FA Game #2

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Detroit has made their mark on the free agency pool, signing one of the more coveter unqualified RFAs.

Detroit lands Elliott

elliott_brian_courtesy_400.jpg

Detroit has signed their goalie of the future Brian Elliott to a two-year deal worth 2.36M. This is a great pickup for the Detroit organization. He will play in a backup role and be mentored by a great veteran goalie, Chris Osgood. Brian has shown that he can have a good amount of success at every level, and he is going to be a great goalie for us for many years to come. As soon as we saw that he was unqualified, we immediately targeted him as our #1 priority. With the Detroit defense in front of him, Brian should be come a top goalie in the NHL in no time.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
If that's true, that signing should be void. A player cannot make less than half one year in his contract than he did the previous year.

No, it's legit. As per 50.7 of the CBA (from nhlscap.com):

any decrease in Player Salary and Bonuses from one League Year to another may not exceed 50 percent of the Player Salary and Bonuses of the lower of the first two League Years of the SPC (or, if such amounts are the same, 50 percent of the same amount).

It's based on the irst two years, not the previous year. The first two years are 11M and 11M, therefore the maximum his salary can decrease per season is 5.5M from one year to the next.

JBo's contract is structured 11,11,11,11,11,11,6,2,2,2. So there is no decrease wider than 5M in any year-to-year

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
New York Rangers roster as of right now:

Antropov-Dubinsky-Avery
Hunter-Drury-Callahan
Korpikoski-Anisimov-Grachev
Thornton-Betts-Sjostrom

Staal-JBo
Johnnson-Girardi
Lashoff-Gilroy

Hank
Vally

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
:stars

The Monster chooses Dallas

3373442244_0df2aa8578.jpg

Dallas Stars GM Les Jackson confirmed early this afternoon that Swedish goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has signed a one year ELC with the Dallas Stars. The contract pays a $90,000 signing bonus, $310,000 games played bonus for 1 NHL game, $500,000 NHL salary, and $850,000 in Individual A Bonuses. Jackson also confirmed that, like Fabian Brunnstrom, the Stars guaranteed playing time for the Swedish star. He will receive at least 30 NHL games this season, and with the Stars AHL affiliate only a 30 minute flight away, Gustavsson may pick up some starts in the AHL as long as they don't interfere with any of the 82 scheduled NHL games.

download.php

In other news, the Stars signed AHL defenseman Grant Lewis to a 2 year, two-way, contract for $1.35 million. The deal pays a $250,000 signing bonus, $550,000 per year NHL salary, and $195,000 per year in the AHL.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Soderberg, Havelid, and Montdor have signed. Their teams will announce.

I'm away from the comp until Sun night. I have a few FAs left, but no outstanding offers on any of them. I'm off to spend my fictional millions in agent commissions ;)

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
Wow, I don't receive a single PM about Gustavsson for days and then find out he's been signed. I can understand another team signing him, but to not even receive a single response from his agent is pretty grim TBQH.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Dallas Stars

The Dallas Stars have signed Carl Soderberg. Contract details will be announced later.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Wow, I don't receive a single PM about Gustavsson for days and then find out he's been signed. I can understand another team signing him, but to not even receive a single response from his agent is pretty grim TBQH.

What are you talking about? We pmed each other at least twice. It's not like money had anything to do with it anyways. I do apologize for not PMing you and saying that you were out of the race but I did post in the thread that I had PMed his top 4 teams and anyone else was out.

It was all about the situation and Dallas provided that. It was really no contest after Detroit brought in Elliot. Toronto made a nice proposal but it was hard when Dallas was the better team.

habs4eva

Jan 30, 2006
THE SAN JOSE SHARKS HAVE MADE 3 UFA SIGNINGS THIS AFTERNOON.
WE ARE VERY PLEASED WITH THE PLAYERS WE GOT AND FEEL THAT THEY WILL BRING DEPTH AND ANOTHER DIMENSION TO THE TEAM.

THE SHARKS ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THEIR NEW MEMBERS:

CHRIS NEIL SIGNED A 2 YEAR DEAL VALUED @ $1.25m per season. (name him Enforcer)

ROB BLAKE SIGNED A 1 YEAR DEAL VALUED @ $2.8m per season.

STEVE MONTADOR A 3 YEAR DEAL VALUED @ $1m per season.

SAN JOSE SHARKS LINEUP:

Seto – Marleau – Thornton 1.25 – 6.3 – 7.2
Clowe – Pavelski – Cheechoo 2.5 – 1.65 – 3.0
Higgins – Plekanec – Mitchell 2.4 – 3.0 – 0.867
Shelly – Goc – Neil 0.725 – 0.975 – 1.25

Boyle – Blake 6.667 - 2.8
Ehrhoff – Vlasic 3.1 – 3.1
Murray – Montador 2.5 – 1.0

Nabokov 5.375
Greiss 0.800

ESY16

Aug 8, 2006
Canon City, CO
www.geocities.com
What are you talking about? We pmed each other at least twice. It's not like money had anything to do with it anyways. I do apologize for not PMing you and saying that you were out of the race but I did post in the thread that I had PMed his top 4 teams and anyone else was out.

It was all about the situation and Dallas provided that. It was really no contest after Detroit brought in Elliot. Toronto made a nice proposal but it was hard when Dallas was the better team.

I only received 1 PM from you that had no indication of whether he was even considering my offer or not. I must have missed your post though so that part is on me. I'm just surprised that apparently I didn't even offer a top 4 situation when he signed with a team that is guaranteeing half of the starts that he would have gotten with Colorado.

scrappylilnobody

Feb 11, 2006
Penguins are proud to announce the signings of Dustin Boyd and Steve Sullivan.

Kunitz - Crosby - Sullivan
Boyd - Malkin - Sykora
Cooke - Staal - Kennedy
Talbot - Jeffery - Schremp

Gonchar - Orpik
Letang - Eaton
Goligoski - Scuderi

Fleury
Curry

Penguins are still waiting on a response from one other FA who will be plugged into the top 6.

leaky37

Sep 1, 2008

he did the same thing to me with Gustavsson and the Sedin's. I made a initial offer of 6 year $40.5 Million with NTC for both Sedin's and he never responded to me once about it. I found out that the Sedins sign with CLB which I don't care but like I said to him, why didn't you get back to me and say that there was another team ahead in the race and I would of overpaid by offering more money to get them. But like I said he never once got back to me and thats no way a agent should act.

Devils Pride 26

BrickCityHockey*****
Jan 12, 2008
NJ
Here's your 2009-2010 New Jersey Devils who can boast to be one of, if not, the deepest team in the league. Built for a deep cup run this year.

Parise - Zajac - Langs
Rolston - Elias - Bergfors
Shanny - Conroy - Moss
Clarkson - Zubrus - Halischuk

Martin - Ohlund
Salvador - Oduya
White - Corrente

Brodeur
Clemmensen

Ex: Pelley, PL3, Mottau

leaky37

Sep 1, 2008
View attachment 34417

The Toronto Maple Leafs are pleased to announce the signing of goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin. Nikolai has signed a 3 year $21 Million dollar contract. Khabibulin is an elite goaltender and has a Stanley Cup ring, something a lot of goaltenders lack. He showed that he still has his stuff last year with Chicago bringing them to the conference finals. With this move Vesa Toskala is now on the trade block.

View attachment 34416

Last edited:

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
With the signings of players the Red Wings were targeting, here is Detroit's roster going into training camp:

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom
Filppula-Zetterberg-Helm
Leino-Brind'Amour-Hudler
Maltby-Gratton-Kopecky

Lidstrom-Rafalski
Kronwall-Ericsson
Stuart-Lebda

Osgood
Elliott

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State

The Monster chooses Dallas

3373442244_0df2aa8578.jpg

Dallas Stars GM Les Jackson confirmed early this afternoon that Swedish goaltender Jonas Gustavsson has signed a one year ELC with the Dallas Stars. The contract pays a $90,000 signing bonus, $310,000 games played bonus for 1 NHL game, $500,000 NHL salary, and $850,000 in Individual A Bonuses. Jackson also confirmed that, like Fabian Brunnstrom, the Stars guaranteed playing time for the Swedish star. He will receive at least 30 NHL games this season, and with the Stars AHL affiliate only a 30 minute flight away, Gustavsson may pick up some starts in the AHL as long as they don't interfere with any of the 82 scheduled NHL games.

Wow, I didn't receive one pm from PB.:shakehead

My offer was 35+ games and up to 2 mil in bonuses and 875k starting salary, AND I have a better team. Nice signing though by BigG. Terrible management by PB though...

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State

So what about St. Louis, were they just a non-factor??

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

My offer was 35+ games and up to 2 mil in bonuses and 875k starting salary, AND I have a better team. Nice signing though by BigG. Terrible management by PB though...

A 1 game played $310,000 games played bonus, $90,000 sigining bonus, and $500,000 salary are better than just a salary of $875,000. The bonuses beyond $850,000 are pretty much impossible for a goaltender, let alone one playing his first season, to reach.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
A 1 game played $310,000 games played bonus, $90,000 sigining bonus, and $500,000 salary are better than just a salary of $875,000. The bonuses beyond $850,000 are pretty much impossible for a goaltender, let alone one playing his first season, to reach.

You don't know what my bonuses were, I was ready for a reply pm from PB, and 1 mil of it was going to be making the team. and another mil was for GP, which were pretty easy to obtain.

EDIT: BigG I have no problem with your offer, I think it is a very strong offer, I just think I gave the better opportunity and I believe I have the stronger team. I do in face have a problem with how Pitt's Best decided this. Not only for me, but for the other GM's who were interested, like Detroit, Colorado, Toronto, and I.

leaky37

Sep 1, 2008

oh yeah I forgot PB told me that the reason that he picked this team is because Dallas apparantly signed Gustavssons personnal goalie coach? Didn't know we were allowed to do that and I never seen a post stating that?

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
You don't know what my bonuses were, I was ready for a reply pm from PB, and 1 mil of it was going to be making the team. and another mil was for GP, which were pretty easy to obtain.

EDIT: BigG I have no problem with your offer, I think it is a very strong offer, I just think I gave the better opportunity and I believe I have the stronger team. I do in face have a problem with how Pitt's Best decided this. Not only for me, but for the other GM's who were interested, like Detroit, Colorado, Toronto, and I.

Yeah I do. They all have to be the same because it's an ELC.

Individual A (up to $850,000)

(c) Goaltenders

(i) Minutes Played: 1,800 minutes minimum
(ii) GAA: GAA =< median GAA of all goaltenders (25 game minimum, 30 minute minimum)
(iii) Save %: Save % >= media save % of all goaltenders (25 game minimum, 30 minute minimum)
(iv) Wins: 20
(v) Shutouts: Shutouts >= median number of shutouts of all goaltenders
(vi – viii) End-of-Season NHL All-Rookie Team, NHL All-Star Game (selected to play or plays), NHL All-Star Game MVP

Individual B (up to $2,000,000)

Top 5 Award Finish: Hart Trophy, Rocket Richard Trophy, Norris Trophy, Vezina Trophy and Frank J. Selke Trophy.

Award Winner: William Jennings Trophy and Conn Smythe Trophy

End of Year All-Star: 1st Team or 2nd Team

Goaltenders
Top 5 GAA, SVP, Wins

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Dallas Stars

The Dallas Stars have received permission from the New York Rangers, thank you hockeyviper87, to add Jim Schoenfeld to their coaching staff. Schoenfeld will be in charge of the defensemen for the Stars, and Associate Coach Rick Wilson has been let go.

In addition, Les Jackson has been promoted to General Manager while Brett Hull has been reassigned to Ambassador of Fun, his former position.

Finally, the Dallas Stars would like to announce they have interest in bringing in Guy Carbonneau as Assistant General Manager in charge of player personnel. The Stars would also like to announce interest in signing Erik Granqvist as a goaltender coach.

From the first day of the game. No other GM had a problem with it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad