Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Yes i'm with @Breakers i just dont get the fascination with Marino directly for one of our stud scorers.

Would have to involve Hamonic if so and Kapanen...i dont think Pen fans would be happy about that trade off but at least then it would make sense for us.

For Pitt they probably want to get rid of Zucker and that 5.5 million for next year. I'm not touching that without them taking Dickinson or Poolman

Last edited:

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
Because its most likely
Despite all the rabble rabble around here lately..
Likely is really subjective.
There is, for instance, a parasite that crawls in through a fish's gills, eats the fish's tongue, and then replaces its tongue. That, I would say, is pretty dang unlikely.
So compared with that, Boeser taking only 6 million or so on his next contract feels pretty likely.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
So depressing that we’re potentially dealing with a team with one of the worst prospect bases, that was curated by our current management team.

Delocatedfan

Jun 1, 2021
What do we think of this deal:

Boeser, Hamonic to Pittsburgh

Marino + 1st + Kapanen / expiring cap dump

Canucks get cap flexibility & move Hamonic out. They add a young RHD on a decent contract & add an additional draft pick.

Pittsburgh gets the best player in the deal with Boeser who fits in nicely in their top 6 but needs to be re-signed and a serviceable top 4 dman in Hamonic

Reactions: Canadian Canuck
Feb 19, 2018
I’m all for Rumours, but I’m actually starting to get sick of it! At first it seems like they were holding everything in internally, now everyone is going everywhere. Out of the teams rumoured to be interested I think I like Pittsburg assets the least amount, give me more NYR, LA, NJ, Col. Marino is such a blah player to be moving good assets out for!

pitseleh

Jul 30, 2005
Vancouver
I agree with the defensive upside but at worst it would be what he was last season where he was not a 2nd pairing anchor?

I don’t feel confident saying he wasn’t. Only his expected goals really dipped and given it was only over 50 games and over his career his expected goals have tracked his Corsi/Fenwick/GF/PDO. If all we had was last season that would be a reason for concern but since he is rebounded this year it worries me less.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
I’m all for Rumours, but I’m actually starting to get sick of it! At first it seems like they were holding everything in internally, now everyone is going everywhere. Out of the teams rumoured to be interested I think I like Pittsburg assets the least amount, give me more NYR, LA, NJ, Col. Marino is such a blah player to be moving good assets out for!

I just want to know the direction we’re going. I’m concerned as f*** that they will keep and sign Miller, I could be wrong, but I feel that’s the wrong direction for this team. As much as I like Miller, I just want the rebuild, which I think is needed, to be done right. I’m sick of being sold a poorly constructed team to watch and having a management group that is gambling on a fantasy that if we make the playoffs anything can happen… we’ve been sold that for a long time, let’s create a contender and no more pretenders. This silly idea of, “just make the playoffs and anything can happen” is a sign of incompetent management, it easier to make a playoff team and sell a fantasy than creating a legit contender.

Feb 19, 2018
I just want to know the direction we’re going. I’m concerned as f*** that they will keep and sign Miller, I could be wrong, but I feel that’s the wrong direction for this team. As much as I like Miller, I just want the rebuild, which I think is needed, to be done right. I’m sick of being sold a poorly constructed team to watch and having a management group that is gambling on a fantasy that if we make the playoffs anything can happen… we’ve been sold that for a long time, let’s create a contender and no more pretenders. This silly idea of, “just make the playoffs and anything can happen” is a sign of incompetent management, it easier to make a playoff team and sell a fantasy than creating a legit contender.
I could see the Miller as a play to up the offers, teams might give us more if we say he isn’t going anywhere. The ONLY two big names that should be on the block are Miller and Boeser.

Aphid Attraction

Jan 17, 2013
JR averaged two trades a month, or so I was told, we just get talk about guys that won’t shift the needle

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
There will be no rebuild, they’ve repeated multiple times that Demko,Hughes and EP are untouchable
If they want to rebuild they wouldnt have said that

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
So depressing that we’re potentially dealing with a team with one of the worst prospect bases, that was curated by our current management team.
Lol what? They were contending for the cup year in year out, trading first round picks left and right, what do you expect.

iFan

May 5, 2013
Calgary
There will be no rebuild, they’ve repeated multiple times that Demko,Hughes and EP are untouchable
If they want to rebuild they wouldnt have said that

depends what a person thinks a retool or rebuild is. They said they want to get faster, that’s going to require more than a trade or two because of the team make up and cap issues. It’s said off the record they expect us to contend in 3 years, that seems somewhere in between a retooling and rebuild, I wouldn’t expect a retooling to take 3 years.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Lol what? They were contending for the cup year in year out, trading first round picks left and right, what do you expect.

I would expect better drafting than terrible…with or without first rounders. If you’re going to trade your high picks away, you’d better be able to find some late round gems.

So you’re saying you’re happy the Canucks are potentially dealing with the Pens over teams with decent prospect pools? Ok.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Loving the Marino for Boeser rumour/discussion. He’s the type we should be targeting.

I know people don’t like these charts but (from Jan 2021):
1647082252673.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad