M+ AAV would be a disaster for the Canucks right now.

Reactions: Cascadian Canadian

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

Id trade both. We need young good defensemen. Our fwd core atm without Miller is:

Podkolzin Pettersson Brock Boeser
Kuzmenko Horvat Garland
Hoglander Lammikko Pearson
Highmore Dickinson Lockwood

Altho crappy, like no way at all is Podkolzin a top line player and Kuzmenko is a total gamble, the d is much MUCH worse with no hope for the future:

Hughes Schenn
OEL Myers
Rathbone Poolman
Dermott

I think our forwards could tread or even accel if the d was fixed with an actual top 4 RHD for Hughes to play with. Not to mention getting out of the half decade albatoss contract of OEL, and the #8 production of Poolman and Dermott

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Trading Miller for youth/futures and moving Myers for a 2nd would restore a major amount of my faith in the franchise. Those are the moves that should be made. I'm skeptical because that would almost inevitably mean you're taking a step backward next year, and I'm not convinced they'll do that.

Tact

Jul 9, 2006
Signing a 30 year old for 6-8 years at $8M+ AAV would be a disaster for the Canucks right now.

Nope i would go 4-5 years max - preferably 4. I would up the $$. How much money do you think Miller wants on a 4-5 year deal?

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Given that Marchment's dad just passed away today unexpectedly, have to think he will take his time vs signing a deal on Day 1, and that he may go somewhere closer to his family (his dad was a scout for the Sharks) as a priority

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
What if it was 7.5 x 6 and the team traded Horvat for a similar package to what Miller would’ve gotten?
That's an interesting question. In a world where the alternative is Horvat is getting $7 million for 7 or 8 years instead, I think I take the Miller contract and trade Horvat. Miller is far enough ahead of Horvat that even with Horvat being a couple years younger it doesn't even things out given the difference in term.

Bettman Returnz

Why so serious?
Jul 28, 2003
BC
Visit site
Id trade both. We need young good defensemen. Our fwd core atm without Miller is:

Podkolzin Pettersson Brock Boeser
Kuzmenko Horvat Garland
Hoglander Lammikko Pearson
Highmore Dickinson Lockwood

Altho crappy, like no way at all is Podkolzin a top line player and Kuzmenko is a total gamble, the d is much MUCH worse with no hope for the future:

Hughes Schenn
OEL Myers
Rathbone Poolman
Dermott

I think our forwards could tread or even accel if the d was fixed with an actual top 4 RHD for Hughes to play with. Not to mention getting out of the half decade albatoss contract of OEL, and the #8 production of Poolman and Dermott
I’d most certainly have dermott in over poolman… that roster is worse than last year’s which is fine if we are retooling it and need another season to get rid of a few contracts. Also, assuming we get nothing of use from miller.

Reactions: M2Beezy

rypper

21-12-05 it's finally over.
Dec 22, 2006
Nope i would go 4-5 years max - preferably 4. I would up the $$. How much money do you think Miller wants on a 4-5 year deal?

Probably 10-12 million per.

If he's looking at 50-60m over 7 years, and he's doing the team a favor on term, he'll want to be compensated. This is his last big contract.

If he's UFA at 34/35 he's not getting big money. I don't think he signs anything less then max term though.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
More the hours tick by,,the chances of a Miller trade seem unlikely..

I'm not sure about that. I think it's more likely that a trade is announced on the draft floor than it is tonight.

Precious ratings!

It’s been confirmed in the past that there is literally a directive from the league to - if possible - not release trade info before the draft telecast in order to help ratings for their broadcast partners.

There are deals that are already done that teams are sitting on.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
So what do we think about something like this, assuming the rumors of the Rangers being the frontrunners and Kakko being the centerpiece are true?

Miller @ 50%

Kakko
Lundkvist
2023 1st
2022 2nd

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
So what do we think about something like this, assuming the rumors of the Rangers being the frontrunners and Kakko being the centerpiece are true?

Miller @ 50%

Kakko
Lundkvist
2023 1st
2022 2nd
I would legitimately think about holding into free agency and into the regular season if that’s the best offer out there.

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
Would do it if the 2023 1st is unprotected. I’d probably do just Kakko and the 1st as long as it’s unprotected.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Would do it if the 2023 1st is unprotected. I’d probably do just Kakko and the 1st as long as it’s unprotected.
there’s no world where they miss the playoffs with a top three goalie

Reactions: MS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad