FA Game #4 by Bingo, HC, and IR4

Haligonian

---------
Dec 23, 2008
Halifax
Alright, haha.

Should be interesting to see where he goes. Apparently your Islanders are willing to pay quite the price ($100 million over 10 years or something like that, isn't it?), you guys definetly have the cap space though. If I were to guess, i'd say he ends up back in New Jersey but we'll see what happens I guess. :laugh:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Congrats on Global.

Kovy to Devils = disappointing news. I would of liked to see him land in NYI. Somehow Eaton, Jurcina and Kenopka doesn't exactly spell moving out of the bottom 5.

Thanks.

I'd have to think they're going after others (Frolov? Poni? Stempniak? Kariya? Morrisonn? Sutton? Carson? Mitchell?). $9M under the floor, and Matt Moulson and Rob Schremp combined are not (oh, please not :laugh:) going to hit 9 million. Something has to happen.

Fun Fact: If no additions/re-signings happen (which obviously won't be the case, but stick with me here), the Islanders will have $42M in cap space next summer. :laugh: And who knows how much the cap will go up.

Last edited:

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Thanks.

I'd have to think they're going after others (Frolov? Poni? Stempniak? Kariya? Morrisonn? Sutton? Carson? Mitchell?). $9M under the floor, and Matt Moulson and Rob Schremp combined are not (oh, please not :laugh:) going to hit 9 million. Something has to happen.

Fun Fact: If no additions/re-signings happen (which obviously won't be the case, but stick with me here), the Islanders will have $42M in cap space next summer. :laugh: And who knows how much the cap will go up.

Thornton at 7.5, Gagne at 6, Chara at 8, Markov at 6, Backes at 4.5. That leaves you 10 million for the other 12 players.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Thanks.

Mitchell would be a great addition if healthy. Frolov might be too depending on how well his style would mesh with Tavares/Bailey.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Niederreitov - Tavarov - Petrov
Kabanov - Bailov - Okposov
Moulsov - Nielsov - Comeaov
Martiov - Konopkov - Huntov

Streitov - Eatov
MacDonov - Hillov
Jurcinov - Martinov

Rolosov
DiPietrov

Yeah, this Kovalchuk stuff is making me crazy.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Thanks.

Wow.
Avs have ~10M to go to hit the floor and I thought we had too much room. :D

How can they be 42M under?

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
The :kings are very pleased with there lineup.

Ryan Smyth - Anze Kopitar - Justin Williams
Dustin Brown - Jarret Stoll - James Neal
Matt Cooke - Brayden Schenn - Wayne Simmonds
Scott Parse - Oscar Moller - Brad Richardson

Richard Clune - Michal Handzus

Rob Scuderi - Drew Doughty
Nicklas Grossman - Thomas Hickey
Matt Greene - Peter Harrold
Johan Fransson

Jonathan Quick
Erik Ersberg

What if Kovy never signs?
:laugh:

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Wow.
Avs have ~10M to go to hit the floor and I thought we had too much room. :D

How can they be 42M under?

This summer we're at 9 below the floor. Next summer we have $42M+ in space. :laugh:

Next summer is going to be a wild one, seemingly every Isle is a FA (R or U).

Here is a possibility for two seasons from now:

Niederreiter ($2.5) - Tavares ($3.75) - Okposo ($4)
Moulson ($2) - Bailey ($3) - Petrov ($1.5)
Comeau ($1.75) - Nielsen ($.525) - Hunter ($2)
Martin ($.8525) - Konopka ($.75) - Gillies ($.6)
~23,227,500

Streit ($4.1) - Hamonic ($.875)
de haan ($1.5) - Eaton ($2.5)
MacDonald ($.55) - Hillen ($1.5)
~11,025,000

DiPietro ($4.5)
Koskinen ($1.15)

Lazy Russian Penalty: $2.204

~$42,106,500

If the cap goes up to around $61M, we could have $18.8ish cap space, under the floor, with a 20 man roster. :amazed: I did make up a lot of these numbers but they are reasonable. If anything, I gave them too much.

Last edited:

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
That's why I was thinking.

Sign the rest of 2010, do trades, trade deadline, re-signing, 2011 Free Agency.

I'm not sure about a draft.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'm thinking that doing a trade deadline and voting and such will be too much.

My idea is to pool together all 2011 Free Agents and remaining 2010 Free Agents, and have a FA Frenzy. Trades can happen throughout. I'm not sure there would be a re-signing period, to make things easier. Although there would have to be a RFA re-signing period.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
I'm thinking that doing a trade deadline and voting and such will be too much.

My idea is to pool together all 2011 Free Agents and remaining 2010 Free Agents, and have a FA Frenzy. Trades can happen throughout. I'm not sure there would be a re-signing period, to make things easier.

I'm cool with that. What about RFA's that haven't signed yet?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad