GDT: Fall Free Agent Frenzy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
We don't have many good forwards (particularly RH shots and playmakers, both of which describe Reinhart), and adding them has been hard. Is Reinhart irreplaceable? No. Will this organization actually be able to replace him? Probably also no. Throwing away talent is not a smart move for the Sabres.

If being able to adequately sign players to compensate for loss is the standard then this franchise can’t even afford to let its JAGs go

bad teams shed talent when they can’t afford to, sure. But they also hold onto acceptable players and treat them like they’re greater than they are. Neither is worth aspiring toward

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
With Hall, Eichel, Skinner, and VO in the top 6, I don't see the fit. Plus, I don't see it working within the cap as he likely wants $6M+ on a one year deal.
Considering our third line doesn't exist.. having a goal scoring option on it would be nice and he could help on PP2. If he asks for 6 million he can piss off, I'm talking a bargain contract

Havok89

Oct 26, 2010
Considering our third line doesn't exist.. having a goal scoring option on it would be nice and he could help on PP2. If he asks for 6 million he can piss off, I'm talking a bargain contract

After re-signing our RFA’s and hopefully upgrading Hutton to someone like Raanta, were right up to the salary cap.

We need to find a taker for Miller, ideally for a LHD on an expiring contract. Need to have as much flexibility for Dahlin, Joki, and hopefully Hall next season.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

What makes you think he's signing in Buffalo on a bargain contract?

Hall certainly didn't take a discount and he has a great relationship with Krueger and was told he would get to play with Eichel.

And he certainly isn't taking less to sign a one year deal to play on a lower line and on PP2.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
What makes you think he's signing in Buffalo on a bargain contract?

Hall certainly didn't take a discount and he has a great relationship with Krueger and was told he would get to play with Eichel.

And he certainly isn't taking less to sign a one year deal to play on a lower line and on PP2.
Not saying he would sign here but if teams we offering Hall a max of 5 million, Hoffman at high 3's or low 4's isnt crazy. There are only a few teams who could afford that cap hit and most are bottom feeders

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Not saying he would sign here but if teams we offering Hall a max of 5 million, Hoffman at high 3's or low 4's isnt crazy. There are only a few teams who could afford that cap hit and most are bottom feeders

Other teams were offering Hall $5-6M on a one year deal and the Sabres had to offer $8M to get him to sign here.

So, following that logic, for the Sabres to get Hoffman on a one year deal, $5.5-6.5M is likely what they would have to give him.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
After re-signing our RFA’s and hopefully upgrading Hutton to someone like Raanta, were right up to the salary cap.

We need to find a taker for Miller, ideally for a LHD on an expiring contract. Need to have as much flexibility for Dahlin, Joki, and hopefully Hall next season.

I'm guessing they've already tried and failed to move Miller. Anyone making $3M or above is basically unmovable right now unless you find a perfect one-for-one trade partner. But looking around at who needs RHD...I don't see any potential trade partners.

Looks like we might be stuck with our crap defense for yet another season because of Botterill's insane collection of moves.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah, it will not be easy for us to move one of our RDs. If we can get at least the third round for Montour or Miller, it will already be a success, or we will have to play one of them on the left side, which will be worse.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Yeah, it will not be easy for us to move one of our RDs. If we can get at least the third round for Montour or Miller, it will already be a success, or we will have to play one of them on the left side, which will be worse.

I think we'd be the one paying a 3rd rounder to get someone to take these guys. They have negative value, considering their salary.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
I'm guessing they've already tried and failed to move Miller. Anyone making $3M or above is basically unmovable right now unless you find a perfect one-for-one trade partner. But looking around at who needs RHD...I don't see any potential trade partners.

Looks like we might be stuck with our crap defense for yet another season because of Botterill's insane collection of moves.
The season is more than 2 months away. There will be more changes. I wouldn't rule out a player like Miller being waived when they have to get down to the roster limit. It's going to happen all over the league just like with players not being qualified. It's going to be waiver frenzy.

Reactions: brian_griffin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad