Fans booing Schultz..

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Is anyone else a little pissed off by fans booing Schultz? I understand he has not worked out here and everyone agrees that he needs to go.. but booing him? Pretty pathetic IMO.

McDeathbyCheerios*

He has deserved it. He was overpaid last year and took us to arbitration cause he wanted more then he rewards us by constantly being the main reason for 1-3 goals against a game. Guy deserves the boos

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Is anyone else a little pissed off by fans booing Schultz? I understand he has not worked out here and everyone agrees that he needs to go.. but booing him? Pretty pathetic IMO.

Pathetic? He's a pos making millions of dollars!! Screw him, plays with no heart! We have every right to boo...imo

Shathar

Jul 23, 2009
Moncton, New Brunswi

Well, it certainly isn't going to help him. Or the team. Or anyone. I guess everyone is different, but I don't think being booed would improve my performance.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He has deserved it. He was overpaid last year and took us to arbitration cause he wanted more then he rewards us by constantly being the main reason for 1-3 goals against a game. Guy deserves the boos

The Oilers took Schultz to arbitration.

If you're going to rip a player, at least get your facts straight.

Nunymare

/ˈnʌnimɛr/
Sep 14, 2008
YEG
Pathetic? He's a pos making millions of dollars!! Screw him, plays with no heart! We have every right to boo...imo

Not to say his play doesn't deserve it. But he's still a human being regardless of how much money he makes or whatever. He's probably as frustrated with himself as we are with him.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
they are booing the oilers

No. They're booing Schultz. Every time he touches the puck.

It's a bit much. The dude is a bad hockey player, playing with zero confidence, but this kind of targeting of a player just looks bad on the fans imo.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
As bad as he is, the fans didn't start booing until he completely gave up on the last goal.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Does anyone have video of this? I want to watch it over and over again

spot

Aug 26, 2007
Not to say his play doesn't deserve it. But he's still a human being regardless of how much money he makes or whatever. He's probably as frustrated with himself as we are with him.

See, I really don't get this way of thinking. "He is probably not happy with his play"? Then do some thing about it!!!! He skates around like he doesn't even have a pulse. It's like saying my doctor is a human being and probably feels bad that he forgot to stitch me up after surgery, but I'll still collect my millions, make the same mistake over and over and face no consequences.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
See, I really don't get this way of thinking. "He is probably not happy with his play"? Then do some thing about it!!!! He skates around like he doesn't even have a pulse. It's like saying my doctor is a human being and probably feels bad that he forgot to stitch me up after surgery, but I'll still collect my millions, make the same mistake over and over and face no consequences.

You're right but he's far from the only passenger on this team. Almost everyone on the team didn't bother to show up.

spot

Aug 26, 2007
You're right but he's far from the only passenger on this team. Almost everyone on the team didn't bother to show up.

I agree, but he is the guilty one far to often. At least Yakupov and Draisaitl are hitting people and mixing it up a bit this game. Show that you care!

snag

Feb 22, 2014
He is a professional. He makes millions. He plays with no heart. He is pretty much set for life if he doesn't do anything stupid.

I am a professional. I make thousands. I take pride in what I do. I wake up every morning and go to work like I do everyday because if I don't my life will turn into a country song.

Got no sympathies for him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
yeah that is classless and not the way to treat your team. If we just boo out players that aren't working out we will never have a good team here. As if the team doesn't have enough stress on itself already.

There's no purpose to it too. Schultz is not going to even be here long term. He was very likely to be traded in the next few days, and this doesn't help that at all. It's also obvious that Chiarelli will make big changes regardless so he doesn't need anything communicated to him to improve the team.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I agree, but he is the guilty one far to often. At least Yakupov and Draisaitl are hitting people and mixing it up a bit this game. Show that you care!

Both of them have been pretty crap tonight too.

Most fans have made up their mind of the guy. He does deserve criticism but really, complete team failure tonight from the net out.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't have any sympathy for him. Pretty sure he's a nice guy off the ice, but play as poor as he has on the ice would have every fan of all nhl teams booing him.

McDeathbyCheerios*

He made a major mistake on every goal against tonight.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
This is pathetic. Reinforces every ugly stereotype about Oilers fans.

Maybe in the new building we stop expecting our prospects to all turn into all-stars and stop turning on them when they don't.

I'm pretty fed up with this fanbase. Bunch of whiners. When we didn't make the playoffs between the last Messier year and the first Weight/Smyth year we didn't carry on like this.

Yes, Oilers need to look in the mirror, but Oilers fans do too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad