Fantasy GM Thread | Allvin and the Chipmunks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
I love Stecher but I don't see the fit. That would leave us with two right side d-men who you can't have playing with Hughes full time in him and Myers, and you also wouldn't want him babysitting Rathbone on a third pair either.

Maybe if you're moving Myers and you want to buy a few cheap righties to replace him it works out, but otherwise I don't see it.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Ugh to Stecher. He's not better than Schenn or even Poolman. I'd rather see what Burroughs and the other slew of bottom pairing RSD that are already signed have to offer. The only thing Stecher brings over the guys already on the roster is sentimentality. That's not something to use a contract slot on.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Benning did almost everything wrong but he did pick up a good 6D in Stecher many years ago

Only problem now is we have 4 or 5 #6Ds and not enough top 4 dmen which Stecher really isnt...

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
What’s more of a disaster Lundkvist 1st(22-30)Chytil and out of playoffs and a lost season or playoffs?

While I understand the long term desires of the fanbase management still has to run a business in the next year and answer for it.

Im still in the headspace of pay up or fuxx off and hold that line. Why throw away a season and sewer your immediate success plus coaches and staff for 22/23 for desperation. If it’s not much better than free signings were laughing stocks. Miller is a premium asset and just 29 people are losing the plot.

Teams pay 1st rounders for rentals. That is how important a year can be. We need to stay patient and get at least 1 key piece

Losing Miller for nothing after a season of being a total distraction would be more of a disaster.

They didn't trade Miller last year when they were 6 points out of a playoff spot. What makes you think they would do it this year if they were grimly hanging on to 8th place?

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
With Miller, once the draft came and went, it was a pretty safe bet he wouldn't get moved until some dust settled on silly season. But I'd like to see something by the end of the weekend, preferably by Friday.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014

i just said for it to work(position wise) not saying its good. its basically edler stecher 2.0 :laugh::laugh:
Yeah and we dont want to brake up the elite OEL Myers shutdown pairing that easily secured us into a top 20 position last season

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Ugh to Stecher. He's not better than Schenn or even Poolman. I'd rather see what Burroughs and the other slew of bottom pairing RSD that are already signed have to offer. The only thing Stecher brings over the guys already on the roster is sentimentality. That's not something to use a contract slot on.

Troy Stecher is better than Burroughs and Poolman at literally every aspect of playing hockey, aside from maybe bodychecking people into the boards.

m9

m9
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2010
The Hamonic trade (which was amazing) is kind of an outlier to me on Allvin's record so far.

Haven't liked the handling of the Halak, Miller, or Boeser situations so far.

Feels like they waited too long on Motte.. but am glad they got something at least.

The league/team is flush with cheap depth defensemen right now so I haven't seen any indication that the trade for Dermott was needed. Having that extra 3rd last week would have been nice.

Still early here, but he needs a big week.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
A garbage return for Miller is better than a no return and watching him walk. I get it that you can't rush to accept a average offer but sure would suck to watch Miller walk next summer and we are left with nothing.

Alas hindsight is always 20/20.
This is absurd

A 99pt top 15 player on a 5.25 contract for crumbs??

this place has lost their minds.

I would absolutely rather ride his incredible positive value for 1 yr and playoff potential vs just eating a bag of shit for the fan base roster coaches and staff.

Not to mention the 5 million per home game even just 1 round could provide. I’m sure the boss is ok with that after this shit show for 10yrs

how this even enters the mind is sheer Stockholm syndrome

Have some patience the management team is not bending the knee that’s what losers do

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Troy Stecher is better than Burroughs and Poolman at literally every aspect of playing hockey, aside from maybe bodychecking people into the boards.
Have to agree...Stetcher has proven he can eat minutes in a variety of roles and not look out of place...I'd happily welcome him back...especially if it meant the end of, or at the very least, a lesser role for Myers.

DonnyNucker

Mar 28, 2017
This is absurd

I would absolutely rather ride his incredible positive value for 1 yr and playoff potential vs just eating a bag of shit for the fan base roster coaches and staff.

Not to mention the 5 million per home game even just 1 round could provide. I’m sure the boss is ok with that after this shit show for 10yrs

Have some patience the management team is not bending the knee that’s what losers do
The team doesn’t need the distraction. It will be a nightmare for all parties

i have no idea how the f*** people wouldn't want stecher back cheaply.

move off schenn if you have to.
Move Schenn for Stetcher. Insanity

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

Burke's Evil Spirit

Oct 29, 2002
San Francisco
This is absurd

If we were the Columbus Blue Jackets or Anaheim Ducks, maybe.

In this media market? It would be a gong show. You can't have it. It would be the Luongo/Schneider drama redux, and that was definitely a distraction in 2012-13.

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015

Stecher is better then the Pool man and certaintly Burroughs. Come on

but you are right the ship has sailed

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Losing Miller for nothing after a season of being a total distraction would be more of a disaster.

They didn't trade Miller last year when they were 6 points out of a playoff spot. What makes you think they would do it this year if they were grimly hanging on to 8th place?
That’s a long time away.

You have a firm grasp of the ebbs and flows of the market. With Kadri Giroux Malkin Trocheck Copp even. Nobody is gonna pay the price it’s the reality.

But once the pieces get diced up things completely change again. Just gonna have to wait and see. Deadline Giroux got 1st 3rd Tippett so even as a 1yr solution for say Carolina in a arms race they can abstract that NYR offer value. Agree it would have to be done before the deadline to rid the playoff let down narrative.

I wouldn’t blink for a second….Miller is one of the best assets in the NHL right now

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Ummmmm ok cool. So then trade him for future picks and prospects. Letting him play out the year and him walking for nothing is not acceptable because “we were in a playoff hunt”.
What a weird response. Just accept that you're bring a hypocrite trying to play both sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad