Fan Patience and Rebuilding

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
talking about "the 18 wheeler" is jinxing them, you should be here talking and enjoying the winning streak, not all saying "ok, let's start a pool on when the 18 wheeler happens". It has happened a lot, but there is no need to dwell on it and almost look forward to when it happens. Enjoy when they're winning and post as often on the positive as the negative when they're losing. Why are there NO comments during the hot streak and an 18 wheeler truck load when they're losing?

Because we know the team isn't very good and we keep a lid on it through hot streaks. If we didn't you can bet your ass when reality strikes and the team plays as expected (poorly), some will jump all over the poster who wrote good things by saying something like.... Oh you said we were great last week so now we suck? Who cares what you say.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
A complete rebuild doesn't have to be the way to go, but its the most ideal in our situation. Unfortunately, I doubt management sees it that way.

If we are going to cut corners like in the Burke era, which I'm afraid will happen again, we have to make smart trades. Our pro scouts have to be completely sure on the player we are getting back. If they are looking for players from the 22-25 age whih has been reported, then they better be looking for impact players or almost impact players at that age, I dont want any Carter Ashton's, Luca Caputi's and Matt Frattin type players. I want impact players. If we can't get them which might be the case, then we need to stock up on picks and build through the draft. Picking up players that have been rejected by their own franchise throws up a question mark right away, but if that's what they are going for then Mark Hunter better be damn good at his job.

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
Fan patience?
How about management patience?

No Toronto Maple Leafs management team in the last decade since the salary cap was introduced has shown any inkling of having enough patience to go through a rebuild.

A REAL rebuild is exactly what this team needs IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad