Fantasy Baseball Thread V

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
Got the 4th pick in 10 manager league, just OF, INF, SP and RP. 60$ buy in with a bunch of people i know.

Categories hitters (tired and going off what I remember in our excel spread sheet)

R (1pt)
RBI (1)
HR (4)
H (1)
PO (1)
A (1)

Pitchers
K (1)
SV (2)
W (2)

Pitchers

Jake DeGrom
Jose Berrios
Jameso Taillon
Madison Bumgarner
Yusei Kikuchi
Josh Hader
Sean Doolittle
Ross Stripling

Hitters

Nolan Arenado
Cody Bellinger
Xander Bogaerts
Rafeal Devers
Yoan Moncada
Mitch Haniger
Michael Conforto
Fernando Tatis Jr
Ender Inciarte
Austin Meadows
Josh Bell
Ramon Laureano
Kike Hernandez
Dj LeMaiheu
Odubel Herrera
Adam Jones

How did I do?

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Would you drop Kang for Yandy Diaz? I don't know a ton about Diaz, and I think Kang will be the everyday-ish 3B in Pittsburgh, but in my points league, Diaz has put up solid numbers both weeks so far. My 3B isn't a great situation, and I might try trading a hitter to get a 3B soon (I have Polanco stashed on IR, and don't like to have an extra position player on my bench).

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Got the 4th pick in 10 manager league, just OF, INF, SP and RP. 60$ buy in with a bunch of people i know.

Categories hitters (tired and going off what I remember in our excel spread sheet)

R (1pt)
RBI (1)
HR (4)
H (1)
PO (1)
A (1)

Pitchers
K (1)
SV (2)
W (2)

Pitchers

Jake DeGrom
Jose Berrios
Jameso Taillon
Madison Bumgarner
Yusei Kikuchi
Josh Hader
Sean Doolittle
Ross Stripling

Hitters

Nolan Arenado
Cody Bellinger
Xander Bogaerts
Rafeal Devers
Yoan Moncada
Mitch Haniger
Michael Conforto
Fernando Tatis Jr
Ender Inciarte
Austin Meadows
Josh Bell
Ramon Laureano
Kike Hernandez
Dj LeMaiheu
Odubel Herrera
Adam Jones

How did I do?

PO = putout? If so, I would have loaded up on first basemen. I don't like it to be honest, especially for a 10 team league.

Would you drop Kang for Yandy Diaz? I don't know a ton about Diaz, and I think Kang will be the everyday-ish 3B in Pittsburgh, but in my points league, Diaz has put up solid numbers both weeks so far. My 3B isn't a great situation, and I might try trading a hitter to get a 3B soon (I have Polanco stashed on IR, and don't like to have an extra position player on my bench).

Yeah, I would depending on the price.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah, I would depending on the price.

I think right now, I'll add Diaz for a dollar on Tuesday (next FAAB) and drop Kang, and see how he continues. If he has a power breakout, he's probably going to be a solid contributor at 3B. If not, I'll wait for Polanco to come back and probably come back here with some hypothetical trade scenarios.

The trouble is, the player I'd probably want to move is Puig, who has been off to a bad start and I doubt has much value.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm not going to do it for this upcoming scoring period, but when do I start Peter Alonso over Edwin Encarnacion in a weekly lineup lock league? The Mariners play one more game than the Mets for this upcoming week, so I'm not doing it this week. But if Alonso keeps hitting, I have to make the switch eventually, right?

Straight points league (not roto and not H2H)

Club

Mar 2, 2015
Calgary
I'm not going to do it for this upcoming scoring period, but when do I start Peter Alonso over Edwin Encarnacion in a weekly lineup lock league? The Mariners play one more game than the Mets for this upcoming week, so I'm not doing it this week. But if Alonso keeps hitting, I have to make the switch eventually, right?

Straight points league (not roto and not H2H)
Edwin had a huge night tonight haha

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
That's what scares me. Edwin is so streaky that I could miss one of his huge weeks. But I'm glad that I have Alonso in case of an injury.

Yeah, I don't have good advice for this reason... Maybe just go with your gut for a week that's coming up? I think the thing is, if Alonso keeps hitting, the decision will make itself inevitable. Maybe have Alonso as insurance policy, and look to deal Edwin once you are confident in Alonso week to week?

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah, I don't have good advice for this reason... Maybe just go with your gut for a week that's coming up? I think the thing is, if Alonso keeps hitting, the decision will make itself inevitable. Maybe have Alonso as insurance policy, and look to deal Edwin once you are confident in Alonso week to week?

I'm thinking that since I live in New York, there might be a Mets homer that would be willing to give up a decent amount for Alonso. I don't know, though.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Yeah I'd say Smoak too.

I'm in a bit of a roster crunch, and would like to add Soroka, who is currently a free agent and might be a great long-term player, too. My worst pitchers are probably Fried, German, Paddack, and Richards, none of whom I really want to drop.

My plan was to drop Fried for him, but it seems like Fried will hold onto his spot for now. German is also going to keep his spot for the foreseeable future and has also been very good. It's a good problem to have, but I guess the only real solution is to monitor how Fried does, and maybe gamble on adding Soroka for him as soon as he falters a little bit. I don't know the Braves situation too well, but it seems like Soroka is more highly valued.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yeah I'd say Smoak too.

I'm in a bit of a roster crunch, and would like to add Soroka, who is currently a free agent and might be a great long-term player, too. My worst pitchers are probably Fried, German, Paddack, and Richards, none of whom I really want to drop.

My plan was to drop Fried for him, but it seems like Fried will hold onto his spot for now. German is also going to keep his spot for the foreseeable future and has also been very good. It's a good problem to have, but I guess the only real solution is to monitor how Fried does, and maybe gamble on adding Soroka for him as soon as he falters a little bit. I don't know the Braves situation too well, but it seems like Soroka is more highly valued.

I don't think Soroka will be as good for WAR based leagues as 5x5 leagues, as he probably won't get that many strikeouts.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
I don't think Soroka will be as good for WAR based leagues as 5x5 leagues, as he probably won't get that many strikeouts.

Thanks, good point – in any case, somebody snagged him today for $1, so I guess I'm back to rooting for Fried to continue his run.

DJ Spinoza

Aug 7, 2003
Could use a quick word of advice on pitcher starts. I'm winning my matchup 609-472 right now, which is approximately the difference of three extremely good pitcher starts. My opponent has three remaining: Newcomb, Anderson, and Lauer. I have one: Taillon.

I added Tyson Ross from FAAB, partially because I wanted to block my opponent from getting him. The Twins offense seems really good, so my inclination is that I should just drop Ross back into FA and stick with my original plan, but now that I have him, I'm tempting to throw him out there just in case he garners a few points.

The danger is if he gets negative points, it might make my matchup closer than comfortable. Right now it should be a fairly straightforward win, so I think I'm overthinking it. (Ross has no utility for me beyond today, because I have Kershaw coming off IL on Monday and have to clear the spot).

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Could use a quick word of advice on pitcher starts. I'm winning my matchup 609-472 right now, which is approximately the difference of three extremely good pitcher starts. My opponent has three remaining: Newcomb, Anderson, and Lauer. I have one: Taillon.

I added Tyson Ross from FAAB, partially because I wanted to block my opponent from getting him. The Twins offense seems really good, so my inclination is that I should just drop Ross back into FA and stick with my original plan, but now that I have him, I'm tempting to throw him out there just in case he garners a few points.

The danger is if he gets negative points, it might make my matchup closer than comfortable. Right now it should be a fairly straightforward win, so I think I'm overthinking it. (Ross has no utility for me beyond today, because I have Kershaw coming off IL on Monday and have to clear the spot).

I'd sit Ross and see how Newcomb does today (I know that the Tigers play an afternoon game today.). I think I'd sit Taillon either way, but I'd definitely wait to see how many points Newcomb gets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad