Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dab

Apr 17, 2017
So far all we've heard are one year rental prices, which is just like the Aho offer sheet where the offer is a waste of time because there's no downside to keeping the asset at these terms.

There are incentives on our side to wait until next year. Next year we'll know for certain whether or not he'd re-sign with us, and we would have the ability to negotiate a trade+sign a la Stone. The only urgency to trade Miller is to secure a better offer than rental prices and if they aren't coming, there's no incentive.

That quote posted awhile ago about how Rutherford liked to do his deals ahead of the deadline with the pens makes me think this one is going to go down to the wire, because this time he's the seller.
Waiting until next year only for him to suffer a season ending injury would be the most perfect canucks moment.

canuckking1

Feb 8, 2015

not surprised by this at all. Unlike HF most of the league officials would base Boeser's body of work on the past 4 years and not this season.

I'd say 1+young roster player+mid tier asset. Probably a similar return to what Mantha got last year except for a worse player than Vrana.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
What a silly premise. Just look through who the western conference champions are in the past 10 years, Blues, Stars, VGK, Preds, Sharks, Blackhawsk, Kings and us. Half the teams don't have a 1C that meets your size criteria. Nevermind the fact that 9/10 past stanely cup winner don't have a #1C that meets your criteria.

2010 Blackhawks Toews
2011 Boston Bergeron
2012 Kings Kopitar
2016 Penguins Malkin
2018 Captials Backstrom
2019 Blues Orielly
2020 Lightning Point

those are all the different cup winners since 2010

Everyone on of those teams besides Tampa has there #1 C or a #1 C in pittsburgh case they have 2 and they are 6'01 or bigger and 200+ pounds. Excuse me for not getting the measuring stick out and measuring every players height. The main point was that Petey at 177 is 20+ pounds is smaller then all they players above by a significant margin and I see it being a problem when playoff hockey rolls around.

Edit here I'll even do the two teams in the final
Nsh Ryan Johansen 6'3 213
Dallas Pavelski doesnt fit
Vegas This one doesnt fit

Last edited:

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

not surprised by this at all. Unlike HF most of the league officials would base Boeser's body of work on the past 4 years and not this season.

I'd say 1+young roster player+mid tier asset. Probably a similar return to what Mantha got last year except for a worse player than Vrana.

Well, the Boeser that Rutherford and co. will be exposed to is the one who has put up 10 goals in 21 games while playing like shit.

So, the goals thing seems to be back on pace towards career averages even if he is a net negative on the ice.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
2010 Blackhawks Toews
2011 Boston Bergeron
2012 Kings Kopitar
2016 Penguins Malkin
2018 Captials Backstrom
2019 Blues Orielly
2020 Lightning Point

those are all the different cup winners since 2010

Everyone on of those teams besides Tampa has there #1 C or a #1 C in pittsburgh case they have 2 and they are 6'01 or bigger and 200+ pounds. Excuse me for not getting the measuring stick out and measuring every players height. The main point was that Petey at 177 is 20+ pounds is smaller then all they players above by a significant margin and I see it being a problem when playoff hockey rolls around.
Which 1C in this conference isnt Smaller then 6'2 200+ pounds

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015

Even then Kuz could have been considered #1 over Backstrom during there cup run that makes it 6/9 which is a majority. clearly there is a pattern here and it isnt having a C who is 180lb soaking wet

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
If Washington was looking at Miller I would be looking to get

Mcmicheal
2023 1st
Iorio
2022 3rd?

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Even then Kuz could have been considered #1 over Backstrom during there cup run that makes it 6/9 which is a majority. clearly there is a pattern here
So you are saying there is a clear pattern when you don’t count Sid as a #1C and leave out the Bruins?

its almost as if having 2 centers putting up PPG during a playoff run is more of a pattern than having a bigger 1C

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
So you are saying there is a clear pattern when you don’t count Sid as a #1C and leave out the Bruins?

This was addressed in the post. I went back and check Bergerons height and weight he was listed at for the 2010 olympics he was 6'2 194 for the 2010 olympics again damn close and still almost 20lb heavier then Petey.

Everyone 1C is at least 20+ pounds heavier then Petey who honestly doesnt even look like he weights 176 pounds.

Hansen

tyler motte simp
Oct 12, 2011
Nanaimo, B.C.
I think there's a hell of a lot of media posturing coming out of the big apple right now, if the reported offer is "Lundkvist, Chytil, 1st" or whatever that has to mean that the actual would be more than that and that's a lowball, as it is.

What is concerning is the leaks in Vancouver that the team likes some of these players, where is that coming from? Is Van media just making a story to collect clicks while the hockey world is looking? It's not conducive to maximizing value, and it makes me worry that the rumours from before that the team may not move Miller or may move Garland instead of Boeser were legit instead of posturing on our end. Would be very disappointing to get only a package like that for Miller--but I think that we're nearing critical mass for value on this deal, once it gets to a certain point you don't see more players or high picks added instead it becomes more of a hockey trade I think and then it becomes a higher profile player as a centrepiece

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
This was addressed in the post. I went back and check Bergerons height and weight he was listed at for the 2010 olympics he was 6'2 194 for the 2010 olympics again damn close and still almost 20lb heavier then Petey.

Everyone 1C is at least 20+ pounds heavier then Petey who honestly doesnt even look like he weights 176 pounds.
Seems like you're trying to fit the facts to your narrative? C'mon man, 1Cs are skilled players, no matter what size they are. You've found lots of examples yourself.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
Boeser / JTM are gone soon for draft picks. This is the epitome of 5-6 year rebuild. The team is going to be unwatchable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad