FA Cup 2022

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
My problem with LFC isn't them winning, but it's just that they got good overnight. Look at the Lightning for example, they were a beast club that had some ebbs and flows where they suffered great disappoint against the Blue Jackets. However, they learned from that and became BTB Cup Champions. LFC had Rogers and the pitch slip, but then got absurd to the point that nothing bad happens to them (not even losing on penalties which is more random than actual skill).

They finished 8th, then 4th, then 4th. In the last year of 4th they lost a final to Madrid. Then they lost a PL title while having 97 points.

It's not like they sucked, Klopp showed up, and they started winning the next year.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
they lost EVERY SENIOR CENTER BACK ON THEIR TEAM last year and won f*** all because of it. they built well for years. they’ve been at the top of the pyramid with city for four years with one year washed out from injury.

idk, i don’t rly buy this all luck thing for eight years
Fixed a little bit for you.

Reactions: Peen

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Andreas Christensen limited Chelsea’s defensive options in the FA Cup final by making himself unavailable for selection on the day of the game.

Christensen was a surprise absentee from the squad that lost on penalties against Liverpool at Wembley on Saturday. He was not carrying an injury and told Thomas Tuchel of his decision on Saturday morning.

It is understood that he had not been feeling well during the week and informed Chelsea’s head coach that he was not ready to play. Christensen had managed to start Chelsea’s win against Leeds last Wednesday.

Tuchel made no mention of the centre-back being injured before or after the Liverpool game. Christensen’s teammates were said to be shocked and confused when the Denmark international left the team hotel.

Reactions: gary69

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
They touched on this in the commentary on Saturday, and I was like "WTF? He's made himself unavailable for a cup final????"

Thats the kind of BS move a wantaway player pulls on the eve of transfer deadline day, not someone leaving on a free in the summer. Has Christensen really won so much that he doesn't want to add an FA Cup to his collection?

Reactions: gary69

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They touched on this in the commentary on Saturday, and I was like "WTF? He's made himself unavailable for a cup final????"

Thats the kind of BS move a wantaway player pulls on the eve of transfer deadline day, not someone leaving on a free in the summer. Has Christensen really won so much that he doesn't want to add an FA Cup to his collection?
Weren’t they screwing with him for a while trying to get him to sign? Pretty sure Tuchel punitively held him out of a match because he hadn’t signed an extension. So, what’s good for the goose…

Totally fine with him turning that around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad