FA/Trade Thread 2014-2015 Season V.10

Status
Not open for further replies.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Hey I didn't say I would do 7x6. It has to make sense. According to HFBoards he is just worth a 2nd so that's maybe 4.5m? I would give him 5m x 5 maybe 5.5m. Not 6m, probably trade him within 3 years as well.

The report is that Franson wants to long a term and to much money...His value on the trade market will be determined but I can assure you it is more then a 2nd.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I think Phaneuf for ROR + pick makes sense

Yes that is a trade that makes sense...as the Avs want a veteran D man and the cap hit is only a million more. We may have to retain that million difference in cap hit...I get the feeling that is our offer as it stands now

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
The report is that Franson wants to long a term and to much money...His value on the trade market will be determined but I can assure you it is more then a 2nd.

my gut is that he is looking for 7 years at 5.75m ish per.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yes that is a trade that makes sense...as the Avs want a veteran D man and the cap hit is only a million more. We may have to retain that million difference in cap hit...I get the feeling that is our offer as it stands now

I wonder what the 12 team list that we can trade Dion too looks like. If the Avs are on it, I could see that type of deal happening before the deadline.

I don't know. I am 98% sure Nonis won't be our GM come the draft, so is Shanahan handling the big trade negotiations?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I wonder what the 12 team list that we can trade Dion too looks like. If the Avs are on it, I could see that type of deal happening before the deadline.

I don't know. I am 98% sure Nonis won't be our GM come the draft, so is Shanahan handling the big trade negotiations?

Nonis is there just to make the calls but under the direction of Shanny...He trusts Hunter and Kyle...it could get done before the trade deadline.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Nonis is there just to make the calls but under the direction of Shanny...He trusts Hunter and Kyle...it could get done before the trade deadline.

That's true. I suppose any move Nonis would want to make would need to get Shanny approval.

I think there is a potential for a ROR/Phaneuf deal to happen before the deadline. The cap works out, and Phaneuf seems to be the exact player the Avs are looking for in return for ROR.

Like I said, only issue I can see is if the Avs are on his can-trade list.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Here's an article from S/N

Five potential trade destinations for Dion Phaneuf

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...ts-if-toronto-maple-leafs-trade-dion-phaneuf/

Colorado Avalanche: Last year when Phaneuf’s name was brought up in trade rumours, Elliotte Friedman told Sportsnet 960 The Fan the Avalanche were a potential fit. With Ryan O’Reilly’s name currently out there, some variation of Phaneuf for O’Reilly is a plausible scenario. The Avalanche, a team that relies too heavily on its goaltending, has been looking to bolster its blue line for some time. Jan Hejda, a pending UFA, is having an underwhelming season, and Phanuef would be an upgrade on the top pair beside Erik Johnson. A deal with the Avs would also reunite Phaneuf with his old buddy Jarome Iginla.

Potential trade chips: Ryan O’Reilly, Joey Hishon, Nick Holden, Jamie McGinn

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
That may well be what he would except....but I would think he is currently seeking 6.5 a year as a minimum. Right shot....that can not be over looked.

that would put him top 10 D cap hit and with the cap probably going to death stall for awhile, naw I don't see it.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
For a second pair D man 7 years is far to long a term unless the money is very good and that would be under 5m a year.

I would never give anything more than 5 years to a non core player. Phaneuf should not have 7 years either.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
A ROR- Kadri centre group could be one that serve the team well for years.

Hopefully management iss taking a very serioys look at RORs availibility

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
that would put him top 10 D cap hit and with the cap probably going to death stall for awhile, naw I don't see it.

What he is seeking and what he is worth are two different things....I say he is seeking over 6 and a 7 year term. If you think his agent who has been horrible to deal with is not asking for what he would get this summer on a deal, I then do not know what I can tell you that will make you see that he will not accept a contract before the trade deadline that will allow us to keep him....He is gone.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
That's true. I suppose any move Nonis would want to make would need to get Shanny approval.

I think there is a potential for a ROR/Phaneuf deal to happen before the deadline. The cap works out, and Phaneuf seems to be the exact player the Avs are looking for in return for ROR.

Like I said, only issue I can see is if the Avs are on his can-trade list.
I think at this point Dion would accept the Avs. ..

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
What he is seeking and what he is worth are two different things....I say he is seeking over 6 and a 7 year term. If you think his agent who has been horrible to deal with is not asking for what he would get this summer on a deal, I then do not know what I can tell you that will make you see that he will not accept a contract before the trade deadline that will allow us to keep him....He is gone.

oh you are confused

I know he is gone at the TD and glad for it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Weird, both Franson and Phaneuf could be gone by the deadline.

Rielly - Polak
Gardiner - Holzer
Percy - Robidas

:laugh:

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Do we have a source for it being twelve teams he'll go to, as opposed to 12 teams he WONT go to?

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Do we have a source for it being twelve teams he'll go to, as opposed to 12 teams he WONT go to?

I can't remember off the top of my head (so this is pure speculation) but before cap geek closed I thought Phaneuf was 10 and Kessel was 8. Unconfirmed.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

Did a twitter search, kinda conflicting

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1 Jan 2014
On Phaneuf deal, limited no-trade means he must give team 12 teams every year he'd go to. He wanted 8, Leafs wanted 14. Final hurdle.

ClarksonFree in 2020 ‏@mlse Jun 30
As per Kypreos, phaneuf’s NTC/NMC comprises 12 teams that he can’t be traded to. Kicks in tomorrow with the new deal.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Did a twitter search, kinda conflicting

Damien Cox ‏@DamoSpin 1 Jan 2014
On Phaneuf deal, limited no-trade means he must give team 12 teams every year he'd go to. He wanted 8, Leafs wanted 14. Final hurdle.

ClarksonFree in 2020 ‏@mlse Jun 30
As per Kypreos, phaneuf’s NTC/NMC comprises 12 teams that he can’t be traded to. Kicks in tomorrow with the new deal.

Cox is probably right then. Dont think Leafs would have argued to give him a better NTC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad