FA Game #2 by Whatever They're Called

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I believe I got back to everyone regarding defensemen. Several of them have signed, the rest with offers will sign tomorrow. Please send your highest offer. The list in the FA thread is updated, and IS ranked by current preference.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
:sharks

The San Jose Sharks have traded netminder Antti Niemi to the Buffalo Sabres for Jhonas Enroth and Buffalo's 2nd round pick in 2015.

We'd like to remind everyone that Tyler Kennedy is on waivers. I know you all want manbearpig.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
:kings

Brad Marchand - Anze Kopitar - Marian Gaborik
Tanner Pearson - Jeff Carter - Tyler Toffoli
Kyle Clifford - Jarret Stoll - Justin Williams
Dwight King - Linden Vey - Trevor Lewis
Jordan Nolan , Colin Fraser

Christian Ehrhoff - Drew Doughty
Jake Muzzin - Slava Voynov
Robyn Regehr - Alec Martinez
Willie Mitchell

Jonathan Quick
Martin Jones

Didn't want to tweak a Cup winning line-up too much ;)

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
Flames sign a pair of FA; As well as a great Draft Day

The Calgary Flames have signed defenseman Mark Fraser to a two years contract worth 1 million per year, as well as forward David Steckel to a one year two-way contract, worth 600 000 in the NHL.

''Mark (Fraser) will be a solid depth defenseman on the back end for us. He's a big who's tough as nail, he's a hard hitter that finnishes his checks, he's a good shot blocker and one of the best defenseman at clearing the crease. He'll bring a load of character and leadership to our team. He's a team 1st player that will do everything for the team. He'll be a real leader in this locker-room".

''Dave (Steckel) is a guy Brian (Burke) and I like and really wanted to bring him as a mentor for our team. He can be a useful 4th line center for us, a giant body who's still one of the best in the faceoff dot, as well as being a solid defensive and PK guy with experiance and leadership qualities. We have great young two-way center in our system like Monahan, Bennett, Couturier, etc. And he'll be a great mentor for them, teaching his faceoffs skills, his active stick in the D zone, his experience and work-ethic, etc. Can also be a great mentor for some of our giant wingers like Colborne and McLaren".

Hockey operation president Brian Burke and Gm QMJHLfollower are very pleased with their 2014 NHL Entry Draft. They believe it can be really big for the future of the franchise. Here's some of their comments about their five new players acquired in the top two rounds.

''Sam Bennett will be a franchise center for us. He's everything we want in a player, he fits our style perfectly, we had him rankes number one, we can't believe we got him at 4. He's got great offensive tools, high hockey IQ, really fast skater as well as great vision, playmaking abilities, shot and hands. He's also a guy who competes every night, have a motor that never stop, an heart and soual guy with great two-way game and leadership qualities. Having Monahan, Couturier and him will make us one of the top teams down the middle in the future".

''Travis Sanheim is a defenseman with huge upside. He plays in the dub in our hometown Calgary, he's a tall defenseman who's a very sooth and fast skater, with great skills and offensive abilities. once he fill out his frame and improve his overall game, we believe he can be a top pairing defenseman for us in the future".

''Alexis Vanier is a huge defenseman with a mean streak who plays physical, hits hard and csn drop the mitts if needed. He has decent mobility and puck moving, very good hands and a booming shot from the point. His overall upside are really high".

"Brett Polluck is a forward with very high upside. He really exploded offensively this year. He's got decent size, a really great shot, high IQ, very solid down low and in the corner, as well as very good hands and vision. Plays a solid two-way game, once he fill out his frame and improve his game-to-game consistency, he can be a really good for us in the future".

''Connor Chatam is the definition of a power forward. He's a really big forward who has a good 1st season in the OHL this year. He plays really physical, complete his checks, hits really, can lay big hitsand can drop the gloves. He's a solid skater with good IQ and offensive skills, good hands and shot. He also very resposibable two-way player and in the defensive zone. He can be a really useful player for us in the future".

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
extralarge.png

Vancouver Canucks
(2014-2015 roster)

Daniel Sedin - Henrik Sedin - Alex Burrows
Tomas Tatar - Sam Reinhart - Zack Kassian
Chris Higgins - Mathieu Perreault - Mike Santorelli
Brad Richardson - Chris Kelly - Steve Downie

Extra: Tom Sestito
Prospects: Bo Horvat, Brendan Gaunce, Hunter Shinkaruk, Nicklas Jensen, Rickard Rakell, Jake Virtanen, Dylan Larkin

Dan Hamhuis - Jason Garrison
Alex Edler - Marek Zidlicky
Matt Bartkowski - Tom Gilbert

Extra: Ryan Stanton, Alexander Urbom
Prospects: Shea Theodore, Frank Corrado, Ryan Sproul, Julius Honka, Jordan Schmaltz

Eddie Lack
Niklas Backstrom

It's not the lineup I expected to have at the end of the game, but I'm still happy with it. I was planning on having more youth/prospects fill some roster spots, but I guess I'll give them another year or two to develop in the CHL/AHL before throwing them into the deep end of the pool. But in the end we filled our needs. Stocked up on young players/prospects, added forward depth to allow us to roll four lines, finally got that powerplay quarterback (although very temporary), and got a veteran backup/1B goalie.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
:preds claim Kennedy

:preds happy to have acquired Spezza, and maintained great defense and goaltending.

Wilson-Spezza-Smith
Borque-Fisher-Jarnkrok
Spaling-Cullen-Kennedy
Nyqvist-Gaustad-

Josi-Weber
Del Zotto-Shultz
Ekholm-Ellis

Rinne

We'll be more active next time, just couldn't find the right fits.

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
:leafs 2014-2015 TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS

JVR - Tyler Bozak - Alex Chiasson
Tomas Hertl - Nazem Kadri - Matt Nieto
Jason Zucker - Peter Holland - David Clarkson
Max Reinhart - Jay McClement - Tom Wilson
* Colton Orr

Jake Gardiner - Morgan Rielly
Carl Gunnarsson - Mathew Dumba
Nikita Zadorov - Tim Gleason
* Raphael Diaz, Cory Sarich

Jonathan Bernier
Peter Budaj

holden57

Feb 3, 2011
:wild

Vanek - Koivu - Pominville
Parise - Granlund - Coyle
Niederreiter - Haula - Stempniak
Cooke - Fiddler - Fointaine
ex. Andersson

Suter - Phanuef
Brodin - Spurgeon
Scandella - Folin
ex. Ballard

Fleury
Harding
Kuemper

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
:stars

Jamie Benn - Tyler Seguin - Valeri Nichushkin
Antoine Roussel - Cody Eakin - Ryan Garbutt
Rich Peverley - Ryan Strome - Brett Ritchie
Erik Cole - Shawn Horcoff - Colton Sceviour

Alex Goligoski - Brenden Dillon
Jordie Benn - Cody Franson
Kevin Connauton - Sergei Gonchar
x - Brian Strait, Patrik Nemeth

Kari Lehtonen
James Reimer

Fairly happy with our roster going into FA, so we didn't do much shopping. :)

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
:preds claim Kennedy

:preds happy to have acquired Spezza, and maintained great defense and goaltending.

Wilson-Spezza-Smith
Borque-Fisher-Jarnkrok
Spaling-Cullen-Kennedy
Nyqvist-Gaustad-

Josi-Weber
Del Zotto-Shultz
Ekholm-Ellis

Rinne

We'll be more active next time, just couldn't find the right fits.

You traded Colin Wilson to me as part of the Spezza deal, just FYI.

GarfSnowed

May 1, 2011
:isles

FORWARDS
Jussi Jokinen ($4.000m)/ John Tavares ($5.500m) / Kyle Okposo ($2.800m)
Michael Grabner ($3.000m) / Frans Nielsen ($2.750m) / Brock Nelson ($0.900m)
Josh Bailey ($3.300m) / Anders Lee ($1.250m) / Cal Clutterbuck ($2.750m)
Matt Martin ($1.000m) / Casey Cizikas ($1.000m) / Travis Moen ($1.850m)
Colin McDonald ($0.638m)
Eric Boulton ($0.650m)

DEFENSEMEN
Trevor Daley($3.300m) / Travis Hamonic ($3.857m)
Matt Greene ($4.000m) / Calvin deHann ($2.35m)
Lubomir Visnovsky ($4.750m) / Griffin Reinhart ($0.863m)
Thomas Hickey ($0.675m)

GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($4.500m)
Evgeni Nabokov ($2.000m)

I actually think this is a good playoff roster. The development of last year's players as well as improvements on defense really changes this team.

drnaud81

Aug 29, 2011
Quebec City, QC

:flyers

Scott Hartnell / Claude Giroux / Jakub Voracek
Milan Michalek / Brayden Schenn / Wayne Simmonds
Michael Raffl / Vincent Lecavalier / Matt Read
Tye McGinn / Scott Laughton / Zac Rinaldo
Jay Rosehill

Andrew MacDonald / Mark Giordano
Mark Streit / Luke Schenn
Nicklas Grossmann / Jason Demers
Brett Bellemore

Steve Mason
Jonas Gustavsson

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:wild

Vanek - Koivu - Pominville
Parise - Granlund - Coyle
Niederreiter - Haula - Stempniak
Cooke - Fiddler - Fointaine
ex. Andersson

Suter - Phanuef
Brodin - Spurgeon
Scandella - Folin
ex. Ballard

Fleury
Harding
Kuemper

I'm not very up to date on Minny's cap situation, and kind of too lazy to look, but is this under the cap? With Vanek, Koivu, Pommer, Parise, Suter, Phanuef and Fleury on the books I'm curious to see.

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
:panthers
Bryan Little
:jets
John Quennville, Brandon Pirri, Alex Petrovic, Tomas Kopecky

In Florida we are blessed with an abundance of riches when it comes to NHL bound prospects, and we felt this trade took several of the pieces that might fight for an NHL roster spot in the coming years in Florida, and used them acquire one of the league's most underrated forwards. Little will slot in at RW on our top line with Jonathon Huberdeau and Sasha Barkov, or at 2C, we appreciate his veratility. Unfortunately Tomas Kopecky just didn't fit into our team and we wish him the best of luck in Winnipeg (In other words, YAY he's gone!)

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
I'm not very up to date on Minny's cap situation, and kind of too lazy to look, but is this under the cap? With Vanek, Koivu, Pommer, Parise, Suter, Phanuef and Fleury on the books I'm curious to see.

It seems fine to me. He started with $22M+ in space, unloaded over $6M from Brodziak and Backstrom. Lots of high priced guys but everyone else looks fairly cheap.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
:panthers
Bryan Little
:jets
John Quennville, Brandon Pirri, Alex Petrovic, Tomas Kopecky

In Florida we are blessed with an abundance of riches when it comes to NHL bound prospects, and we felt this trade took several of the pieces that might fight for an NHL roster spot in the coming years in Florida, and used them acquire one of the league's most underrated forwards. Little will slot in at RW on our top line with Jonathon Huberdeau and Sasha Barkov, or at 2C, we appreciate his veratility. Unfortunately Tomas Kopecky just didn't fit into our team and we wish him the best of luck in Winnipeg (In other words, YAY he's gone!)

Confirm. The Jets are happy to add a number of nice young players in Quennville,Brandon and Alex to the organization along with Tomas who will get a fresh start here in Winnipeg.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
:nhl

Get your final offers in on Hiller, Brodeur and Stalock!

Chris Kreider and Mats Zuccarello have received interest from teams, keep in mind that if you are to extend and offersheet to an RFA, you will be required to pay compensation.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
:caps

Joffrey Lupul - Nicklas Backstrom - Alex Ovechkin
Evgeny Kuznetsov - Mikhail Grabovski - Troy Brouwer
Brooks Laich - Jay Beagle - Joel Ward
Jason Chimera - Michael Latta - Eric Fehr

Karl Alzner - John Carlson
Alexei Emelin - Mike Green
Jack Hillen - Dmitri Orlov

Braden Holtby
Martin Brodeur

Very happy with this squad. Not a huge amount of changes but enough to instill hope into the fans of the franchise. Added a top line winger, a top 4 defender, a solid backup goaltender as well as resigned Mikhail Grabovski.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island

Patrick Marleau - Logan Couture - Phil Kessel
James Neal - Travis Zajac - Tommy Wingels
Raffi Torres - Brandon Sutter - Ty Rattie
Blake Comeau - Marcel Goc - Chris Thorburn
Andrew Desjardins

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Kris Letang
Andy Greene - Braydon Coburn
Mirco Mueller - Justin Braun
Matt Irwin

Jonas Hiller
Jhonas Enroth​

TLinden

Benning gonnaBenning
Nov 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Patrick Marleau - Logan Couture - Phil Kessel
James Neal - Travis Zajac - Tommy Wingels
Raffi Torres - Brandon Sutter - Ty Rattie
Blake Comeau - Marcel Goc - Chris Thorburn
Andrew Desjardins

Marc-Edouard Vlasic - Kris Letang
Andy Greene - Braydon Coburn
Mirco Mueller - Justin Braun
Matt Irwin

Jonas Hiller
Jhonas Enroth

Probably one of the best Sharks overhauls I've seen minus the goaltending. I am disappointed at that tandem. Letting go of Stalock was a mistake. I didn't even remember he was a FA or else I would have signed him.

donut

Sep 5, 2012
:bruins

Milan Lucic / David Krejci / Jarome Iginla
Dustin Brown / Patrice Bergeron / Loui Eriksson
Jordan Caron / Carl Soderberg / Reilly Smith
Daniel Paille / Gregory Campbell / Chris Stewart

Zdeno Chara / Dougie Hamilton
Dennis Seidenberg / Johnny Boychuk
Brooks Orpik / Adam McQuaid

Tuukka Rask
Jacob Markstrom

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Detroit just about done in FA (mainly cause i'm almost out of roster spots haha)..... had fun this round :P

QMJHLfollower

Heart and soul
Jul 24, 2010
TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT

:jets :flames

The Calgary Flames have acquired defenseman Josh Morrissey and forward Scott Kosmachuk from the Winnipeg Jets, in exchange, the Flames have sent to the Jets forwards Curtis Glencross and Mikael Backlund. Flames will retain 50% of Glencross salary.

''We are very high on Josh (Morrissey). We believe he has top pairing, and even number one D upside. He's a tremendous offensive defenseman that killed the Dub this year. He's an awesome skater with great vision, puck moving and shot from the point. We are happy to add a defenseman of Josh caliber to our core''.

''Scott (Kosmachuk) is a an hard-working two-way forward with skills, he really exploded offensively this year. He has guy with top 6 upside, he'll add some nice depth to our RW position. He's a guy that impress us how he can creates offense with a mixtes of his skills, skating and hard-work''.

Flames sign FA D Mark Fayne

The Calgary Flames have signed defenseman Mark Fayne to a 4 years contract Worth 5M per year. The deal also includes a NTC.

''Mark (Fayne) is a big RHD that can log a lot of minutes. He's a very good skater with high hockey IQ, has good positionning, moves his puck well, plays in every situation, good shot from the point as well. He's a very solid all-around defenseman that plays a mistake free type of game, he'll be huge for our defenseman core. We are pleased to add a defenseman of his caliber''.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad