Vancouver, BC
To :pens

Joe Pavelski
Brent Burns

To :sharks

Kris Letang
James Neal
RFA rights to Brandon Sutter

One of those big trades that actually makes sense when it comes to NTC waives.

I understand the need for a huge shakeup for both rosters, but personally I think San Jose wins the trade by a fair margin.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
:ducks2

Think I'm interested in a Top-4 defenseman. Probably two, one of each handedness. Preferably both are two-way guys or slightly specialized as a shutdown guy. Offensive defensemen (unless two-way types) need not apply

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:wild

Looking to acquire a 3rd line center and top 6 winger. Marco Scandella, Josh Harding, Darcy Kuemper, 18th overall pick and prospects available.

Last edited:

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
The thing is, only Burns' NTC is currently active and it's a limited one at that. Letang, Pavelski and Neal don't have active NTC.

Fair. I didn't even look I just assumed they had active NTCs :laugh:

A good trade for both parties. Are you planning on playing Pavs at 3C? or moving him up to RW?

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Fair. I didn't even look I just assumed they had active NTCs :laugh:

A good trade for both parties. Are you planning on playing Pavs at 3C? or moving him up to RW?

At this point, Malkin's wing. But I like having the ability to roll three scoring lines as well. But definitely a trade that will shake up both rosters without involving the players that aren't going to be traded(Sid, Evgeni, Thornton, Marleau).

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
One of those big trades that actually makes sense when it comes to NTC waives.

I understand the need for a huge shakeup for both rosters, but personally I think San Jose wins the trade by a fair margin.

Not sure about that. I would take Burns before Letang and the difference between Pavelski and Neal is very difficult to evaluate considering that they are very different players. Neal has more skilled but Pavelski two-way game is better (in fact Neal doesn't have a two-way game so it's not hard to be better :sarcasm:). I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade involving Pavelski and Neal straight up. Add Sutter to that and you have a fair trade IMO. Congrats to both GMs on this one!

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:panthers

Willing to combine younger assets such as Drew Shore, Dmitry Kulikov, Howden, 32nd OVR, Petrovic, Robak as well vets such as Bergenheim, Upshall and Kopecky. We're hoping to package something together for a Top 4 blueliner or Top 6 RW.

Not sure about that. I would take Burns before Letang and the difference between Pavelski and Neal is very difficult to evaluate considering that they are very different players. Neal has more skilled but Pavelski two-way game is better (in fact Neal doesn't have a two-way game so it's not hard to be better :sarcasm:). I wouldn't be shocked to see a trade involving Pavelski and Neal straight up. Add Sutter to that and you have a fair trade IMO. Congrats to both GMs on this one!

The question mark with Burns is he struggles to play within a system. San Jose basically let him prowl the offensive zone without structure and it worked because of a guy like Thornton. If he can do that in Pittsburgh on F, sure, but the last thing they need is more uncertainty on the backend. His defensive game is underrated but he doesn't exactly inspire confidence in shutting down top teams players.

Neal and Pavelski are both players I don't see aging particularly well. Neal being 3 years younger gives him the edge to me, but yes, Pavelski's 2 way game is strong. That's not what SJ requires considering their getting their defensive 3C in Sutter, who had a great post-season, is a perfect 3C in SJ at a cheaper price tag, and will have stronger linemates like Wingels/Nieto/Torres than... who was he even playing with in Pittsburgh? :laugh:

Regardless. Great trade. I just think SJ got the better end..

Last edited:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:leafs UPDATE

ON THE TRADE BLOCK :
Phil Kessel (LNTC until July 1st, modified NTC/NMC after)
Nazem Kadri
Joffrey Lupul (LNTC : 14 teams trade list)
David Clarkson (Modified NTC/NMC)

Our focus remains to move Kessel if we can get the type of offer we want. We have started discussions with a couple new teams yesterday night and we have a better idea at this point of what we would want from teams still involved. A trade could happen today but it's not too late to send your offer.

PM!

We had serious discussions regarding Kessel today but at this point, I would say that chances that he's moved are 50/50. I will make a decision tomorrow so if you are interested, send me a PM ASAP so we can start discussions (or continue previous discussions).

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:edmonton

Looking For

2nd line center
Top paring defenseman
Top four defenseman

Available

Sam Gagner
Oscar Klefbom
Justin Schultz
Nail Yakupov
3rd overall pick

No one is untouchable, but don`t offer me quantity for one of my top young players, we are looking for quality.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
The question mark with Burns is he struggles to play within a system. San Jose basically let him prowl the offensive zone without structure and it worked because of a guy like Thornton. If he can do that in Pittsburgh on F, sure, but the last thing they need is more uncertainty on the backend. His defensive game is underrated but he doesn't exactly inspire confidence in shutting down top teams players.

Neal and Pavelski are both players I don't see aging particularly well. Neal being 3 years younger gives him the edge to me, but yes, Pavelski's 2 way game is strong. That's not what SJ requires considering their getting their defensive 3C in Sutter, who had a great post-season, is a perfect 3C in SJ at a cheaper price tag, and will have stronger linemates like Wingels/Nieto/Torres than... who was he even playing with in Pittsburgh? :laugh:

Regardless. Great trade. I just think SJ got the better end..

You're talking about Letang? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad