FA Game #4 by Bingo, HC, and IR4

johnnydollaz89*

:rangers agree to terms with FA Vaclav Prospal for 2 years 6M(3M a year)

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto

:leafs

al-hakim-shaking-fist.5151.jpg

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
:bolts 2010-2011 Tampa Bay Lightning :bolts

Kristian Huselius - Steven Stamkos - Steve Downie
Milan Lucic - Stephen Weiss - Martin St. Louis
Curtis Glencross - Manny Malhotra - David Moss
Stephane Veilleux - Zenon Konopka - Boyd Gordon
Jed Ortmeyer

Bryan Allen - Jay Bouwmeester
Mattias Ohlund - Victor Hedman
Willie Mitchell - Joe Corvo
Matt Smaby

Tim Thomas
Jeff Drouin-Deslauriers​

Cap number (including Prospal buyout): 58.477mil$ (323k$)

(Paul Ranger is put on the reserve team, if he ever decides to come back, we'll deal with the situation then)

We'll make the playoffs!

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:bolts 2010-2011 Tampa Bay Lightning :bolts

Kristian Huselius - Steven Stamkos - Steve Downie
Milan Lucic - Stephen Weiss - Martin St. Louis

We'll make the playoffs!​

Serious questions as to why you'd split up Stamkos and St. Louis. Lucic-Weiss-Huselius is a good 2nd line without St. Louis, the top line is a non factor without him.​

Last edited:

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:nucks

Barring any major changes to the team our team is finished. We've lost some key pieces to this team and made some big changes, but overall I think we're heading into next season an improved team.

Sedin-Sedin-Samuelsson
Raymond-Kesler-Michalek
Armstrong-Kelly-Burrows
Artyhukin-Rypien-Hansen

Ehrhoff-Lydman
Edler-Goligoski
Salo-O'Brien

Luongo
Schneider

We've lost prospect Cody Hodgson and Michael Grabner but acquired prospects Jared Cowen, Ilya Zubov, and Quinton Howden.

We overhauled our 3rd line from featuring smaller forwards such as Wellwood and Demitra, to a gritty shut down 3rd line with Colby Armstrong and possibly the leagues best 3rd line C in Chris Kelly. Burrows will be cycled through this line and the Sedin line throughout the season with Samuelsson. The addition of Milan Michalek was a no doubter. We swapped aging forward JP Dumont for a 25 year old scorer whose had some recent struggles, lining him up with a 70 point center in Kesler should ignite his game.

We feel our team defense could be improved a bit, but was suffering last season due to the missing Willie Mitchell, we've added Toni Lydman to the lineup who should provide some stability on the back end, and Alex Goligoski, whose offensive punch we look forward to. We also we expect even further progression from young blueliners Christian Ehrhoff and Alex Edler. This allows us to play Sami Salo, who is still a Top 3 Dman when healthy, and played lights out at the end of last season in more selective minutes up and down the depth chart to keep his legs fresh.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
Little frustrated with one of the player agents not even telling me the offer had gone up and letting the player sign when I could and would go higher, still waiting for someone to tell me howl I can sign gagner and cogliano since as far as I know there isn't any rfa agents for fa.

C-Saku Koivu MTL

Aug 26, 2004
Montreal
Serious questions as to why you'd split up Stamkos and St. Louis. Lucic-Weiss-Huselius is a good 2nd line without St. Louis, the top line is a non factor without him.

I have a plan ;)

Let me start with this is just a projection, line up change all the time during games, let alone between games and during a 82 game season.

My reasoning for projecting this is:

1-They all play their natural position (RW-St.Louis/Downie LW-Huselius/Lucic)
2-I think Huselius playmaking skills could be great with a center scorer like Stamkos, where Weiss isn't a natural scorer, neither is Lucic
3-I can use St.Louis scoring ability better with a playmaking center in Weiss than with a scorer in Stamkos.
4- I love balance lines, making the opposition concern with 2 lines instead of just having to shut down 1 line and take their chances with the other line beating them.

All in all, we could see the lines you created by the end of training camp. I let my coaching staff deal with that. :)

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
I have a plan ;)

Let me start with this is just a projection, line up change all the time during games, let alone between games and during a 82 game season.

My reasoning for projecting this is:

1-They all play their natural position (RW-St.Louis/Downie LW-Huselius/Lucic)
2-I think Huselius playmaking skills could be great with a center scorer like Stamkos, where Weiss isn't a natural scorer, neither is Lucic
3-I can use St.Louis scoring ability better with a playmaking center in Weiss than with a scorer in Stamkos.
4- I love balance lines, making the opposition concern with 2 lines instead of just having to shut down 1 line and take their chances with the other line beating them.

All in all, we could see the lines you created by the end of training camp. I let my coaching staff deal with that. :)

Stupid "plans"..
:sarcasm:

But actually I can understand that thought process. I believe greatly in Stamkos I just hope his linemates can keep up to him. Love the D though, balanced and deep. Not an Allen fan anymore but maybe he can revive his game in TB with J-Bo or Ohlund again.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:sabres are waiting to hear back from an agent regarding two UFA forwards, then we will be finished for the offseason.

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
Kovelchuk is not signed, For anyone who missed out and wants Frolov send your offers in now, he will sign within the next 24 hours.

None of my other clients are happy with their offers (or lack there of) so will likely pursue Europe as an option

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
Hey all,

As we face the fact that tomorrow is July 1st, it is possible that this will be the last FA Game. In previous years, we have still ran games after July 1st. Signings that happened in real life after June 30th would not count towards the game.

If any of you would still be interested in another game, please post here.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I likely will not be taking a team in the next game (if there is one) but I could help run the next game, be an agent, run the draft, etc.

Barbadian91

Evgeny Kuznetsov
Aug 4, 2009
Ontario
It'd be kinda weird IMO...

Not sure, I have had very little time lately and with a few vacations such as one back to my home town of Barbados i dont know what I can do.

Question...
Would we just wait for the offseason to finish? Or would we go strait to regular season instead of fa? But then again we'd probably have to wait till at least august on several sigings. I wanna be much active but I'm also still wondering something...

HOW CAN I SIGN MY RFAS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
It'd be kinda weird IMO...

Not sure, I have had very little time lately and with a few vacations such as one back to my home town of Barbados i dont know what I can do.

Question...
Would we just wait for the offseason to finish? Or would we go strait to regular season instead of fa? But then again we'd probably have to wait till at least august on several sigings. I wanna be much active but I'm also still wondering something...

HOW CAN I SIGN MY RFAS?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Very first post should tell you who is representing your RFA's. I believe it was Backstrom # 19, but I could be wrong.

:leafs are waiting on hearing back from an agent before making a big announcement.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad