Fantasy GM Thread | Miller Lite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
82.5 is roughly 20% more than 69. 20% more than 2.5m is $3m. Mike would be the equivalent of $4m at $69m cap.
It's like 5% of the cap vs 3.6% of the cap. 1.4% difference is fairly negligible, and again, I argue that Mikheyev is the better player than 2014 Hansen.

Would you rather have Mik at 5% of the cap or 2014 Hansen at 3.6% of the cap? I think some very smart posters here have made good arguments as to why spending a little extra on Mik with his current trajectory over 4 years is a good gamble.

You can make an argument that Mik is like 500-750k maximum "overpaid" as of right now. Then you have to factor in that Hansen re-signed via an extension with the team before hitting FA. Mik was on the open market (where guys worse than him got more money). Saying he's 1.5 mil overpaid is ridiculous.

Reactions: M2Beezy

CanucksMJL

Context apologist.
Jul 6, 2009
From what I've read Ivermectin can cause side effects if you take too much or if you take a version formulated for animals (which naturally are higher doses than what a human would take). It's unclear how that is different than any other medication.

There are 88 studies posted on clinicaltrials.gov in various states of their process. Only 11 have results available. I don't understand how that qualifies as "studied and discredited". Especially when there are supposedly 22 different countries using it as a sanctioned treatment. I also don't understand why it's anyone's business what an individual decides to do or not do for their own health.

Duodenum

Jul 7, 2008
East Vancouver
I'd hold off on a Miller trade for now if the best rumored deal is a 1st+Chytil+Lundqvist which doesn't really improve the team much or give much in terms of assets. Keep Miller and trade him during the season (regardless of the Canucks standings position) and try to improve upon the rumored deal, if possible. 30 year old player values have tanked.

1) Go with the team as is
2) Trade Miller during the season/trade deadline regardless of whether the Canucks are in the playoffs or not
3) Use the assets received in the Miller trade along with the available cap space to improve during the 2023 offseason. Canucks will have about $20 million in cap space to re-sign Bo Horvat, maybe Kuzmenko, and 3 defenseman. Caution should be applied here because:
4) In 2024, Myers, Pearson, and Dickinson will come off the books. Opening up 11+ million in cap space minus Pettersson's raise. Make last improvements needed to hopefully vault the team into contender status (wishful).

*Do not sign any rumored players like Klingberg, who's primary value derives from Hughes' current position. 2 way dman are key here along with shutdown dmen. Would like Gavrikov next year but highly doubt he makes it to UFA.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
You think Mikheyev is a 3 million dollar player in an 82mil cap (and rising) league?

Jannik Hansen got a 2.5 AAV contract when the cap was 69 mil. You're telling me that a pretty much equal (I'd argue actually better) player only deserves 600k more than Hansen when the cap has risen 13 mil?

He’s a productive 3rd line player and underproducing 2nd line player over a small sample size. Yes 3M or just over is what he should get. Pujulaarvi just signed for 3M on a 1 year deal. There’s 0 way Mikheyev is worth 4 years at 4.5 per. Literally look at the reactions on the main board about the signing. 90% say he’s overpaid.

I mean…it is. And has been. And several very smart posters have explained why they feel it is a fair deal.

Also, you already responded to their post. Just edit your post.

Nah, it really isn’t. Do a poll, see what the numbers come back at. You’ll see your answer. He’s overpaid plain and simple.

I'd hold off on a Miller trade for now if the best rumored deal is a 1st+Chytil+Lundqvist which doesn't really improve the team much or give much in terms of assets. Keep Miller and trade him during the season (regardless of the Canucks standings position) and try to improve upon the rumored deal, if possible. 30 year old player values have tanked.

1) Go with the team as is
2) Trade Miller during the season/trade deadline regardless of whether the Canucks are in the playoffs or not
3) Use the assets received in the Miller trade along with the available cap space to improve during the 2023 offseason. Canucks will have about $20 million in cap space to re-sign Bo Horvat, maybe Kuzmenko, and 3 defenseman. Caution should be applied here because:
4) In 2024, Myers, Pearson, and Dickinson will come off the books. Opening up 11+ million in cap space minus Pettersson's raise. Make last improvements needed to hopefully vault the team into contender status (wishful).

*Do not sign any rumored players like Klingberg, who's primary value derives from Hughes' current position. 2 way dman are key here along with shutdown dmen. Would like Gavrikov next year but highly doubt he makes it to UFA.

1) if the Canucks are 3-4 points above or below the playoff bar at the deadline, they can’t / won’t Trade him. Then he’s gone for nothing.

2) if he takes a puck of the ankle , dislocates a shoulder , breaks his hand, etc 10 games from the deadline, you’re getting 0 back.

He has to be signed or traded before training camp. Canucks over played their hand and now look.

CanuckleBerry

Benning Survivor
Sep 27, 2017
New Westminster
I'd hold off on a Miller trade for now if the best rumored deal is a 1st+Chytil+Lundqvist which doesn't really improve the team much or give much in terms of assets.
At this point with the market seemingly where it is, I would focus on getting maybe the one single best asset you could in a potential Miller/Horvat deal. If you can get a pretty blue chip RHD prospect/rookie, probably best to just do it. Rather than hold and hold and hold and just settle with a weak deadline deal where you get two or three underwhelming assets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad