Speculation: Fantasy GM and Rumor Roundup Thread | "Trader Jim" gearing up for TDL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Well...Myers has, up until this season, been pretty craptastic...and even this year, while better than the previous, hasn't been worthy of a $6m contract...to be critical of Myers and his signing is completely fair IMO.
I thought he was pretty good in his initial season here (led all D-men at ES ice time, in all situations)...Terrible last season (was there a Canuck D man that wasn't..?)..Good this season.

From the second he was signed, he wasnt worth $6M...but as a top 4, 29 year old RHD , UFA..That was pretty close to the going rate.

Last edited:
Reactions: sting101

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I 've started noticing that in the last month..He looks tired..I also heard that he could be playing with a fractured toe.
I’m hoping he is playing hurt because his skating looks completely different than it did during his first month or so here.

Myers has done a decent job babysitting OEL lately

Reactions: geebaan

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
I thought he was pretty good in his initial season here (led all D-men at ES ice time, in all situations)...Terrible last season (was there a Canuck D man that wasn't..?)..Good this season.

From the second he was signed, he wasnt worth $6M...but as a 29 year old RHD , UFA..That was pretty close to the going rate.

For me, he hasn't really been "good" until he had a solid stretch between late November/early December then kind of faded back to the mean on that long January road trip. Maybe the break will give him a rest and get him back on track, but the natural skeptic in me thinks it was just a hot streak and we're due for more very average, chaotic play.

Reactions: geebaan

McDavid is too whiny

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It's a bit inaccurate to lump those two contracts together like they're similar.

Myers is a $12 million future cap commitment.
OEL is a $36 million furture cap commitment.

Myers is actually skating well and not really showing signs of decline. OEL is in a career freefall.

OEL's contract is basically untradeable.
Myers ... I could see a team being interested with $2 million retention, and I could definitely see a Buffalo/NJ/Ottawa type team being interested in the summer even at his full ticket.
I think I’m just saying one absolutely needs to go.

Reactions: geebaan and vanuck

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
That's what Arizona thought until Jim Benning came along.
So basically we need Jim Benning to get another GM job somewhere...

... or someone as dumb as him...

Edmonton-Oilers-General-Manager-Peter-Chiarelli-at-press-conference.jpg

LordBacon

CEO of sh*tposting
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2017
Hong Kong
I was expecting a lot of moves this last week but looks like they would like to wait it out just a little bit more.

Really curious to see what Allvin pulls off.

Gstank

Apr 27, 2015
Sounds a lot like Jay Beagle

Similar in terms or deployment but he is an above average skater and I think still has 25-30 point offensive upside

Boxes he checks
Can PK
Right handed
Great faceoff guy
in his early/mid twenties
has good size 6'2 190
Abover average skater
Is under utilized on his current team
Has cost control years left
Has untouched potential

At very least he is a 4C rn and I think he would be fine in a 3C role.

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
Apparently the Bruins were willing to trade for him too, so never say never.

Wonder if the Bruins would still take him considering they are desperate for a top-4 LD.

However they would probably want to send Coyle back in return who has a similar contract, which would be a no-no for us.

e/ Although that would plug our 3C hole.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Wonder if the Bruins would still take him considering they are desperate for a top-4 LD.

However they would probably want to send Coyle back in return who has a similar contract, which would be a no-no for us.

Pretty sure Bruins wanted OEL but only if they could just dump their overpaid players in return. All the rumours talked about how they weren’t close to a deal with Arizona so you’d assume they offered shit. I’m assuming Garland had to be involved in order for them to throw in anything of real trade value.

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site

Boston is one of the darkhorse teams that could really use a guy like Miller too. I don’t even know where to begin with trying to put together a Miller/OEL to Boston trade though. Would have to be OEL, Miller at 50% for Coyle, Reilly and picks/prospects?

Reactions: David Bruce Banner

JanBulisPiggyBack

Dec 31, 2011
Not sure how JR/PA (managepede) are gonna pull this off but I like the look of this

Necas Petey Boeser
Newhook Horvat Forberg
Garland Lafreniniere Hoglander
Podzolzin Motte Highmore

Hughes Schneider
Ty Smith Klingberg
Rathbone Jiricek

now everybody come at me !!!

Bojack Horvatman

IAMGROOT
Jun 15, 2016
Entirely fair point, but I would rather target a player with top 10 skill, than get a 3rd round pick for an expiring contract. Not only are they closer to being an impact player, the odds they’re an NHL player is generally greater. I would take Alex Nylander playing with Nils on our 3rd line for the rest of the year over Alex Chiasson, especially if we’re not going to be able to afford Mottes next contract anyways.

Even if it doesn’t work out, then all we lost is 20 games of Tyler Motte. That is a bet you need to be willing to make.

I would prefer to resign Motte as long as it's somewhere between 2-2.65. If we do trade him though it would be Tippett >3rd> Nylander. Nylander is a bust at this point.

I would anyone in Abbotsford or on waivers over Chiasson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad