Fans booing Schultz..

McArthur

May 26, 2010
Hockey Heart Land
To be fair to Peca it's because MacT was not playing him in his best role on the team and that was a third line checker. Just cause the guy got a couple 20+ goal seasons under his belt didn't mean he was some goal scoring dynamo. It took Peca to pretty much tell MacT that he wasn't being used in the role he was comfortable with and then they put him where he should have been all season and magic happened.

Interesting to note the part of your post I bolded is a dead on accurate description of MacT as a player.

Many years ago I know, but I thought Horcs was our 1C and Stoll was our 2C for most of that season. With Peca in the 3C role.

That was a decent team that needed solid goaltending but was good pretty much everywhere else. Roli pushed us over the top.

they were only giving up around 20 shots all season that season, and Peca was a defensive gem his whole career. That Stoll-Torres line was instant chemistry from their roadrunner season the year prior. it was a unique season, everyone trying to balance things out with the cap and we had Pronger in beast mode.

RNH reminds me of Michael Peca

As for Justin Schultz, after last season.... he should have been back on the farm the moment we sent Nurse down instead.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad