GDT: Fall Free Agent Frenzy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
There are still some legitimate talents available. Someone like Josh Leivo, Mirco Mueller (LHD), Dominick Simon. I will admit the two biggest needs LHD and goaltending isn't available. Trades are likely the best suit there.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Here is what CapFriendly said the bonuses were for each of his past two one year deals with Boston:

I'll have to go back and look at the CBA again, I don't recall any of those being schedule A or B allowed bonuses. Perhaps I missed a different section.

Paxon

202* Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Risto with Dahlin is a no-go from my POV unless Dahlin hits an extremely high level this year and can carry around Risto. Hedman did it with Bogo this year, so anything is possible, but I'd much rather look for another option.
I don't know about an extremely high level but we probably don't go anywhere, barring other moves on D, unless Dahlin takes a big step, which he frankly should.

Reactions: Dirty Dog

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Andy Greene is a good friend of Hall's. Mentioned him on The Instigators.

With how much Kreuger is putting into locker room culture, could be a cheap nice depth piece.
Well, for the depth, we have already taken Irwin and Davidsson. I don't know if Andy Greene is still good, maybe he could pair up with Risto.

Butt Ox

Oct 24, 2006
Luddite Island
Personally, I hope he goes to Vegas. Joe Thornton, has been nothing but a consummate professional and deserves a chance to hoist the cup. A deal to Tampa would be incredible for him.
Sat through many years of Thorny punching Sabres players in the back of the head and skating away during the B's tenure. Don't like the player much but that is a great sentiment. He paid his dues for sure.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
I'll have to go back and look at the CBA again, I don't recall any of those being schedule A or B allowed bonuses. Perhaps I missed a different section.
Exhibit 5, which outlines "A" and "B" bonuses, has the following as its first sentence: The following is a list of the only performance bonuses that may be included in a Player's Entry Level SPC.

I am not aware of any provision outlining allowable bonuses for non-ELC players (there are only significant limits on which players are eligible to receive performance bonuses). Also, as an additional note, ELC players are actually eligible for games played bonuses despite them being listed as neither "A" nor "B" bonuses (the introductory paragraph to Exhibit 5 states that games played bonuses are allowed in addition to "A" and "B" bonuses).

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
Sat through many years of Thorny punching Sabres players in the back of the head and skating away during the B's tenure. Don't like the player much but that is a great sentiment. He paid his dues for sure.

I know that in his Bruins days, but that was like 16-17 years ago! :D But, I get it!

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
His last contract with Boston was $2M + $1.75M bonuses. Also, there are no allowable schedule A bonuses for making the playoffs, or games played.

He's also going to turn 44 next season.
New York Islanders How Performance Bonuses Work for ELC Contracts
Performance Bonuses shall be allowable under this Agreement only for: (i) Players with Entry Level SPCs under Article 9 of this Agreement; (ii) Players aged 35 or older as of June 30 prior to the League Year in which the SPC is to be effective, who have signed a one-year SPC for that League Year; and (iii) Players who are “400-plus game Players” for pension purposes, and who: (i) in the last year of their most recent SPC, spent 100 days or more on the Injured Reserve List; and (ii) have signed a one-year SPC for the current or upcoming League Year.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
Exhibit 5, which outlines "A" and "B" bonuses, has the following as its first sentence: The following is a list of the only performance bonuses that may be included in a Player's Entry Level SPC.

I am not aware of any provision outlining allowable bonuses for non-ELC players (there are only significant limits on which players are eligible to receive performance bonuses). Also, as an additional note, ELC players are actually eligible for games played bonuses despite them being listed as neither "A" nor "B" bonuses (the introductory paragraph to Exhibit 5 states that games played bonuses are allowed in addition to "A" and "B" bonuses).

Yeah, I see where I crossed myself up on the two , read one clause a bit too quickly. Thanks for the correction.

Gras

Mar 21, 2014
Phoenix
I wonder if we could entice NJ to take Okposo @ 25% or 33% retention for just returning our 5th

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I wonder if we could entice NJ to take Okposo @ 25% or 33% retention for just returning our 5th

Nobody is eating contracts right now.

The going rate was 1 year of Marc Staal for 5.7M was NYR's 2nd round pick.

With 3 years left of Okposo at 4M/year (with 33% retention), you are looking at 12M total in cap space......probably at minimum a 1st.

There are two logical cap relief valves we have:

Move out a RHD at a discount rate (Montour being the smallest discount, I'd say probably a 2nd or a prospect), Miller and Risto being at heavy discounts due to the term left (Think Schmidt level of return or worse)

Move out one of Olofsson/Reinhart before their Arb hearing.

There is also moving Hutton to the minors (Saves ~1M)

I don't really like ANY of the options here. Montour is the most logical and least likely to be a pennies on the dollar return. Given the NYR were able to get a 1st for Skeji for a 1st at the deadline last year really shows how poorly GMJB Handled the deadline. We could have easily gotten pieces for Vesey, Girgensons, Larsson, and one of our RHD.

Instead, we spent a 5th on Simmonds :ha:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad