FA Game #2

IslesFTW

Jun 2, 2006
NHLnumbers is very, very wrong. Ask IrishBlues. Gomez is being paid 10 mil this season, and 10 mil last season. I'd rather take the extra 2 mil to get the extra 30 points.

Edit: the only player that makes Gomez look underpaid is Wade Redden.
Well I'll go with the information on nhlnumbers.com instead of some Hf poster, despite how great of a reputation he may have on these boards.

Canad93

Jan 21, 2008
....I dont think you understand what the deal is with JBo. At the end of his contract he will be paid about 2 million a season because he will make his money early in the contract. Gomez is tha same way, he will be making, I believe, 8.5 million next season. JBo, on average will make 7.8 million/season. Are you telling me JBo isnt worth .4 million more than Gomez?

That's an awful decision for money management on J-Bo's part. To go from 11 to 2 in the same contract, he's not going to be able to maintain an 11-million dollar lifestyle, or anything close for that matter.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Well I'll go with the information on nhlnumbers.com instead of some Hf poster, despite how great of a reputation he may have on these boards.

Wow .... Thanks for the laugh. Did you prefer the XFL over the NFL as well?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Big news out Atlanta

2gv7bkx.jpg

The Atlanta Thrashers have made a splash in the market signing highly sought after shutdown d-man Mike Komisarek.

Komisarek agreed to the deal that will pay him 36 million over the next 6 years (6 million per year) mainly because it offers a full NMC (no movement clause).

The Thrashers are very happy with the signing, and hope that their off-season has shown fans they are serious about winning.​

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Tobias Enstrom is available. Will listen to any offer, but looking mostly for picks and prospects.

Eric Brewer might also be available, depending on the offers I get for Enstrom.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
That's an awful decision for money management on J-Bo's part. To go from 11 to 2 in the same contract, he's not going to be able to maintain an 11-million dollar lifestyle, or anything close for that matter.

:facepalm: Wow..... I dunno where to start...

Ever hear of Net Present Value?

gui56

Feb 9, 2008
The Nashville Predators Lineup heading into Training Camp:
:nashville

Forwards:
LW-C-RW

Legwand (4.500) - Arnott (4.500) - Dumont (4.000)
Erat (4.500) - D. Roy (4.000) - Kotalik (2.750)
Jones (.950) - Vik. Kozlov (2.600) - Hornqvist (0.713)
Tootoo (0.975) - Smithson (0.500) - Laperriere (2.500)
ex. Belak (0.650)
Total:
33.138 million Cap Hit

Defense:
LD-RD

Suter (3.500) - Weber (4.500)
Aucoin (3.000) - Wallin (1.725)
Lepisto (1.300) - Zanon (2.500)
ex. (0.000)
Total:
16.525 million Cap Hit

Goaltenders:

#1: Rinne (0.547)
#2: Ellis (1.750)
Total:
2.297 million Cap Hit

Total Team Cap Hit:
51.96 million​

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
okay, after answering about 25PMs in the last 2 hrs (no joke), this time i am actually steppign away for shower and food.

Will be back at 12 for MIDNIGHT MADNESS... i have 6 players that have signed and will be announced by their teams shortly, dominos are FALLING...

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Dallas Stars

Randy Jones is very available. Dallas will consider any offer. He only has 1 year left at $2.75 million so he's perfect for any team that missed out on their target UFA. He can also play in all situations.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Wild make things work, ink Gionta

ho_AAHM083_8x10~Brian-Gionta-Posters.jpg

The Minnesota Wild are pleased to announce that they have signed UFA RW Brian Gionta to a 4 year deal worth 18 mil with a full NTC.

"Brian is a player that we targeted from day 1 as someone we would like to bring into the organization", said Wild GM CaptPantalones, joined by new coach Tom Renney.

"Brian was a player I never enjoyed coaching against", chuckled Renney. But im very happy to have him on our side.

The Wild also announced that pending league approval, the team has traded D Nick Schultz and veteran forward Owen Nolan to the Dallas Stars for D Ivan Vishnevsky and a 2010 4th round pick.

"We hate to trade a player like Schultz, but with the moves we made this off-season, landing (Wade) Redden, (Shaone) Morrison and now Boucher and Gionta, we had the flexibility to make this work right now. Ivan is a young player we like who we really feel can develop into a future top 3 defenseman.

With these moves, the Wild are likely finished

PM Bouchard(A)-Mikko Koivu(C)-Brian Gionta
Mikael Samuelsson-Todd White-Joffrey Lupul
Andrew Brunette(A)-Colton Gillies-Thomas Fleischman
Anti Miettenen-Eric Belanger-Dan Fritsche

Derek Boogard
Benoit Pouliot

Brent Burns(A)-Wade Redden
Shaone Morrisson-Marek Zidlicky(A)
Tyler Cuma-Phillipe Boucher
Ivan Vishnevsky

Niklas Backstrom
Andrew Raycroft

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

Stars land Nick Schultz and Owen Nolan

To Dallas: Nick Schultz, Owen Nolan

To Minnesota: Ivan Vishnevskiy, 2010 4th Round Pick​

Schultz will play with Niskanen to form Dallas' top pair while Sergei Zubov recovers from hip surgery. Nolan will be a major locker room presence, play on the 4th line, and get some PP time.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
okay...so it's not so much 'madness' as more 'mild insanity'....but here we go

herewego.jpg

The following players are SIGNED, and their new teams will announce:

Mike Komisarek
Chris Neil
Derek Morris
Dominic moore
Brian Elliot
Scott Clemmensen

Add that to Hossa, Boucher, Gionta, Mara.... there's your action folks...

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Who is left?

there's actually still a lot left in the middle to bottom tier.

Forwards, the biggest fish i have left is Kovalev. He'd ideally lik 4-5M per, but is starting to lower his target. Max Afin is also a good 2nd/3rd liner

on D, there are still some solid #3-5 guys... Skraskins, Boynton, Havelid, Montador and more

in Net, i still have a few quality back-ups. Garon, Gerber, Kolzig, Fernandez can all be had.

And of course, other GMs have clients left too, but not sure who. My whole list is on PAge 23, maybe i'll see if i have enough time to update that tonight (although i'm beat, been up since 6am and it's about 1:30am here in Atlantic Canada)

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
Alexander Ovechkin - Nicklas Backstrom - Alexander Radulov
Alexander Semin - Sergei Fedorov - Aleksey Morozov
Brooks Laich - James Sheppard - Chris Clark
Craig Weller - David Steckel - Matt Bradley

Jeff Schultz - Mike Green
Tom Poti - Brian Pothier
Milan Jurcina - John Erskine

Simeon Varlamov
Jose Theodore

Our offense is set, the Capitals are now looking for just one mean SOB shutdown defenseman.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Fernandez signs with CBJ

65bc5ea766_091507bruinsfn06.jpg

Columbus is pleased to announce that Goaltender Manny Fernandez has signed a 1-year deal worth $1.75M. Manny will back up Mason this season and probably get around 20 starts. This should conclude our FA activity, but it should be known that Klesla and Novotny are both available for next to nothing.

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
Hey guys, just got back from another 13 hour workday, I've worked 26 hours in the last 2 days so I'm a bit beat. I've replied to my PM's, ummm, I've also signed Morozov, take that *****es!!

Except for mine :cry:

I've actually been very quite since I still have 2 unanswered PMs/offers that are handcuffing me. No biggie as I understand that other things take priority though. I'd just like an answer eventually, haha.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
:bruins

BRUINS MAKE POSSIBLE FINAL MOVES TO COMPLETE ROSTER

7c4104f5-0551-4547-88a3-a29e45d75ca.jpg

The Boston Bruins and Derek Morris have come to terms on a deal. The 5 year deal will pay Morris, a top 4 dman, 3.75 mil annually. A NTC is also included in this deal. GM Melillo said this, "We are very happy to add Derek to our lineup. He has proven to be a very good two-way d-man who has a hell of a shot, and delivers bone-crushing hits."
dominic.jpg

The Bruins have also signed center Dominic Moore. He has a 3 year deal, earning 2 mil per year. He will assume the role of 3rd line center, but he will be surrounded by other second liners. This just further proves the depth of the Boston offense. GM Melillo said this, "I think Dom will further prove that our offense is likely the leagues best. I am in no way knocking his former team, but he had a great offensive season while playing with a team who didn't come close to the playoffs (ZING!). We believe with the players we have here, he will flourish even more so."

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA

If that's true, that signing should be void. A player cannot make less than half one year in his contract than he did the previous year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad