News Article: Fans elect John Scott as division captain for 2016 All-Star Game

Mossy

Oct 26, 2010
Calgary / Scottsdale
I missed that since I'm watching the Canadian feed. What happened?

I can honestly say I'm really happy for John. I did find it strange his family was wearing coyotes gear considering what this organization did to him.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I missed that since I'm watching the Canadian feed. What happened?

I can honestly say I'm really happy for John. I did find it strange his family was wearing coyotes gear considering what this organization did to him.

Roenick said he was highly critical of him being in the asg and that he realizes he was wrong, to which Scott replies "yeah it's not the first time you've been wrong, we'll just say that"

Mossy

Oct 26, 2010
Calgary / Scottsdale
Happy for him. I had a huge smile on my face watching the end. I bet he can parlay this into some analyst work down the road. He was really personable on Sportsnet yesterday.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
All of it.

Maloney did the right thing. The storied Coyotes franchise couldn't tolerate being associated with the mockery of the game we just saw. Scott's Coyotes' teammates were alienated by his actions and the Pacific division all-stars were clearly angry by the charade, since it took a roster spot from a more deserving player. The fans at Bridgestone were clearly laughing at him, not with him. Just look how ashamed Scott's daughters were of him, at the end of the night.

It was a disgrace to the game. Thank you Don Maloney for preventing us from being associated with this embarassment. It's not like your teams over the past 3 years have been a complete embarassment or anything.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Maloney did the right thing. The storied Coyotes franchise couldn't tolerate being associated with the mockery of the game we just saw. Scott's Coyotes' teammates were alienated by his actions and the Pacific division all-stars were clearly angry by the charade, since it took a roster spot from a more deserving player. Just look how ashamed Scott's daughters were of him, at the end of the night.

It was a disgrace to the game. Thank you Don Maloney for preventing us from being associated with this travesty.

You can't honestly think Maloney did this for any reasons other than personnel?

YandlesMother

Nov 21, 2013
Maloney did the right thing. The storied Coyotes franchise couldn't tolerate being associated with the mockery of the game we just saw. Scott's Coyotes' teammates were alienated by his actions and the Pacific division all-stars were clearly angry by the charade, since it took a roster spot from a more deserving player. Just look how ashamed Scott's daughters were of him, at the end of the night.

It was a disgrace to the game. Thank you Don Maloney for preventing us from being associated with this travesty.

Forget it friends, it's the Coyotes.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

What really bothers me is Scott forcing the other players to carry him around like an emperor. So much alienation. And to goad the crowd like that, how classless. Don't think his kids will be proud of him driving a Honda either. A genuine tragedy occured tonight. The sanctity of the hollowed grounds that are the NHL All Star Game were violated in the most terrible way possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad