FA Game #2

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
BigG44, I don't see Morozov leaving the KHL for 2-4 mil. Isn't his contract @ 5 mil now

I don't know. I could only find info on Jagr's contract. If it was worth $5 million, it's only worth $3.5 million after the minimum 30% cut back on KHL players' salaries.

:blues

The Blues have signed Shane O'Brien to a 2 year, 1.45 mil per year contract.

Confirmed

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Budaj signs with Florida, on a one year, 1.1 million dollar contract.

"In loooking for a quality backup who is capable of playing long stretches should Volkun become injured, Florida considered several goaltenders, but Peter stood out." Jacques Martin stated in the press conference.

"He's had his struggles in Colorado but the teams he's played behind have hardly been spectacular defensively and we feel moving away from there will only help his numbers. Peter Budaj is a capable NHL goaltender and we feel he can show that in Florida."

gui56

Feb 9, 2008
Nashville Lands A Pair of Euros

:nashville

aleskotalik.jpg
3234687403_21a8f85dda.jpg

The Nashville Predators are proud to announce that they have taken Ales Kotalik and Viktor Kozlov off the Free Agency Market. "We feel that these two players are really going to help us come this fall and throughout the whole season, these were the type of players that we needed in our franchise." Ales will earn 8.25 million over the course of 3 years with an average cap hit of 2.75 and Viktor will make 5.2 million over the span of 2 seasons with a cap hit of 2.6 million. "Prior to signing Ales [Kotalik], we were in a bidding war with St. Louis for Todd Bertuzzi and Todd ended up chosing St. Louis."

Last edited:

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Confirm the Kostopaulos and Boucher signings..

"Tom wanted to go back to Montreal, it was that simple. He's happy they found a roster spot for him."

"Boucher feels he still has 'some left in the tank' and is looking forward to playing in Minny for a nice salary."

Big news coming tonight- Hoping to get Hossa, Komi, Cammy, and Gionta signed plus maybe more. Stay tuned

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
out till around 8pm. Hossa's team will announce shortly. More big UFA news to come when i return.

IslesFTW

Jun 2, 2006
Isles, Mara agree to deal, defensive unit now complete
The Islanders' off season is looking relatively blue...well that's probably because they've now added three ex-Ranger players to their team. The first two were forwards Scott Gomez, and Nikolai Zherdev. Now add bulked, stay at home defensemen Paul Mara to the list. The 6'4, 219 pound stay-at-home mastermind commits himself to the Islanders for two years at a total of $5.25M(cap hit of 2.625M per year). Mara is expected to release a statement later tonight, but it is said that the fact that the Isles are in the same state as his former team, and that he is friends with Gomez and Zherdev played big parts in getting the defensemen here.

According to Isles' representatives, the team is basically done except for a backup goalie, and one or two depth signings.
5.25M for 2 (2.625M per

IslesFTW

Jun 2, 2006
Martin Hanzal is on the trading block. Looking for defensive help.
Any interest in Andy Sutton? Not for Hanzal obviously, but he can go really cheap, and only one year left on his deal. Big body, crease clearer.

If not, if anyone else is, contact us! 3M for Sutton for one year isn't bad at all for teams that can spend up to the cap. Don't overpay those players on the open market when you can have a bottom 3 guy for one year making a relatively fair salary!

Last edited:

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
:blues

Blues Get the Hoss

f06f20491fdb27629be2228b0de11a72-getty-86298408mc020_detroit_red_w.jpg

Today, the St. Louis Blues agreed to an enormous 7 year, $9.5 million per year contract with the talented Slovak. The Blues got into a bidding war with two other teams, and had decided they had the cap space to get their guy. "It was a decision that had to be made," said Davidson. "We really needed the elite talent on the wings. We have a wealth of youth, and need an elite winger to teach them how to play the game." Hossa will be getting the "A", and will have a full-NMC.

888 98 twins

Got you back not your wallet
Feb 12, 2008
Burgh
I don't want to derail this game by thinking ahead, but if anyone is thinking about starting the next game, can you PM me? Thanks.

Oh yeah, where the hell is hockey hitman??

gui56

Feb 9, 2008
:nashville

aucoin.jpg

The Nashville Predators continue their busy day by adding another free agent in Adrian Aucion. "Adrian is a play that rounds out our top 4 and also fills the spot left by Hamhuis when he was traded to Buffalo." He signed a 2 year deal that will pay him 3.5 million in the first year and 2.5 million in the second year, with an average cap hit of 3 million USD.

Burlington Bomb 26

Louie Louie Oh oh
Mar 16, 2008
Green Mountain State
Never thought I'd even see the fantasy day where Marian Hossa is getting paid about the same as Ovechkin, and more than Malkin and Crosby.

Trust me this is the "Penny Pincher" compared to last year. He was receiving Max contract offers, ranges from 10-12 mil per. I definitely think I overpaid, but the guy is an elite player and I got into a bidding war to get him, I have A LOT of cap space.

BillyShoe1721

Terriers
Mar 29, 2007
Philadelphia, PA
Trust me this is the "Penny Pincher" compared to last year. He was receiving Max contract offers, ranges from 10-12 mil per. I definitely think I overpaid, but the guy is an elite player and I got into a bidding war to get him, I have A LOT of cap space.

I just think that with all your great young players, a huge contract for that long could become a problem with guys like Backes, Berglund, Oshie, etc. needing big raises down the line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad