FA Game #4 by Bingo, HC, and IR4

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
With Kovelchuk off the marker (still waiting for the GM to post) Frolov will sign today, likely with the rest of my clients to wrap this up

One a side Note, the Blue Jackets are finished and here is our line up going into next season

Filatov - Carter - Nash
Heatley - Vrassard - Vorachek
Mayorov - Vermette - Asham
Nystrom - Begin - Murray
Dorsett

Hedja - Morris
Russell - Foster
Klesla - Stralman

Nabokov
Garon

Cap space: 4.5 million

Columbus is now an offensive force for now and the futur. Carter, Heatley along with Nash, Filatov, Brassard and Vorachek are the futur offensivly here. We have added toughness and leadership with Asham, Nystrom and Begin and are ready to battle with everyone offensivly.

We wanted to land a big name defensmen but were unable to, but we will develop this defense and wait for Grudbransson to come in next season and be a physical force. Our team is back stopped by a top 10 goalie, Nabokov.

Our salary is in fine shape in the futur. We have enough cap space to re up Carter to be a big deal this season, and enough to re up Vorachek and Filatov when the time comes for their big raise

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs

Leafs land the big fish; sign Kovalchuk, plus 3 others

kovalchuk.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs landed the big fish of free agency today, finalizing a 10 year, 78.8M$ contract to add premier talent Ilya Kovalchuk to the club. The contract also contains a full No Movement Clause.

"At first our intention was not to pursue Ilya with the energy and enthusiasm we ended up with." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix stated at an early morning press conference at the Air Canada Centre.

"Our early plans were to kick tires, but failing in our attempts to land top shelf offensive players through trade, we decided that when we had the chance to acquire a top 10 talent in the world for only money, at the age of 27, we had to jump all over it. Ilya will play straightaway in our top six and get lots of time on our first power play unit. We potentially see him lining up at wing next to Mikhail Grabovsky and Viktor Stalberg, though haven't dismissed the notion of having him ride alongside Phil Kessel and Tyler Bozak. Ultimately, that's a coaching decision, and we are very proud to have him on board."

The Leafs also signed a trio of depth players, bringing back former Leaf Dominic Moore to a 1 year, 1.1M$ contract, while also adding winger Richard Park to a 2 year, 1.3M$ contract which will pay him $650,000 per season, as well as former Oiler Fernando Pisani to a 2 year, 1.5M$ contract that wil pay him $750,000 per season.

"We feel adding these three fine gentlemen gives us great experience and depth. Dominic performed extremely well playing for our club during his time here, and posted very respectable numbers both here, in Florida, and in Montreal. Richard has been a solid checking forward for many years in the NHL, and possesses great speed which we feel will be an asset to our backchecking and defensive duties. Fernando has great playoff experience, and has shown the ability to raise his game when it matters most - we are very happy to have three of these fine gentlemen."

8460541.jpg
8465170.jpg
8468575.jpg

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
The 2010/2011 Toronto Maple Leafs

Starting Lineup

Ilya Kovalchuk (7.88M$) - Tyler Bozak (3.725M$) - Phil Kessel (5.25M$)
Viktor Stalberg (850K$) - Mikhail Grabovski (2.95M$) - Nikolai Kulemin (2.5M$)
Fredrik Sjostrom (750K$) - Dominic Moore (1.1M$) - Fernando Pisani (750K$)
Luca Caputi (833K$) - Christian Hanson (950K$) - Colton Orr (1M$)

Dion Phaneuf (6.5M$) - Mike Komisarek (4.5M$)
Francois Beauchemin (3.8M$) - Luke Schenn (2.975M$)
Marc-Andre Bergeron (650K$) - Carl Gunnarsson (800K$)
Phil Oreskovic (525K$)

Jean-Sebastian Giguere (6M$)
Jonas Gustavsson (1.35M$)

ROSTER: 23; CAP: $58.8m; PAYROLL: $57.813m; CAP ROOM: $5.397m BONUSES: $5.385m

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Lol, Atlanta offers 50 million more than Toronto, and yet Kovalchuk chooses the team he said he wouldn't sign for over one he wanted to stay with if it got better. Riberio, Booth, Greene, Oduya, Bergfors, is better IMO. With that said, we sign Frolov 6 years 36 million with a NTC. An overpayment certainly but we have tons of cap space and see Frolov as a two-way first line forward who is admittedly inconsistent.

Our roster:

Frolov-Riberio-Little
Booth-Antropov-Kane
McArthur-Peverly-Bergfors
Reasoner-Slater-Thorburn

Enstrom-Greene
Bogosian-Oduya
Hainsey-Kulda
Valabik

Pavelec

We are looking for a solid goalie to play with Pavelec

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

I'd play another game I suppose!

Also.

This week for Nucks = Win.

Hamhuis, Ballard, Malhotra, and to an extent Tambellini.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
Looking like Nabby should have accepted a Philly offer, but Turco absolutely should have.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Ya just posted that in another thread. Looking like Nabby/Turco/Theodore better start looking into the KHL unless they're willing to take a bargain contract. Missing out on Ellis is going to haunt Philly fans since he make 50k more then Leighton. Sean O'Donnell and Jody Shelley taking up 2.2M dollars of cap space... was that really necessary on the first day of the FA period?

But hey, atleast you're not a Flames fan matt trick. Jokinen back at 3M, Stajan at 3.75, Langkow at 4.25. Not a single one a #1 C. Not to mention Steve Staios being on the roster still, and the fact they traded for Kotalik, had to buy out his contract then re-signed the same player they traded.

Canucks are looking damn good.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Raymond-Kesler-Samuelsson
Hodgson-Malhotra-XXXX
Hansen-Rypien-Oreskovich
Perrault/Tambellini

Ehrhoff-Hamhuis
Ballard-Edler
Bieksa/Salo-O'Brien
Rome, Alberts

Luongo
Schneider

Im guessing Bieksa is gone in the next couple of days to make space for a 3rd line winger + Raymond's contract.

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
None of you guys can compare to Montreal's huge signings though, we got this one beast in net, his name was.. Alex Auld..

But seriously, we did get one great star in.. Dustin Boyd..

:facepalm:

Jarmac

Aug 24, 2006
2010-2011 Carolina Hurricanes

Versteeg-Staal-Ruutu
Boychuk-Sutter-Cole
Tlusty-Brind'Amour-Larose
Samson-Dwyer-Kostopoulos

Pitkanen-Gleason
Leopold-Volchenkov
Carson-McBain

Harrison

Ward
Peters

Added a young forward in Versteeg and a solid dman in Volchenkov to our core. We will continue to build around those two, along with Staal, Ruutu, Boychuk, Sutter, Pitkanen, Gleason, McBain, Ward and Connolly and hopefully form a playoff team in the future.

I was disappointed this game that agents didn't respond to my offers and I couldn't really do what I wanted to...

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Ya just posted that in another thread. Looking like Nabby/Turco/Theodore better start looking into the KHL unless they're willing to take a bargain contract..

im shocked that nobody is looking for a 1/1a...cause really Nabs/Turco are/were the only 2 on the market

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
im shocked that nobody is looking for a 1/1a...cause really Nabs/Turco are/were the only 2 on the market

I think the thinking of most GMs is that Niemi just won the cup and beat teams with Rinne, Lunogo and Nabokov in net. I imagine GMs are just going to acquire a lot of depth within the forwards and defense

NowitzkisBrownNugget

Nov 11, 2007
:bruins

We are frustrated in losing out on Kovalchuk, we feel that as a perennial Cup contender, with a strong future in Rask, Seguin, Pietrangelo, Burmistrov, Colborne, Krejci, Boyes, Wheeler and Mcilrath and the fact that we offered slightly more money than Toronto, our offer was much stronger than Toronto's, who will be in the cellar of the Eastern conference for many more years.

/sour grapes

Tavares2TheRescue

#JreeFroadwayBay
Feb 6, 2010
Champaign, IL/LI, NY
Sorry I'm a little late, I've been gone, but I'd be interested in another game.

And if Eaton is our #2 defenseman come September, Kovalchuk or not, looks like another top five pick.

Also, Brett Carson is still a UFA, he would be very interesting...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad