Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Old thread here

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1816839
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1811867
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1803153&page=40

Continue

MOD NOTE:

Per board rules you MUST have a source for rumours. "Im hearing talk of" and "a little birdie told me" or "my dads best friends nieces cousins roommate knows so and so in the NHL and they said this" dont count.

If you have a source who isnt publically known and wish to post what you hear, you will need admin permission to do so. PM me or another mod and we will connect you for verification.

We currently have one confirmed insider on this board. Those of you familiar with this thread will know who that it is. Don't bother asking his source as the mods dont even know who it is. Thats between him and the board admins.

Last edited by a moderator:

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
2014-2015 F/A-Trade Proposal Forum V10 mods please sticky

Old one was old.

Rebuilding trade proposals...

To Dal: Phaneuf
To Tor: Peverley (salary dump) + Eakin + Oleksiak

To Col:Bozak + Gardiner
To Tor:O`Reilly + 2nd in 2015

To Nyi:Kessel + Franson
To Tor:Strome + Bailey + Cizikas + Pulock + 2nd in 2015

+ more to come....

Last edited:

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Old one was old.

Rebuilding trade proposals...

To Dal: Phaneuf
To Tor: Peverley (salary dump) + Eakin + Oleksiak

To Col:Bozak + Gardiner
To Tor:O`Reilly + 2nd in 2015

To Nyi:Kessel + Franson
To Tor:Strome + Bailey + Cizikas + Pulock + 2nd in 2015

+ more to come....

Right, now, if only the other teams would agree to this fantasy! ;)

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
nemeth

on your retaining sal and then trade lups, well that could be an issue

iirc, the cba only allows you to have 2 of those at the same time

we already have 1 in the gunnar deal :laugh: how pathetic is that:shakehead

and I would hold that last option if it's needed for dion.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
just said somewhere else Avs will not take Gard+Bozak. That is $9mil for a #3C and a maybe top 4 defenceman on a team that has a very small budget, not going to happen.

Maybe Phaneuf + Winnick (before trade Avs talk to Winnick about an extension) + draft pick/or salary retention for Phaneuf for the first few years for RoR.

Last edited:

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
MOD NOTE:

Per board rules you MUST have a source for rumours. "Im hearing talk of" and "a little birdie told me" or "my dads best friends nieces cousins roommate knows so and so in the NHL and they said this" dont count.

If you have a source who isnt publically known and wish to post what you hear, you will need admin permission to do so. PM me or another mod and we will connect you for verification.

We currently have one confirmed insider on this board. Those of you familiar with this thread will know who that it is. Don't bother asking his source as the mods dont even know who it is. Thats between him and the board admins.

Old thread here, continue!

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1816839&page=41

anyone else hear the crickets chirping?

we need a minor league trade to get the ball rolling ...deal Kozun, or Abbott

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Is the fact TO is talking to Franson now mean he is being traded?

I can't be the only one to think this way. By talking to Franson now Toronto knows how much he will want and gives them a ton of time to decide if they will try to resign or trade at deadline??

This is very encouraging. Maybe try to trade for ROR?!? :laugh::laugh:

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I can't be the only one to think this way. By talking to Franson now Toronto knows how much he will want and gives them a ton of time to decide if they will try to resign or trade at deadline??

Seems like S.O.P. to me.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
The trade speculation was meant to be a joke. However it isn't SOP as a lot of players will not talk extension during the season. The Leafs are not talking Bernier.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Are they talking extension etc? Is there a source? They should sign him up.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008
This deadline we can't be losing pending UFAs for nothing. If they aren't extended on terms that make sense for the Leafs than adios.

Santo to Rangers for a 2nd
Franson to the Ducks for a 2nd + 3rd
Winnik to Caps for a 3rd

Bozak to the Nucks for a 1st
-Bozak would be the 2A/B with Bonino. It would be a major upgrade over their current #3 in Richardson and that core has a very short window to make a cup run so that pick has more value to us then it does to them. It would be the 16th overall as of today.

-Bozak is a sell high candidate and since this time last year Kadri + Holland have continued to advance, Nylander was drafted, Komarov was brought back, Gauthier is one year older as well as McKegg and Carrick (and also that much closer to losing waiver eligibility). Trading Bozak would also give us 4.2 extra cap room to work with in the summer.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The trade speculation was meant to be a joke. However it isn't SOP as a lot of players will not talk extension during the season. The Leafs are not talking Bernier.

Bernier is an RFA so his situation is different. The Leafs have to know what Franson wants before the deadline.

IMO hes gone, maybe sooner then later.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Bernier is RFA I think.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Franson is a pending UFA and its been reported that Leafs would like to get him re-signed in possible.

So Leafs are doing their due diligence right now. If they can't get him resigned by the trade deadline and his price is too high then he would likely be traded to prevent him walking away as a UFA for free.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Franson is a pending UFA and its been reported that Leafs would like to get him re-signed in possible.

So Leafs are doing their due diligence right now. If they can't get him resigned by the trade deadline and his price is too high then he would likely be traded to prevent him walking away as a UFA for free.

Smart move is to sign him. Trade Dion.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

also gives them 6 weeks to float him out as trade bait

as I have always said

pending ufa s have to be inked before the TD or ya ship em out.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Given the difficulty the Leafs have had in the past signing him I find it highly unlikely we do it now. Hes going to want the moon. They are doing due diligence for sure, but it also could be to tell other teams what hes willing to sign for.

Smart move is to sign him. Trade Dion.

I'd considered this but his play overall during his tenure here has not been worth the 5m+ hes going to receive. Better to deal him, try and deal Phaneuf before the draft, then perhaps circle back to Cody when he hits UFA (if we were successful moving Dion).

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
I was thinking one of two places for Dion to be traded to:
A) Anahaim for Smith-Pelly and Belesky and/or a 2nd Rd pick
or
B) Colorado for ROR and a 2nd Rd pick and quick note the Leafs add Ashton to the deal
My reasoning is that Phaneuf will add the defensive punch and size Ana needs to make a deep playoff push, and Phaneuf instantly adds defense to a very weak defensive Colorado team and they pair him up with EJ.

Lupul is gone IMO to who, Im not sure. I could see TB adding him and Mtl for that fire power in the playoffs, Jets could use him but I think they do not want to add his contract to the books as they look ahead with all their youth and resigns. St.Louis intrigues me as I could see them trade for him but again $$$ could make them shy away.
Winnik, and Santorelli I think will get resigned just due to their efforts and success during a very dismal time.
Franson gets traded to Dallas or Edm cause of his high salary demands and tough contract demands, unless he really truely wants to stay he will take a bit less
Clarkson one of two things happen here as capoligists look hard into his contract, they buy him out and bite the bullet of paying him what I think is $3mil+ for 8yrs or more or they trade him to Edm with retention of some of his contract, I would hope they land a taker and retain some
Bozak stays IMO just due to the fact he has a descent contract for what he does and he is good at face offs and coaches love that if he does get moved it would be like what most are saying a package with Gardiner
Which leads me to Gardiner, I seriously think they keep him and move him to wing and back to defense during the PP
Kessel stays, teams do not trade top 5'scoring talent unless they are getting a boatload in return and I do not buy it for a second teams are willing to give up a 1st, maybe more picks, a high end prospect and a top end roster player. If a GM is willing to do that then ok, but that's like putting a noose around your own neck, cause we all know how those kind of trades turn out.
Reimer goes to either Edm or SJ for picks
That's my thought on another crap season of Leaf hockey

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Given the difficulty the Leafs have had in the past signing him I find it highly unlikely we do it now. Hes going to want the moon. They are doing due diligence for sure, but it also could be to tell other teams what hes willing to sign for.

I'd considered this but his play overall during his tenure here has not been worth the 5m+ hes going to receive. Better to deal him, try and deal Phaneuf before the draft, then perhaps circle back to Cody when he hits UFA (if we were successful moving Dion).

I'd be shocked if franson and his camp was not asking for the moon from the "soft touch" desperate leafs

I have him at 85% gone at the td.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Why do I get the feeling the Leafs are going to treat this "rebuild" like they always do with a "re-tool' they'll trade a few players, but then get back a 24-25 year old, make other decent moves and be good enough to just miss the playoffs and have the 13th pick??? This team should be trying to move any possible asset they have excluding Rielly, Bernier, Kadri. This team needs to suck and suck for a few years. I want this team to finally be able to pick #1, it's been almost 30 years since we've had a #1 pick. It's incredible how we talk about rebuilding, but we really don't actually rebuild....it's always half assed.

Everyone talks about getting a franchise player here...well the only way to get a player like that is picking #1. Florida has one already in Ekblad, how good would Ekblad be alongside Rielly. To get these kind of prospects, we have to sacrifice our big club..trade this team away, trade Dion, trade Kessel, get picks, prospects and do this thing right. Trading Dion for a 24-25 year old who is in his prime does nothing for the rebuild, all it does is make the team good enough to miss out on a top pick. I wouldn't mind ROR here but he wouldn't the first player or asset I look to get. Picks should be Shanahan's main goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad