FA Game #4 by matt trick, RR, and IR4

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:panthers

Rostislav Olesz is readily available, will take somewhat of a salary dump in return. Steve Bernier also very much available.

Looking for a decent 1A goaltender, on a max two-year contract.

Also re-sign the following players:

Marty Reasoner- 2 years, $1.45M per
Sergei Samsonov- 1 year, $2.5M

Mike Santorelli- 2 years, $1.525M per
Nicklas Bergfors- 1 year, $1.1M per
Michal Repik- 1 year, two-way, $850K
Shawn Matthias- 1 year, $803K
Jack Skille- 1 year, $660K

Last edited:

RR

Mar 8, 2009
Cave Creek, AZ
THRASHERS send #7 overall to FLAMES

:thrashers have sent their 1st overall in 2011 to the Calgary Flames for two picks and prospect Ryan Howse. The deal:

To CGY: ATL 2011 1st (#7)
To ATL: CGY 2011 1st (#13), CGY 2012 2nd, Ryan Howse

ATL GM RR, in announcing the deal, admitted dropping out of the top 10 was a difficult decision to make. But to drop 6 spots, add Ryan Howse to our prospect pool, and add a second 2nd round pick for next year made too much sense. And with the Flames going through a major rebuild the 2012 2nd should be a middle-of-the-pack pick in a much deeper draft than 2011.

We're now set for 2012 with a 1st and two 2nds, while we can still get an impact prospect at #13 this year and get Ryan Howse into our system

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
:thrashers have sent their 1st overall in 2011 to the Calgary Flames for two picks and prospect Ryan Howse. The deal:

To CGY: ATL 2011 1st (#7)
To ATL: CGY 2011 1st (#13), CGY 2012 2nd, Ryan Howse

ATL GM RR, in announcing the deal, admitted dropping out of the top 10 was a difficult decision to make. But to drop 6 spots, add Ryan Howse to our prospect pool, and add a second 2nd round pick for next year made too much sense. And with the Flames going through a major rebuild the 2012 2nd should be a middle-of-the-pack pick in a much deeper draft than 2011.

We're now set for 2012 with a 1st and two 2nds, while we can still get an impact prospect at #13 this year and get Ryan Howse into our system

:flames Confirm

Honestly, I woke up worried the pick had gone elsewhere, but looks like I won. We're a bit dissapointed to see a great kid like Ryan Howse go, but I beleive I can find a top notch player at 7, or work some more magic to make it up a little higher.

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:devils

We're looking to deal, talk is heating up about Zach Parise. I'm looking for a young, top-pairing elite
D-man. These other guys are also available:

David Clarkson
Brian Rolston
Dainius Zubrius
Henrik Tallinder
Any prospects and picks
Potentially the 4th overall (would need to be blown away)

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
REMINDER : THE DRAFT IS BEING HELD TONIGHT AT 9PM EDT (I DON'T LEAVE WORK UNTIL 6PM, AND I GO TO THE GYM, SO IT'S GONNA BE A LITTLE LATE)

IF YOU HAVE A LIST, SEND IT TO ME ASAP. IF YOU ARE GOING TO MAKE YOUR OWN SELECTION, YOU WILL HAVE 5 MINUTES TO DO SO IN THE 1ST ROUND, 3 MINUTES IN THE 2ND.

THE LIST I WILL USE FOR AUTO PICKS IS THE FOLLOWING :

http://thehockeywriters.com/2011-nhldraft-rankings-top-100-marchmadness/

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
:avs Jarome Iginla

:flames Brandon Yip, Ryan Stoa, Stephan Elliott, 11th Overall 2011

This is awful from both sides. To trade Iginla in division would have the fans asking for the GM's head. Not two mention Stoa and Yip are absolute garbage, so it's pretty much Elliott and the 11th for Iginla. That's robbery.

And using Colorado's young assets to get an aging guy like Iginla makes no sense either. You could have easily drafted a guy who could have been their top line winger with the 11th pick.

Gah!

Hurricane Hugo

Jun 11, 2010
South Carolina
:bolts

The Tampa Bay Lightning have re-signed their star forward, Steven Stamkos, to a massive 10 year deal worth a whopping $80 million. In a short statement by the Lightning GM, he expressed his excitement and relief, saying that locking up Stamkos for the next decade is going to be pivotal in the Bolt's future success.

The contract also includes a NTC.

Another string of re-signings are close to being finalized, more to come.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
This is awful from both sides. To trade Iginla in division would have the fans asking for the GM's head. Not two mention Stoa and Yip are absolute garbage, so it's pretty much Elliott and the 11th for Iginla. That's robbery.

And using Colorado's young assets to get an aging guy like Iginla makes no sense either. You could have easily drafted a guy who could have been their top line winger with the 11th pick.

Gah!

I still have the 2nd overall...And I thought I was trading Brian Elliott but it doesn't matter to me. :laugh:

Last edited:

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
I still have the 2nd overall...And I thought I was trading Brian Elliott but it doesn't matter to me. :laugh:

You actually thought I'd do this if it was Brian? :laugh:

@CP, I wouldn't consider Stoa garbage. 33 points in 48 games with Erie, I think he'll be one of those guys you need to have around to go all the way in the playoffs. Yip isn't that great, but Stoa, Elliott and 11th Overall add to the future of the Club, much more then keeping Iginla.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:cbj

Want to trade, PM me, everyone on the block! Voracek, Mason, Filatov, Huselius, Umberger, Vermette, Russell all available. Nash has gotten 5+ offers but probably won't be moved unless it's for a big package leading towards a rebuild. We'd LIKE to be a playoff team and are willing to move young players to be one.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
You actually thought I'd do this if it was Brian? :laugh:

@CP, I wouldn't consider Stoa garbage. 33 points in 48 games with Erie, I think he'll be one of those guys you need to have around to go all the way in the playoffs. Yip isn't that great, but Stoa, Elliott and 11th Overall add to the future of the Club, much more then keeping Iginla.

Trust me, if you watched Stoa consistently, you'd hate him too.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
:nashville comes to terms with most of their RFA's, Shea Weber's contract is still under negotiation.

Sergei Kostitsyn - 3 year - $2,250,000
Cal O'Reilly - 2 year - $975,000
Matt Halischuk - 3 year - $900,000
Nick Spaling - 1 year - $775,000
Teemu Laakso - 2 year - $800,000 (2-Way)
Linus Klasen - 2 year - $750,000 (2-Way)
Mark Dekanich - 1 year - $650,000 (2-Way)
Mark Santorelli - QO
Andreas Thuresson - QO
Dan Gendur - QO
Chris Mueller - QO

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
:flames

Robyn Regher, Jay Bouwmeester, and Miikka Kipprusoff all available for prospect Packages in return, we'll also take some salary back to help out.

Niklas Hagman, Ales Kotalik and Cory Sarich will be Extremely cheap.

Tim Erixon, Greg Nemisz, Stephan Elliott and Mikeal Backlund won't be moved.

#11 is available for a good deal, no need for another First in the deal. #7 Won't be going anywhere unless we move up.

Last edited:

RedwingsnCudi13

Aug 25, 2010
To :habs

C - Antoine Vermette

To :cbj

James Wisniewski ( rights )
Benoit Pouliot
Alex Avitsin
Conditional 2012 2nd ( Wisniewski resigning in CLB )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad