Chiasson-Thompson-wingels
Reeves

Bouwmeester-pietrangelo
Edmundsen-Murphy
Gunarsson-ehrhoff
Lindblom

Elliot
Allen

With the loss of David Backes, Alex pietrangelo will be our new captain. He will be joined by alternate captains Ryan Callahan and Alexander steen

All in all, I like the direction of the team. It stays within the upper echelon of the western conference while replacing past leadership with 2 more respected leaders.

Add in the fact that we were able to add chychurin in the draft, and timo Meier, nick Sorensen and several other young forwards in trades, we feel we built the foundation for a very solid 5 year run

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
columbus_blue_jackets_thumb.png

The Brand New BlueJackets
Playoff-ready and built on the core in Columbus

Brandon Saad - Boone Jenner (A) - Jesse Puljujarvi
Zach Smith - Alexander Wennberg - Cam Atkinson
Scott Hartnell - Brandon Dubinsky (A) - Tomas Tatar
Antoine Roussel - Jimmy Hayes - Nick Foligno (C)

Jake Muzzin - Seth Jones
Ryan Murray - Jack Johnson (A)
Kris Russell - Adam McQuaid

Sergei Bobrovsky
Antti Raanta
Call-up squad (to cover for injuries & suspensions): Ahti Oksanen, F, Tomas Jurco, F, Oliver Kylington, D, Haydn Fleury, D, Marcus Hogberg, G

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm curious who everyone thinks improved the most outside their team. For me it's Edmonton. They added a lot of depth and should compete next year.

Also curious which team people think will do the worst next year. For me it's Philadelphia. With their team composed entirely of prospects and young NHL players, they will get eaten alive. Many of those players are probably not ready.

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
I'm curious who everyone thinks improved the most outside their team. For me it's Edmonton. They added a lot of depth and should compete next year.

Also curious which team people think will do the worst next year. For me it's Philadelphia. With their team composed entirely of prospects and young NHL players, they will get eaten alive. Many of those players are probably not ready.

Good for you, I have Giroux still he's a God

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010

JW added Backes, Nielsen and Goligoski on a budget, that wins in my book haha. Jesus Murphy.

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
JW added Backes, Nielsen and Goligoski on a budget, that wins in my book haha. Jesus Murphy.

Yeah but apparently I did it by going 600k over the cap :laugh:

Would be an easy fix to flip Winnik for a pick and use Stephenson/Dickinson there or sign a cheaper 4LW, but the game is pretty much dead so not worth anyones time at this point.

Who is down for game 2?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Yeah but apparently I did it by going 600k over the cap :laugh:

Would be an easy fix to flip Winnik for a pick and use Stephenson/Dickinson there or sign a cheaper 4LW, but the game is pretty much dead so not worth anyones time at this point.

Who is down for game 2?

I would be!

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Had some work catch up to be at the end of this game, but definitely in for #2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad