FA Game #4 by matt trick, RR, and IR4

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
A Hollywood Blockbuster​

:kings

The Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils have come to terms on an eight player blockbuster trade. The Kings have acquired all-star forward Zach Parise, along with prospects Jon Merrill, Adam Henrique and Nick Palmieri in exchange for defenseman Jack Johnson, forward Kyle Clifford, and prospects Brayden Schenn and Jonathan Bernier.

"We know we gave up four very good players and it was tough in doing so but we felt that the return was worth it. Zach fills the need for a top-six scoring forward. Jon has top-four possibly #2 defenseman upside. Adam and Nick will both be good role players for our club. We wish Jack, Kyle, Brayden and Jonathan all the best in New Jersey."

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Washington makes its' second "big" deal of the offseason, shipping blueliner Mike Green to St. Louis.

:caps

Barrett Jackman
Alex Steen
Blues 5th 2011

:blues
Mike Green
Cody Eakin
Andrew Gordon

Gave up some youth in this one, I know, but we feel that the last deal with Phoenix makes up for any lost prospects here.

We add some grit and leadership on the back end, and Steen will take over from where Laich left off, adding some offense on our second line.

The Caps also announce the signing of the following RFA's:

Karl Alzner - 1 year, $1.5 mil
Semyon Varlamov - 2 years, $1.25 per
MA Perreault - 1 year, $750k

:blues confirm

Mike Green is a dynamic, one of a kind player. We are very excited to add him to our team. He will finally be put in a situation where he can thrive, on a 2nd pairing with a responsible partner where he isn't counted on to play defense. We will let Mike be Mike, and we think we'll get great results.

coz21

Ask Me About Barron
Feb 10, 2010
Upstate
:canes

Also looking for an elitish PMD and top 6 forwards. All prospects are on the table except Skinner

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Did i make it back in time to see IR's traditional "complete gut of his prospect pool"? ;)

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
A Hollywood Blockbuster​

:kings

The Los Angeles Kings and New Jersey Devils have come to terms on an eight player blockbuster trade. The Kings have acquired all-star forward Zach Parise, along with prospects Jon Merrill, Adam Henrique and Nick Palmieri in exchange for defenseman Jack Johnson, forward Kyle Clifford, and prospects Brayden Schenn and Jonathan Bernier.

"We know we gave up four very good players and it was tough in doing so but we felt that the return was worth it. Zach fills the need for a top-six scoring forward. Jon has top-four possibly #2 defenseman upside. Adam and Nick will both be good role players for our club. We wish Jack, Kyle, Brayden and Jonathan all the best in New Jersey."

:devils confirm

We are excited to be bringing in Johnson, an elite puck-mover, Schenn, one of the best prospects in hockey, Clifford, an amazing role-players already at 18, and Bernier, who will be our franchise goalie goin forward. We are sad to lose Parise, but feel that Kovy and Tedenby can fill his shoes.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
:rangers

Several offers have fallen through/not really piqued our interest on Chris Drury.

Drury will waive his NTC if the team is he traded to agrees to buy him out or waive him.

We will take on a similar terrible contract, and we'll even add a pick/prospect to sweeten the deal.

We need Drury off the books before we can do anything.

If i'm a team that's not spending to the cap, i'd PM this guy

The cap hit is brutal (~3.7M next year and ~1.6M in 12-13), but the buyout cost in real dollars is only 3.33M (2/3 of 5M). Since you arent going to use that cap space anyways you put it to good use by turning it into a pick + drop a rich contract

New York RKY

Let's Go Rangers!
Sep 6, 2009
Arizona
If i'm a team that's not spending to the cap, i'd PM this guy

The cap hit is brutal (~3.7M next year and ~1.6M in 12-13), but the buyout cost in real dollars is only 3.33M (2/3 of 5M). Since you arent going to use that cap space anyways you put it to good use by turning it into a pick + drop a rich contract

Thank you :yo:

I have only been trying to say that for 2-3 days now :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad