FA Game #5 by SF, RR, and IR4

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
:caps looking for a high quality center to play with Semin. Green, Schultz, picks, prospects, Fehr, and one of are goalies are pieces being shopped to get one.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:bruins

Haven't been able to get anything done on the forward front. We'd like to at least get a good top 6 winger before free agency. #9, #40, Jordan Caron, Ryan Spooner, Kabs' rights are available among others. Rask would be a tough move.

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
:nucks

'Nucks acquire a big-body presence

David_Jones_Colorado09.gif
yip1.jpg

The Canucks have acquired David Jones and Brandon Yip to help their top top-9 forward group. In exchange they gave up Cory Schneider Mikael Samuelsson and VAN 2011 2nd

With this deal, we are turning our attention to acquiring a few top-4 D-men. All picks and prospects are available. Some of our pending UFA's were foolishly warned by their agents to wait until FA.:sarcasm:

:avs confirm.

We firmly believe Cory Schneider is ready for prime-time and will be the Avs goaltender starting now and for years to come. And Mikael Samuelsson brings a solid veteran forward to our top-9. He plays an excellent two-way game and can contribute on the power play. We also added a 2nd round pick.

We know we gave up a lot in David and Brandon, but we think the price was worth it to get a kid like Schneider, a vet like Samuelsson, and another draft pick we can use during the draft or as a chip in another deal.

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Big splash coming out of the Stars' camp.

An effort to possibly convince Brad Richards to stay.

Details to come later.

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
Blockbuster

:stars
Marian Hossa
Troy Brouwer (RFA rights)
Shawn Lalonde

:hawks
Steve Ott
Nicklas Grossman
Tomas Vincour
Matt Fraser
DAL 1st 2011

This took quite a while to piece together, but in the end, it all worked out. The Hawks come away happy here, we've added gritty and fiesty centre Steve Ott, and #5 Defenseman in Nicklas Grossman, a couple of talented young forward with Vincour and Fraser, and the 14th Overall pick in 2011.

With this, the 14th and 18th Overall picks are available for a top 6 forward on a good contract.

Thanks to Marian and Troy for their time here, and ILRB for getting the deal done after 3 failed attempts. :laugh:

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
Blockbuster

:stars
Marian Hossa
Troy Brouwer (RFA rights)
Shawn Lalonde

:hawks
Steve Ott
Nicklas Grossman
Tomas Vincour
Matt Fraser
DAL 1st 2011

This took quite a while to piece together, but in the end, it all worked out. The Hawks come away happy here, we've added gritty and fiesty centre Steve Ott, and #5 Defenseman in Nicklas Grossman, a couple of talented young forward with Vincour and Fraser, and the 14th Overall pick in 2011.

With this, the 14th and 18th Overall picks are available for a top 6 forward on a good contract.

Thanks to Marian and Troy for their time here, and ILRB for getting the deal done after 3 failed attempts. :laugh:

:stars confirm. We can't do a write-up from our phone but we are happy to add Marian and wish all the other players luck.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Trade

To Hawks
2nd round pick (42nd)

To Canes
LW/RW Michael Frolik

We are happy with this deal as we like Frolik's upside and he is the type of young NHL proven talent our roster needs

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
:habs

Andrei Kostitsyn, Benoit Pouliot, Yannick Weber, some prospect (Kristo, Palushaj, Avtsin, Carle notably) and possibly the 17th overall pick.

All on the block, looking for defenceman mostly, a foward could interest us.

PM if any of those assets interest with assets of you own you have available.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sens resign some RFAs:

Bobby Butler|Ottawa Senators|YES|$850,500|2 years
Erik Condra|Ottawa Senators|YES|$605,000 (95k AHL)|2 years
Roman Wick|Ottawa Senators|YES|$714,000 (90k AHL)|2 years
Ryan Potulny|Ottawa Senators|YES|$550,000 (150k AHL)|2 years
Geoff Kinrade|Ottawa Senators|YES|$605,000 (80k AHL)|2 years
Kaspars Daugavins|Ottawa Senators|YES|$577,500 (80k AHL)|2 years
Cody Bass|Ottawa Senators|YES|$550,000 (80k AHL)|2 years

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
TRADECENTRE

Semi-Retired GM T_Cage has once again joined the panel to take a look at the pre-draft trading frenzy and give his thoughts. Does anyone care? Not really...but you'd be surprised how little that deters me.

To FLA: #6, Nick Foligno, Patrick Weiroch
To OTT: #3

I dunno if I like this move. Ottawa obviously has ' a guy' they are gunning more. If they guess right, they win this trade...but it's an awful lot to give up if they swing and miss
To NSH: Tyler Seguin
To BOS: Ryan Suter

Wow.....Proven vs potential, but I love this trade, one of the better ones i've seen. I really like that it fills a need for NSH up front
To TOR: Dadynov + 4th
To FLA: Bozak

Value favours Toronto, but only b/c Bozak's stock had fallen. Selling low isn't a great strategy, so this may come back to bite them
To PHX: Clayton Stoner + 5th
To MIN: Taylor Pyatt

Not a Pyatt fan. He's a replaceable player, and the 5th is a crapshoot. Stoner is a solid prospect though, so i give this to PHX
To PHX: Eric Nystrom
To MIN: Michael Stone + 4th

Good move for PHX, grabbing a quality Bottom 6er for 2 small assets. They definately get value here
To SJ: Brent Burns
To MIN: 1st, 2nd, McGinn, Petrecki, Ferrerio

Really not a fan of this for the Wild. The value isn't too bad, but I'd rather have 1 great piece than 5 decent ones. Stars are hard to come by, secondary pieces are plentiful

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
TRADECENTRE

Semi-Retired GM T_Cage has once again joined the panel to take a look at the pre-draft trading frenzy and give his thoughts. Does anyone care? Not really...but you'd be surprised how little that deters me.

To FLA: #6, Nick Foligno, Patrick Weiroch
To OTT: #3

I dunno if I like this move. Ottawa obviously has ' a guy' they are gunning more. If they guess right, they win this trade...but it's an awful lot to give up if they swing and miss
To NSH: Tyler Seguin
To BOS: Ryan Suter

Wow.....Proven vs potential, but I love this trade, one of the better ones i've seen. I really like that it fills a need for NSH up front
To TOR: Dadynov + 4th
To FLA: Bozak

Value favours Toronto, but only b/c Bozak's stock had fallen. Selling low isn't a great strategy, so this may come back to bite them
To PHX: Clayton Stoner + 5th
To MIN: Taylor Pyatt

Not a Pyatt fan. He's a replaceable player, and the 5th is a crapshoot. Stoner is a solid prospect though, so i give this to PHX
To PHX: Eric Nystrom
To MIN: Michael Stone + 4th

Good move for PHX, grabbing a quality Bottom 6er for 2 small assets. They definately get value here
To SJ: Brent Burns
To MIN: 1st, 2nd, McGinn, Petrecki, Ferrerio

Really not a fan of this for the Wild. The value isn't too bad, but I'd rather have 1 great piece than 5 decent ones. Stars are hard to come by, secondary pieces are plentiful

Waddya think about the Vancouver/Colorado trade?

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:wings

We might be heading to FA with our current roster, Deals falling left and right here. We need a #1 D man and some grittier, younger players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad