Post-Game Talk: F*** the Penguins | Washington @ Pittsburgh | 1/19/21 7:00 PM ET | NBCSN, NBCSWashington, Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I'll be low key rooting for Sprong to do well. He may be damaged goods after how the Pens bungled his development but I think he could be one of those players where if he's put in the right role, he can be that "out of nowhere" depth scorer who lights up the other team's depth defencemen.

Its surprising how many Pens fans actually are genuinely rooting for Sprong and wish him success even though it's been some years now.

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
Happy to see Vanacek get the start.

Clock ticking on the Orlov-Carlson pairing? It hasn't been good so will be watching closely tonight.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I know we hate the Penguins and all that but it's crazy to me that both of these guys not only met but significantly exceeded the unrealistic expectations set for them, and 15 years later we're still talking about them as kings at their respective positions.

Also who the f*** fitted these nerds for their suits? Terrible.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
I know we hate the Penguins and all that but it's crazy to me that both of these guys not only met but significantly exceeded the unrealistic expectations set for them, and 15 years later we're still talking about them as kings at their respective positions.

Also who the f*** fitted these nerds for their suits? Terrible.

I always say "f*** the pens" like I did in the thread title, but I don't really hate them although I wasn't there to experience the 90s and early 2000s heartbreaks. It feels like more of an ultra-competitive sibling rivalry, especially in recent years as we are both struggling to overcome the same obstacles and after all those high profile meetings. A level of mutual respect at the bare minimum. The past decade and a half feels both very long.. and very short. Or maybe I'm just getting softer as I age like a fine wine.

The current eras of both teams took the league by storm with the coming of Ovie and Crosby and both will decline with Ovie and Crosby. As it should I guess.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Did I just read in that tweet earlier that Laviolette considers Eller to have played two consecutive 'excellent' games? Can't be! Impossible!

Thats coachspeak for "If Eller were in the ECHL where he belongs, then those two games would have been excellent, but in the NHL where he actually is, he's a worse center than Orlov".

Pretty sure that's what Lavi meant to say.

OV Rocks

Jan 5, 2014
Beach with Beer
Lol really? Damn. I guess that’s why they let him go? I seem to remember Sprong being a pretty touted Pens prospect
Again...not totally true in context. He also married her and still is married to her. I find it hard to believe that he was traded by Uncle Sully because of this, if anything I am sure it made it harder for the organization

Reactions: max21

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Caps can keep it 3 real minor penalties, the problem are the refs will call phantom penalties in addition to the real ones.
Keep saying that, but when it happens every game it’s hard to blame refs. They take more penalties when they don’t possess the puck and chase the other team. Even if some are borderline, maybe play better and draw penalties instead?

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Tonight is big. If VV can put up an excellent game like the other night, I would have to think he will get the next game and an opportunity to win the starting job.

I would like to think that Lavi isn't going to make a decision about who's #1 after two games each... VV has an opportunity to win the starting job already, but a lot of people on here are ready to hand it to him based on... three games combined so far? Granted Sammy is struggling and VV looked fine, but lets let this play out over more than a week before calling for time of death on Sammy's career.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad