FA Game #2

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Los Angeles is looking to add a 1st line left winger. PM me if you're interested in making a deal.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I was told some significant players were going to be making some decisions by now, but nothing so far.

Waiting on GMs. Hossa is signed, that's not enough? lol

Komi & Gionta have picked their teams, waiting on final confirmation from the GMs to make sure they have the cap room. A couple other are signed but i typically let the teams announce. Cammy should be wrapped up by midnight

The following guys will sign by midnight if they don't receive any more offers. There are guys where a few teams went "we're interested" or "what does he want", yet didn't bother to even make an offer (even after in some cases i actually gave a salary range). Well somebody did, and they won't wait around.

Dom Moore
Scott Clemmensen
Derek Morris
& maybe more..

Call it 'midnight madness' ;)

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
JBo is 25 years old. Why is his deal so ridiculous? The guy had 42 points on a team that didnt even make the playoffs and he is consistently an all-star and one of the best defenseman in the league already at his age. A long deal for a player who plays over 25 minutes a game isnt that big of a deal.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Columbus inks superstar twins!

sedin-twins.jpg

The Columbus Blue Jackets are ecstatic to announce that they have signed Daniel and Henrik Sedin to matching 5-year deals that will pay them each $6.5M per year. The deals also include limited NTC's that say they cannot be traded to teams that did not make the playoffs the year before, and they cannot be traded unless the other twin is also being shipped off.

The Sedins will step right into the top-6 playing alongside fellow Swede Kristian Huselius. We feel that with this dual-signing Columbus has catapulted itself into legitimate threats to compete with Chicago and Detroit atop the Division. Roster updates will be made shortly.

In the meantime, Ole-Kristian Tollefsen and Rotislav Klesla are available for picks/prospects.

Dorsett and Novotny are available as well. We are looking for a good defensive forward in return.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
The Hossa, J-Bo, and especially Gaborik deals make Scott Gomez look underpaid :D

I don't know what you're talking about. Hossa is a bonafide scorer, Gaborik is 26 and when healthy is a top 10 player in the league, and Jay Bo is a 26 year old defenseman who hasn't even sniffed his prime. While Gomer is a 60 point player making 7.35 mil per. :loony:

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I don't know what you're talking about. Hossa is a bonafide scorer, Gaborik is 26 and when healthy is a top 10 player in the league, and Jay Bo is a 26 year old defenseman who hasn't even sniffed his prime. While Gomer is a 60 point player making 7.35 mil per. :loony:

Okay, I am glad someone else see's it the way I do too.

IslesFTW

Jun 2, 2006
So Hossa is worth 9.5M dollars a year? Yeah, ok, I guess we got to the level where 30 year old first liners are worth more than Malkin, Crosby, and AO. Oh, he gets paid that for the next 7 years. He is overpaid now, wait until he gets into his mid and upper 30s :shakehead
Yeah 82+M to a player who can never stay healthy? Not overpaid at all.
The only players worth being paid 11M a year are AO, Crosby, and Malkin. Yes, it is front loaded, and yes, J-bo is a great talent, but no one deserves to be paid 10+M a year, save the three aforementioned players.

So yes, give me the 60-70 player who plays nearly all the games at a little over 7M per season with only 4 years left.

leaky37

Sep 1, 2008
View attachment 34397

The Toronto Maple Leafs are thrilled to welcome home Mike Cammalleri. Mike have agreed to a 4 year contract worth $22 Million Dollars. The deal also includes a No-Trade Clause. We are extremely happy to land this pure goal scorer. He is a player that we've been lacking for sometime now.Ke has excellent offensive skills and a nose for the net. He plays with intelligence and is usually in the right place at the right time. It also helps us that he is so versitile up front with the ability to play any forward position.

View attachment 34420

Last edited:

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
So Hossa is worth 9.5M dollars a year? Yeah, ok, I guess we got to the level where 30 year old first liners are worth more than Malkin, Crosby, and AO. Oh, he gets paid that for the next 7 years. He is overpaid now, wait until he gets into his mid and upper 30s :shakehead
The only players worth being paid 11M a year are AO, Crosby, and Malkin. Yes, it is front loaded, and yes, J-bo is a great talent, but no one deserves to be paid 10+M a year, save the three aforementioned players.

So yes, give me the 60-70 player who plays nearly all the games at a little over 7M per season with only 4 years left.

Bwahaha. Hossa is overpaid of course. He was signed as a UFA in a bidding war, Ovechkin, Malkin, and Crosby were RFA's who were signed by their respective teams. If any of those three hit open market, all three would make league max, and you know it. Gaborik is a little shaky(the signing) but if he stays healthy it's a steal, if he doesn't then place him on LTIR and he's off the books. Hate to break it to you, but the 60 point player you are praising is making 10 mil this year, next year, and last year...

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
3 more UFAs have signed.... their new teams will announce in the near-future.

i'm going to shower and grab a quick bite. Still more work to do tonight...luckily for you chaps i don't have to get up at 6am for work tmw ;)

The following players WILL commit by midnight EDT if they don't get new offers, so if you havent pitched an OFFER yet, you may miss out:

Dominic Moore
Derek Morris
Alexei Kovalev

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
Columbus Roster as we speak

D. Sedin(6.5)-H. Sedin(6.5)-Huselius(4.75)
Nash(5.4)-Brassard(1.246667)-Voracek(1.270833)
Torres(2.25)-Vermette(2.7625)-Filatov(2.225)
Novotny(.95)-Draper(1.583)-Laraque(1.5)
Thorburn(.55)

Edler(3.25)-Kaberle(4.25)
Tyutin(2.84375)-Hejda(2)
Russel(.744)-Valabik(1)
Klesla(1.6)

Mason(.905)
?????

Total: $54.08

We feel we have a very complete and balanced team with Veterans and young players, as well as good 2-way ability. Our search for a veteran backup for Mason should be complete by the end of the night.

IslesFTW

Jun 2, 2006
Bwahaha. Hossa is overpaid of course. He was signed as a UFA in a bidding war, Ovechkin, Malkin, and Crosby were RFA's who were signed by their respective teams. If any of those three hit open market, all three would make league max, and you know it. Gaborik is a little shaky(the signing) but if he stays healthy it's a steal, if he doesn't then place him on LTIR and he's off the books. Hate to break it to you, but the 60 point player you are praising is making 10 mil this year, next year, and last year...
Yes, that's why I implied that Hossa was overpaid in my post a couple posts up from this one. I don't get what you are trying to say here. You replied to my post saying that he is a "bonafide scorer," something I never disagreed with. But he is overpaid, and his overpaid contract makes the Gomez one look good in my opinion, considering length, and yearly salary.

Not sure what you are talking about with Gomez
nhlnumbers.com: Scott Gomez: 7.357 cap hit: 2009-2010 salary 8M, 2010-2011 salary 8M, 2011-2012 salary 7.5M, 2012-2013 salary 5.5M

While his salary for the next three years is high, but it is only three years. Much better than a real long term commitment.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

....I dont think you understand what the deal is with JBo. At the end of his contract he will be paid about 2 million a season because he will make his money early in the contract. Gomez is tha same way, he will be making, I believe, 8.5 million next season. JBo, on average will make 7.8 million/season. Are you telling me JBo isnt worth .4 million more than Gomez?

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
Yes, that's why I implied that Hossa was overpaid in my post a couple posts up from this one. I don't get what you are trying to say here. You replied to my post saying that he is a "bonafide scorer," something I never disagreed with. But he is overpaid, and his overpaid contract makes the Gomez one look good in my opinion, considering length, and yearly salary.

Not sure what you are talking about with Gomez
nhlnumbers.com: Scott Gomez: 7.357 cap hit: 2009-2010 salary 8M, 2010-2011 salary 8M, 2011-2012 salary 7.5M, 2012-2013 salary 5.5M

While his salary for the next three years is high, but it is only three years. Much better than a real long term commitment.

NHLnumbers is very, very wrong. Ask IrishBlues. Gomez is being paid 10 mil this season, and 10 mil last season. I'd rather take the extra 2 mil to get the extra 30 points.

Edit: the only player that makes Gomez look underpaid is Wade Redden.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad