FA Cup 2022

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Now let's wish the injuries are not bad enough for Salah or VVD or Fabinho to miss the final.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This is one of those rules they "emphasize" for three weeks at the start of the season to make a point, and then do nothing about moving forward anyway.
They still enforce it. Keepers have changed their technique to keep one foot behind the line and jump forward (hence why they get so mad when a penalty taker stops running)

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Positive Kante performances this season have been few and far between imo. I think it's fine after the way he left everything on the line last year. It was one for the ages.

Chelsea could sell Kante if they receive a decent offer. If not, he'll be a good addition for the midfield next season to compliment and mentor Gallagher, Gilmour etc.

Reactions: cheechoo

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Now let's wish the injuries are not bad enough for Salah or VVD or Fabinho to miss the final.
Fab is definitely playing per Klopp and van Dijk didn't look injured at all.

I'm gonna repeat what I said when Klopp had this last contract he just tore up for a new one. He's not leaving after this contract

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Call me salty or whatever, but I've never seen a team ever get so fortunate in my life like Liverpool has gotten in the past five years. It just seems everything and I mean everything goes right. All that has happened negatively to them is a little dip in form due to injuries last year.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They still enforce it. Keepers have changed their technique to keep one foot behind the line and jump forward (hence why they get so mad when a penalty taker stops running)
In this kick's case, Alisson jumped off with his left foot over the goal line, so what made it close for me was his back (right) foot being airborne. The angle of the camera means you can't really see if it's behind the line or not.

My understanding initially was that one foot needed to remain on the goal line when the ball is kicked, but I guess the review says his foot being nominally over the plane of the goal line qualifies.

For all I know this was the case for every PK they took, not like that's ever the thing I'm paying attention to when watching PKs.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
In this kick's case, Alisson jumped off with his left foot over the goal line, so what made it close for me was his back (right) foot being airborne. The angle of the camera means you can't really see if it's behind the line or not.

My understanding initially was that one foot needed to remain on the goal line when the ball is kicked, but I guess the review says his foot being nominally over the plane of the goal line qualifies.

Yea it just has to be over the plane.

Call me salty or whatever, but I've never seen a team ever get so fortunate in my life like Liverpool has gotten in the past five years. It just seems everything and I mean everything goes right. All that has happened negatively to them is a little dip in form due to injuries last year.

That was a huge dip in form tbh. We went from having three world class CBs to having guys who played for our reserves and for Bournemouth this season. But they are a very well coached team and play with heart.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Ferguson and Klopp the only ones to win all these trophies at one English club. No need to list them everyone can figure it out.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Have to be good to get lucky repeatedly

Tuchel will forever be praised for winning us the CL and he'll get a long leash just for that, but his track record outside that run has not been that good considering the money spent.
It’s two coin flip penalty shootouts

Reactions: Wee Baby Seamus

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
Diaz threw the top off the trophy lmao

All the players around him could see it happening in slow motion and tried to stop him - he very nearly dropped it off the balcony onto the seats below, but thankfully it didn't come off till he lifted it back over his head. Clearly he wasn't aware the lid comes off :laugh:

Anyway, great game for 105 minutes, both teams had tons of opportunities. Incredible to think that both finals went 120mins and no one scored a goal.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Have to be good to get lucky repeatedly

It’s two coin flip penalty shootouts
They beat Man City to reach the final. How is that lucky?
They will maybe be the only non premier league winner to finish runner-up to the premier league with 90pts+

How is that f***ing lucky!?

PKs are a coin flip. I agree but winning it all to the final is not luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rob

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad