FA Game #1 by TP, RR, and IR

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
:leafs

Building From The Net Out; Leafs Send JVR to Tampa, Acquire Vasilevskiy, Pick

The Toronto Maple Leafs made a major acquisition today in driving their club forward, acquiring goaltender Andrei Vasilevsiy from the Tampa Bay Lightning.

"We targeted Andrei very early in this process as a player who was a very good fit for our organization." Leafs GM HOCCA Scouting (aka TP) stated in a conference call today.

"We recognized the need to find a goaltender who can provide immediate results, while at the same time develop with us as a club. Andrei is an elite goaltending prospect who we feel is ready to challenge for a starting role on our club. With our recent addition of Nikita Zaitsev, as well as prospects like Nikita Soshnikov and Rinat Valiev, we feel he will be able to fit in well with our team."

In exchange for Vasilevskiy, the Leafs sent power forward James Van Riemsdyk to Tampa. The Leafs also receive Tampa's 1st round selection in the upcoming Entry Draft.

"In James Van Riemsdyk, we've lost a huge part of our club - a top-end offensive player who has really come into his own, while possessing fantastic size and a very affordable cap hit. He is a big loss, but adding Andrei and another 1st round pick was critical for us moving forward. We're very happy with this trade."

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
We already know the deal.....

Colton Parayko
Vladmir Sobotka
Ty Rattie

EDM 1st '16 (4th OV)
Griffin Reinhart
David Musil

Ok, well it's not in thread so excuse me.

Anyway, blues confirm the deal. We're happy to add a top 5 pick in a very deep draft, along with a good young dman in griffin reinhart.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
dm_151112_nhl_colton_parayko_interview.jpg

Team A | Acquired | Team B | Acquired
:edmonton
|
  • Colton Parayko
  • Vladimir Sobotka
  • Ty Rattie
|
:blues
|
  • EDM 1st '16 (4th OV)
  • Griffin Reinhart
  • David Musil
|

The Edmonton Oilers have traded the fourth overall selection in the draft and defenseman Griffin Reinhart and David Musil to the St. Louis Blues. In exchange, the Oilers have acquired defenseman Colton Parayko, the rights to Vladimir Sobotka, and Ty Rattie. The Oilers thank Griffin and David for their time with the organization.

In a sort of homecoming, the hulking right handed wunderkind defenseman hailing from St. Albert lands in Edmonton. In terms of fit, if Parayko had about three more seasons of NHL experience under his belt, he'd probably single handed solve what ails the Oilers defense. Luckily for us, Parayko is mature beyond his birthdate. With what he's shown in his short NHL career, it'll be up the the coaching staff to resist sending the sophomore over the boards for half the game every night. Not to be overlooked, but in trading away a high value asset like the 4th overall selection, it was of importance to us that we acquire an asset that is protected in the looming expansion draft. Parayko will be exempt under the 2-year eligibility rule.

The reclusive Vladimir Sobotka may return to the NHL. A return this post-season was in the cards till Sobotka injured himself in the KHL playoffs. We're hoping that his past relationship with Peter Chiarelli can entice him to come across the pond and play for the Oilers. Sobotka is on contract for one season at $2,725,000 then becomes a UFA. Based on his play style, scoring in the KHL, and previous years work in the NHL, we could reasonably project Leo Komarov type numbers, with less goal scoring and more playmaking. Around 25-30 points in a bottom-6 role.

The prospect cupboards carried many left handed defenseman, swapping one out in Musil and adding a right handed winger where we're deficient helps balance the prospect pool.

Last edited:

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
:flames are around to talk shop. We've kicked tires on a few goaltending options but haven't heard much back. Still looking to add a young capable starter for the season. We also might be willing to move pick number 6 for a young top line winger but it would have to be a perfect fit.

Available:
Dennis Wideman
Ladislav Smid
Mason Raymond
Matt Stajan
Josh Jooris
Deryk Engelland

The above available players are all on the block, so if you see someone that might fill a need for you let me know and we can work something out.

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
:blues are nowhere near done. Will listen to offers on the 4th pick if the right deal comes along. Shattenkirk drawing interest as well. And looking to move guys like berglund or steen for cap relief

Dabest

Nov 22, 2015
:flyers are looking to make some deals! I'll be on for the next few hours so PM me!

Looking to move Simmonds, Voracek for younger guys

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Feb 6, 2010
:flames

2aa8bf0dc814cba4180ac87ae0652ebe.jpeg

The Calgary Flames are proud to announce they have acquired tenacious forward Andrew Shaw from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for Dallas' 2nd round pick in the 2016 entry draft. Shaw accumulated 34 points in the 2015-16 season with the Chicago Blackhawks while playing a hard-nosed game that perfectly fits the kind of team we'd like to push towards having here in Calgary.​

PaulBissonnette

Average-sized wrench
Jan 24, 2014
Saskatchewan
:devils
Looking to rebuild and retool. There are no real untouchables other than Schneider and Zacha. I'm looking for good, solid young players and prospects, as well as mid to high first round draft picks.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I will take LA if they are still open just PM me and let me know.

Guess LA is taken, will take the Wings then If they are not taken.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
LA is not taken, you can have them.

I will just take Det that way if K2B wants LA we got a full game.

Just a questions before I post my Wings roster, what is happening for Datsyuk in this game is he considered retired and burned cap or is he still considered to be playing next year as he hasn't made an official announcement.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
:wings will be looking to make a big shakeup, we want to keep our streak of making the playoffs alive while getting younger with players who are young NHLers or NHL ready prospect, will also consider bringing the right U30 veterans.

Following players looking to move to a true Contender have been warriors for the Wings:

Datsyuk
Kronwall

Looking to move for another veteran of different player type or prospect:

Green
Ericsson

Will entertain offers on the following players and prospects but don't need to move unless the right deal target is U25 NHLers:

One of Nyquist/Tatar
Sheahan
Mantha
Svechnikov
Oullett
Sproul

Actively shopping

Howard
Glendening
Picks/B prospects

Peter Griffin

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
:nucks

Have had some discussions with several teams regarding Alex Edler but nothing is imminent. Going rate is a 1st round pick +.

Have decided to put Brandon Sutter on the trading block to see what the interest level is there for him.

Jared McCann remains available in a swap for a similarly aged defenseman.

IslesRock4

Ever Forward
Jul 21, 2007
Long Island
K2B requested them in post #23.

I will just take Det that way if K2B wants LA we got a full game.

Just a questions before I post my Wings roster, what is happening for Datsyuk in this game is he considered retired and burned cap or is he still considered to be playing next year as he hasn't made an official announcement.

You guys should just PM me! :laugh:

Alright, K2B can have LA and OTMB can have DET.

I will consult with the other commishs about Datsyuk - it's an interesting situation.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
:panthers

Will listen to offers on one of Kulikov or Gudbranson. Looking for a high end defensive prospect that is close to NHL ready.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad